• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Monument Mythos Discussion Thread

Some of the wildest shit in the series yet.
Also we've got a new profile to make for this new form (The More Perfect Union)

Also, in terms of what this all means, I think I get it now. The Mars Serpent was falling towards Earth with the intent of sending everyone to its own wonderland (Everett said that he was born in hell, and thus had to save everyone from being caged in hell). Using the power of Freedom and the Angel along with himself, it seems they were totally able to annihilate the Mars serpent so that it wouldn’t consume the planet. This act of kindness seems to be what Cthonaut A was looking for in the end, as we see he finally leaves.

A weirdly happy ending.
Makes sense. Coming off of the Nixonverse (a story about grief making you a monster) and Alex’s low points mentally, I think this season was made to me more positive in the end. Like, grief doesn’t have to make you a monster. We see that Freedom, the Angel, and Everett have all suffered greatly, but choose to be good people in the end.

Makes sense. Coming off of the Nixonverse (a story about grief making you a monster) and Alex’s low points mentally, I think this season was made to me more positive in the end. Like, grief doesn’t have to make you a monster. We see that Freedom, the Angel, and Everett have all suffered greatly, but choose to be good people in the end.
Holy crap I just realised

Grief can make you a monster

Alex was grieving about his dead father

Guess who got into controversy

How did I not realise this

Holy crap I just realised

Grief can make you a monster

Alex was grieving about his dead father

Guess who got into controversy

How did I not realise this
Yeah, Alex’s work usually reflects his life. THITO was a sort of love letter of remembrance to his father, the Nixonverse was a story coming from the pain and grief he felt, and the MM S3 is a story coming after he is feeling better about how people can persist through grief.

Yeah, Alex’s work usually reflects his life. THITO was a sort of love letter of remembrance to his father, the Nixonverse was a story coming from the pain and grief he felt, and the MM S3 is a story coming after he is feeling better about how people can persist through grief.
I knew that, I just never really connected “grief makes you a monster” to the controversy

I compiled a small list of all the Q&A stuff from the FREEDOMFALLER Video that sounded more worthy:

Q: Is the Mars Serpent actually a god being or something like they said in MonumentMythology or is it something Else?
A: You believe mythology?

Q: Did the
department created this animated fight
first or the fight occurs first? After all, it
couldn't be possible for the animation
made by the department after the great
division!
A: Thankfully, the great division was not the end of all things.

Q: Did the red
serpent disappear after the great
departure?
A: Yes!

Q (this was actually mine): If the Mars serpent was released in 2023, how
did It get to freedom and the Angel in
2022?
A: Statues and Angels have
indefinite lifespans. You are viewing time
from a human perspective, which will
not suffice. It simply will not!

So from the looks of it,

Cthonaut A = Nixon as both got their powers in the same way. (although D.C guy does say Nixon is way beyond our imagination in "scale" so, maybe he's higher).

Mars Serpent should be comparable to the Horned Serpent.

Everett matches Freedom.

Perfect Union is above Mars Serpent.

So from the looks of it,

Cthonaut A = Nixon as both got their powers in the same way. (although D.C guy does say Nixon is way beyond our imagination in "scale" so, maybe he's higher).

Mars Serpent should be comparable to the Horned Serpent.

Everett matches Freedom.

Perfect Union is above Mars Serpent.
I wouldn’t say the Perfect Union is beyond the mars serpent, since it seems to break apart and die after killing it. It’s more like an equal

Also, I wanna see that statement about Nixon

I wouldn’t say the Perfect Union is beyond the mars serpent, since it seems to break apart and die after killing it. It’s more like an equal

Also, I wanna see that statement about Nixon
It's in GOLDENGATEGIRL.

Under Kau_For_Thee_85's comment. The D.C Rep says about Nixon

"The scale is impossible to imagine! Impossible! You must have a big brain!"

FREEDOMFOREVER also has this new response under a comment from "mel mel"

mel mel

mr. comic dc comic rep representativ e, from mel (your biggest fan):

1. are cthonaut a and nixon's powers related somehow?

Dwight Comics

mel mel (my favorite fan):

1. They are related in the sense that, both times, omniscience was achieved during the Great Division. The eruption of the Horned Serpent, along with the activation of millions of its Special Trees, entangled both individuals through space and time.

It doesn't seem to specify outright power though, just abilities.

So both share the same hax? Wouldn’t that mean that Cthonaut can “fictionalize” things too?
Well it's only talking about omniscience in that particular case.
Btw how is the Mars Serpent = Horned Serpent? Is it because it also has it's own Wonderland? Or am I missing something?
Well I'm only making a guess, and I'm only supposing that they're comparable, not equal.

I'm making that suggestion because they both have a metastructure, with the Horned Serpent metastructure being part of what gets him into Low 2-C. Everett also seems to suggest they're of similar nature, considering he saw the Horned Serpent metastructure as hell, and the Mars Serpent one as another hell that he wanted Earth to avoid falling victim to.

I feel like there’s a way to grant the Angel Speed of Light attack speed by using the god killing machine and some interviews

Back