• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legenday Starfy CRT

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Alright so our Starfy profile is.... a mess.

The Stats​

So, first off I found this old CRT that went nowhere, and I absolutely agree with it. MFTL+ is quite wanky, High Hypersonic feels a lot more reasonable. But that's not all I'm bringing to the table.

As you can see here, Starfy's High 5-A feat is done under an amp. Now, yes, I know, "The Power of Friends" is pretty ridicolous, but this is a kids game after all. And it HAS to be an actual, in-verse stats amplification, as before that Mashtooth was completely immune to Starfy's attacks, despite him being in the middle of a transformation, which makes him stronger. Starfy also shows the ability to fly in space here, which I believe he previously couldn't. So, the current High 5-A rating should be a key of its own, with the others before it having a lower rating.

Now, what should we rate those keys? Of course, if what I'm about to suggest falls, I can easily calc up some 9-B stuff, Starfy does plenty of wall-busting and stuff like that, absolutely no problem at all. However, there's a much higher feat:

(2 pics, if it doesn't show) This Ogura dude attacks you with creation-based magic in his boss fight and directly powers himself up with it, so by this wiki's standards, it should scale to Starfy. However, there's another problem with this calc. It's from Densetsu No Stafy, which is... not officially translated. These screenshots are from the fan translation. Now, I just played through it, and outside of one typo, it seemed well-translated and fluently worded, and Ogura does create whirlpools and hurricanes in the game itself, so it's not like they could have made this up, so personally I'd be fine with using it, but, of course, I don't get the final say.

Anyway, I also have a LS feat I can calc, no problem there either. Speed's an issue, but I'll find something.

The Abilities​

Those, of course, are also a bit of a mess. His transformation abilities are in his P&A but... he can't do that by himself. He needs his bunny friend's help to transform, so they really shouldn't be thrown together with his normal abilities. They should, at best, be a third, separate key.

Starfy's also missing, at a glance:

Pseudo-Flight (Can hover and double jump), Acrobatics (Can do twirls in the air and slide kicks), Non-Physical Interaction (There are some ghost enemies)

And most egregiously of all, Underwater Breathing (BRUH)

Seriously, this series is 70% Underwater, how was this missed???

Furthermore, the abilities he would get from his equipment in Densetsu No Stafy 1-2-3-4 are missing, though that's a lot more understandable. I'll add those too ofc, though the only noteworthy one is the Witch powerup that gives him Intangibility, Invisibility, Flight and Homing Attack.

Other​

"Classification: Star, starfish" is a bit wrong, as Starfy's species is unknown, and it's stated he might be either.

His range being tens of meters makes no goddamn sense. He's a small, stubby dude with no ranged attacks of any sort in his base form. Even his transformations have Several Meters at best.

His "Above Average" intelligence is lacking in any justification, and the one behind his stamina's is a bit questionable.

His weakness section is odd too. Starfy's actually a bit faster on the ground, he's just unable to use certain moves there. Not only that, but him getting dizzy when spinning too much and his childish, clumsy and goofy personality should also be weaknesses.

Last edited:
Well, it's not done with a specific magic spell, just with generic magic power, which the boss does also use to attack and even to buff himself up. So, by this wiki's standards, I think it should be fine.

The abilities also look fine, just haven't looked at those yet when I wrote my first post. Same with the others stuff

Everything looks fine. The storm would be 7-B iirc, but does his physical scale to it?
It would actually be much higher by the way. I don't have scans at hand rn (I can pull them up if needed but it'd require me to replay through quite a bit of game), but it was stated by Old Man Lobber (who is, duh, old) to be the strongest storm he'd ever seen. And even just covering the Artic Ocean with that kinda storm is High 6-C, and it's a fair bit higher than that since it's likely to be more similar to a meridional ocean due to the fauna of the Starfy games. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Storm_Calculations

Considering this verse is fairly obscure, how much more do you two think I need before this gets approved?

It is very obscure, and the profile creator has disabled his own account. I recommend maybe either calcing some of those other feats and having Calc group members evaluate it, or request some of those various calculations. But I think pretty much everything else can be applied.

I can do the calcs myself, no problemo. Well, I say calcs, but unless I can find a speed feat, I've only gotta calc LS, and for that I've got pushing around a large boulder underwater, which is a kind of calc I'm familiar with. Only problem is determining how tall Starfy is, but I'll figure something out for that

bump, just to see if i can get some more attention in the meanwhile

Turns out Starfy's 36 cm tall, so I fixed the calc.

Since the calc evaluation is taking a while, I'll probably be making the rest of the updates tomorrow

Back