• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Leviathan Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman31

VS Battles
Retired
The Leviathan should just be straight up 1-A. Even if you treat the hierarchy of infinite/endless stories as something similar to an infinite dimensional multiverse (Though I have reasons to believe that this is not the case,I believe they're much more than that, I'll explain my reasoning below)

Quotes about the size of the hierarchy in the Unwritte

The hierarchy was stated to be infinite/endless/has no top or bottom

"....And I will enter the endless spaces he enclosed. The worlds you think of as stories"

"Or does the stairways of the worlds go on forever with no top or bottom?"

"A home of infinite size and extent and majesty as befits of our status" ..."But I can't help being uneasy beloved. Everything will be so different after you've conquered these other worlds and universes"

then the Leviathan should be 1-A for transcending this hierarchy, it has been mentioned several times that everything is just something like a dream for the Leviathan.

"But Anselm spoke of "a conciousness behind the world and the word, greater than both"

And Hegel of "the mind so vast it has no boundary, and therefore bleeds perforce into our own"

The Thing I'd seen--it was too real. Too solid. It made the world seem like a dream. Like a bubble stirred in the water. All of us. Just bubbles"

"If every story is true, then whats the real wold? Just one of the red kings dreams?

Stories/Worlds
I'll explaine why the differences between the hierarchy of stories are greater than dimensionsn

The stories have a reality/fiction hierarchy as shown by the scans below.

"Yeah, now youre getting it. Someone told me once that the words are stacked like cordwood in a barnhouse. Well, we just dropped one level in the stack, and theres no coming back. Wilson write us all. Is writing us all"

"stories told by stories made up by the stories to whom we are only stories"

It's possible for worlds/stories to be move up and down this hierarchy by using the Leviathan as a leverage. As shown at the end of the comic where the story of the Unwritten was moved down where it only became fiction to the now rebooted "main story"

The story of the Unwritten now only exists as fiction

The new world where The Unwritten now only exists as a story is also just another story

We know that the difference between stories are more than dimensions because there are mages in the Tommy Taylor series (A fantasy series written by the father protagonist) who have added entire dimensions to physical space and move their entire land to a far distant place- "the distance in question being one that is not strictly measurable in three dimensions, since it substends across the magical hyperplanes of Taractul and Phrax, as well as the cross-temporal"

Furthermore stories/worlds also have different spaces.

• Story space
1 This is basically "the physical" part of the story.

• Words/The narrative channel/Domain of pure concept
What makes up a story are words. These words function like concept. Every aspect of the story originates from words, words are what makes up these stories. These words originates from the story's narrative channel, which is a space/domain of pure concept, taking control of a story's narrative channel allows you to have control over that story.

"And thats where the story ends. That the story ends when the world ends. When the words that kept it spinning falter into silence"

• The Page
Another space is the page. The page basically the background of the story. Each story is written on a page,the page exists beyond the all the spaces previously mentioned.

"And the bottomless pit will be opened. And the story of God shall be completed at last"

"And thats where the story ends. That the story ends when the world ends. When the words that kept it spinning falter into silence"

"There was no time, or tide. No onset quick or slow. There was nothing. The same nothing, all at once, and everywhere. Not spilling from one place into another. Just suddenly and inexorably there. And once it was there, it made itself at home. Eliminating, with a single shrug of its vast non-being, the possibility that anything else- or the potential for anything else- had ever existed"

"The horn was blown, after all, sounding the note that expressed and embodied the ultimate non-being. The anti-thesis of essence and existence"

So each world/story already has a hierarchy/different spaces

1-The story space

2-The narrative channel

3-The page

So thats the hierarchy in the story of the Unwritten.

At the end of the comics, the story of the Unwritten was moved down through the hierarchy and it only exists as fiction to the now rebooted main story.

The story of the Unwritten now only exists as fiction '

"If you'd written this as straight fantasy, it might have caught an audience. But the the Unwritten is undermined by this meta-narrative about a man---whose life is blighted by his fictional counterpart"

The new world where The Unwritten now only exists as a story is also just another story in the hierarchy

And even this is apparently below another story, which I think was supposed to be our world as there is a 4th wall break by Mike Carey in which he said we and even him are contained in a story

"I heard another story once. Even more implausible that this one. I was in it, and you were too. Every last one of you. If its not finished--if the page is still folded over where I left off reading--then I have to find my way back there. I've got work to do"

The problem is that it isn't enough to transcend an infinite-dimensional hierarchy to qualify for 1-A, as that could just be a higher degree of High 1-B. A character must be qualitatively beyond the concept of dimensions of time and space themselves, and I am not good at evaluating that distinction. We would preferably need the help of DarkLK, Azathoth, Sera EX, or maybe Assaltwaffle, and all of them are mostly absent from the wiki at the moment.

It is very possible that you are correct though, but we preferably need some sort of expert evaluation.

Its not just an infinite dimensional hierarchy though. One world already has an infinite hierarchy. The worlds (each story/layer) has a void/page which completely lacks and is beyond concepts. The Page exists beyond the Narrative Channel, a space/domain of pure concept which is the source of the words/concepts (including dimensions) that describes the worlds. The whale transcends all this

Anyway, sure, I'll contact them

Okay. I suppose that this seems like 1-A then.

I think so, yes. I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back