• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the General Discussion

The real cal howard said:
Guys, what do you think is a darker game, Awakening or Majora?
Awakening is lighthearted the first half and very sad the second one, but Majora's Mask is proof that taking several kinds of drugs while making a game isn't a good idea.

It's a wonderful, terrifying, idea.

Majora is a vastly darker game, it aint even slightly comparable. Awakening is a bit melancholy and sad at times. Even a bit tragic I guess? But dark? It has dark implications if you think on it but Majora shoves dark down your throat, in multiple ways.

Usually people ask if Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess is darker. I'd say Majora's Mask is darker either way though. Breath of the Wild can also be considered Dark though.

TP is dark, but Majora is dark.

It's dark in a different way, Majora is dark in a much more impactful way though. imo.

So the final boss and ending of the Links Awakening remake (Spoilers for a remake of a 20+ year old game I guess).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DOfBMuOhwzQ

Apparently you can't one shot the Nightmares final form with the Boomerang anymore, also the place you meet the Wind Fish much more clearly shows stars in space than the orignal did.

Oh yeah 4-A wind fish let's freaking GOOOOO btw the game is super fun but what was the initial reason why wind fish feat wasn't accepted despite the fact that it was recreated the same way in the remake?

And the ost is sooo freaking godly its incredible.

Today is a good day for Loz great game cool feats and a 4-A link and possibly higher Vaati.

Damn after all these years we finally have proof I have to say the Loz Fanbase are insanely patient and dedicated that's some Thanos level of conviction him trying to find and get the infinity stones is the equivalent of you guys getting proof for upgrades.

I said more details on the other thread. Did say I was fine with Hylia and Demise scaling at least with a likely. Though, Dark649 provided even more details.

Yeah the vocal Ballad of the Wind Fish is great, as is the entire soundtrack. Was playing the game for a few hours yesterday and the songs are just so nice to listen to, my particular favourite so far is the Animal Village theme which is comprised of just animal noises like cat meows and dogs barking.

Fun fact when you successfully steal an item in Awakening Marin will just call you Thief until you pay for it but normal dialogs continues its just instead of link its Thief damn it makes me laugh sometimes

I've played through LA and god it's amazing. I wonder if this will kill off Link's Awakening DX like how Link's Awakening DX killed off original Link's Awakening.

I have the game, but haven't touched it yet. Still in the middle of going through all routes in Three Houses.

Um, this is a Zelda thread, not a FE thread. We have a Fire Emblem thread for discussing Three Houses. I only posted my comment as my reason for why I haven't played Link's Awakening remake.

Back