• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Monkey King vs The Heavenly King. Mori Jin vs Toriko

How does Toriko's luck work? Because in this key, Mori can just clone himself and overwhelm him.

Toriko also lacks the lifting strength to carry Yeoui, so dropping it on him is also an option.

If it's just his luck assisting him through the fight, he still has no answer to being absorbed by the gourd or clone spam.

The gourd absorbed an entire planet's worth of people, I doubt Toriko has that much Gormet Luck.

Toriko's luck will make it so the Gourd won't absorb him,it will either miss him,break down or something will happen to it that prevents Toriko form being harmed.

I am not sure who wins this though what I am sure is that White one shots.

The luck can be absorbed too can it not? Acacia could eat the luck of Toriko and a few others from the scans you showed me.

Acacia can eat anything in Toriko verse.If you think Gourd will absorb it then no,it won't.

You can't absorb Food Luck with just regular absorption.

At this level, the furthest he had gone was x8. Would that be enough to overpower the Food Luck?

Isn't the Mori being used here right after the explosion of the Oraeguk and when he was training in the sage realm? If so, Mori Jin can go up to 190,000x before it becomes life threatening according to the training he did while in the sage realm.

Wait is this White Oni Toriko? You wouldn't be able to absorb food luck. Only reason Neo could was because his consumption/absorption is basically EE. Toriko is def gonna have a hard time dealing with clone spam but believe it or not I think Toriko has higher AP in this key? The Low 4-C scaling chain in Toriko is pretty nuts as Neo can consume 'countless stars'. This Toriko was able to 1 hit Neo completely casually. If Toriko has access to White Oni and food luck and Ultimate Routine in combination, Toriko imagines himself hitting the original Mori clone and him and white Oni would potentially one shot. I am not 100% sure about the Toriko Ap thing though and someone with more Toriko knowledge would potentially have to confirm he has better AP then Mori.

Or we could always use higher AP Jin so he doesn't one-shot.

Food Luck lets you dodge things after they have hit you. It's pretty damn insane.

Too bad his page is terrible. Has barely any info in it, and it's probably missing tons of stuff too.

Yea, I'm about a little over half way into Toriko and I wanted to check out his page and was surprised by how much stuff is missing abilities wise for him despite how long the series has been finished and how updated the tiering is for the verse.

Neo has eaten countless stars, but not all at once. They were in different frenzies where he would travel all over eating everything. This puts him into large star, since there's no way he wouldn't have eaten a large star among those countless, but it doesn't mean he's very far into the tier.

Jin's monkey king mode scales to someone who's likely large star level+, and is drastically stronger to his base, which survived a large star level explosion when he was so weakened/injured he was repeatedly collapsing and could barely move properly. He can also amp his stats 72 times over, and enter speed mode to drastically increase his speed.

Toriko isn't leading in AP.

Even so, if Toriko Just causality dodges with gourmet luck, this is a stomp since Jin can't do anything against that.

I need to finish Toriko in order to get a full opinion on this match up but I can confirm Toriko (and Sani) do have Instinctive Reaction for using Instinct which is literally reacting well....reacting based on instinct.

Though I don't know how Toriko's hax work since I haven't gotten to the parts where he gets them, I don't think they can compensate against an opponent that can near instantly become 190,000x stronger and faster than him.

190kx was beginning of part 5, after the training Jin did between 4 and 5. He would only have some number above 72 here (Since Hui has the skill and a portion of the strength of end of part 4 Jin and used 72x)

We don't even have to go so far. His on screen 8x should be enough to take the AP advantage.

I think Toriko takes this with mid-high difficulty. Food luck is going to protect Toriko from the majority of Mori's clone damage and ultimate routine means Toriko is going to be able to find the real Mori and snipe him with a barrage of forks.

Would Food Luck protect Toriko from a huge AP advantage?

190kx was explicitly after he was "training to the point that my memories of it are foggy, and then some…"

Jin is either at or right below Large Star+ without any Jeahbongchim or retaekwondo stat amping. Toriko one shots someone who is somewhere undefinable above baseline, this means he's hilariously lower in AP. Jin then multiplies his power and speed more than 72 times (likely 120 times+however much retaekeondo amps) and hits him with 100 clones. Can Toriko causality food luck out if more than 7200-12000 attacks before he can even react?

Not really, there's a pretty massive AP gap, and Jin with stat amping is much faster. Plus he has to deal with all the clones. Infinite Kugi isn't cutting it alone.

Having read Toriko I say Jin takes this with low to mid difficulty. Ultimate Routine sounds OP on paper but it's something Jin deals with by having sheer skill and ap, it only worked on those comparable to Toriko in ap, speed and durabilty like Starjun so I don't think it would be useful against Jin if Toriko wasn't able to use it on the kings or Neo. Food Luck runs out eventually so Toriko can't rely on that for the entire fight. The main problem that Jin would have is Toriko's crazy bloodlust aura shit but I don't think that works on anyone stronger/comparable to Toriko and his pretty gnarly casually attack range and aoe.

Jin should take this via cloning and smashing

I do have to mention, I think Toriko possibly has Soul Manipulation via Devil Sense from almost pulling out Guinness's soul by sniffing in response to Guinness pulling out his soul by sniffing. (They were having a sniffing "contest" and they were somewhat comparable)

The chapter: https://********.org/chapter/108122/3

it happens a few pages in.

Having read Toriko I say Jin takes this with low to mid difficulty.

Just replace their names in here and you'll get the right answer.

Food Luck runs out eventually so Toriko can't rely on that for the entire fight.

Show us scans where Food Luck just ran out.

Gourmet luck+White Oni+Ultimate Routine+Monkey Style+Infinity Kugi Punch will deal with Jin.

"Show us scans where food luck just ran out" Starjun vs Joa and Acacia vs Joa, Joa herself explicitly saying her Food luck ran out from fighting Starjun and Midora hinting at that being the case as well.Food Luck has a limit.

Don't even need scans, it was a big part in Joa's Defeat and pretty memorable but the chapter talking about it are 381 and 385 and I'm pretty sure this Toriko doesn't have food luck since according to ,his own words, it was eaten by Neo Acacia (only Midora and zong would have it by the EoS)

Everything Toriko does is only possible if Jin doesn't 190,000x boost his everything nearly instantly and create 100 clones comparable to him. Jin far outskills Toriko so it's likely he Toriko will be able to touch him at all in CQC (no, Food luck or UR will not allow that to happen unless you have proof of him using it on someone who far outclasses him in every way besides range. Food luck is defensive and won't help him hit something and Toriko never used UR on someone 190,000x above him otherwise he would've used it on plenty of other beings who were far above him like Bambina or Guinness or Heracles.

Back