• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: A General Awakening

I kind of agree with both of you and I understand what TP1 is trying to say say it's better to play it safe for now, since I rather avoid people coming always trying to downgrade Zelda verse and turn it into shit posting, saying that "LOL it should be at least country level" but yeah let's play it safe for now at least.

Also dosent that make light arrows I dont know faster?

The problem with trying to scale this is that this isn't Breath Links normal speed, he can only achieve these speeds during a Flurry Rush and normally can't even come close to this, trying to scale people to what is essentially a briefly amped speed feat that can only be achieved via dodging something at a specific time is tricky to say the least, full Triforce users could probs get this due to their laughably immense superiority in every way to anyone and anything that aren't the Golden Goddesses. But this should be left for a CRT.

Well technically it can be considered his normal speed to some extent since link can spam slow mo mode and flurry rush as many times he wants with no repercussions.

Plus breath of the wild Link isn't even close to his prime after 100 year of sleep plus heavy body damage, amnesia and a plethora of other stuff.

The other Champions diaries keeps commenting at how overly powerful Link was back in the days, hell let's not forget he was the best fighter on all of hyrule at the age of 4 and can casually deflect guardian beams with a pot lid.

Plus other NPC's makes a lot of comments how insanely fast link his heck even his archery skill is on par with his fighting skills.

And that was still Link that was not in his prime.

Exit: honestly the best I can compare flurry rush is to Saber's mana burst she has het ordinary speed, but she can spam mana burst to an insane degree in order to benefit that sweet speed amp/power boost as many times she wants. So flurry rush=Mana burst

Oh yeah, forgot about parrying and midair bow snipes. I always found it odd how he can enter slow-mo mode when using his bow in the air but can't activate it any other time. Parrying and perfect dodges both use the same mechcanic of getting the timing just right but then you have midair bow shots that he just kinda does, wierd design choice but I get why they did that.

Dust Collector said:
Yeah I guess the reason why he dosent do that at will can be chalked up to game mechanics, since the moment he pulls out his bow he just go slow mo I think Daruk mention something about link activating this ability at will or subconsciously.

Also because of Link's Awakening ending and wind fish chilling in a 4-A sky shouldn't he be fast as well, I know I talked about this with Cal and he said to play it safe but with these knew speed upgrade Wind fish feat seems more legit now.

Anyways we need to wait and see if that calc is accepted in the first place, then get a CRT going for that.

Asides from that, I found an interview with Aonuma on Majora's Mask and found an interesting explanation behind why the rupees stay in the bank.

"Why is the bank vault in Clocktown not affected by time? Why is your money always the same when everything else resets?

Part of this is just the most practical answer. The bank needs to maintain your rupees, otherwise you would lose them at the end of every three day cycle, despite the fact that it's really important to build up enough money to buy things in the game. We needed to find some reason for stuff to stay in the game, and we considered the idea that there would be some kind of markings on Link's hand that maybe you could only see if you shone a black light on them. This was talked about, the identification of his account and the current balance in it.

This would sort of make sense in that world because every time he goes back to the beginning of that three day cycle, he goes back in time but he stays who he is, he retains everything that is part of his person. We thought that would kind of make sense, because you could just look at your hand and say, "Oh, yes, you were this person, with this account, and this is your balance." But that still would represent a situation where the amount of money in the vault was changing over time."

He also states bottles in zelda are pretty OP

"Why are bottles so hard to find in the Zelda universe? Is there a shortage of glass?

As it turns out, in this remade version of Majora's Mask, we added one extra bottle. If you happen to collect all of them, you're going to see a slightly interesting event. It certainly is true that they were hard to find in the original games, and we wanted to address that by giving people more chances to find bottles by adding this extra one.

Regarding the bottles themselves being very valuable? I suppose it's true since they can hold so many different things it makes it possible for you to do more in the game. They do have a very precious existence, from that perspective. As to why there are so few, I would simply say it has to be that way based on how powerful they are in the game."

Useless objects being useful against the main villain of a Zelda game:

Bug net against Agahnim in ALTTP

I guess Boomerang against original Nightmares in LA (fixed in the Switch version)

Bottles against Ganondorf (and probably Phantom Ganon as well) in OoT

Bottles against Phantom Ganon in WW

Fishing Rod against Ganondorf in TP

Bug Net against Demise in SS

Bug Net against Yuganon in ALBW

Did I miss anyone?

Cloud and Link have such and interesting rivalry. Despite being from completely different games, there is a shocking amount of things similar between them.

Their connection is pushed even further because of the first part of the FF7 Remake is coming out on the same day that BOTW did two years ago.

Warren Valion said:
Cloud and Link have such and interesting rivalry. Despite being from completely different games, there is a shocking amount of things similar between them.

Their connection is pushed even further because of the first part of the FF7 Remake is coming out on the same day that BOTW did two years ago.
Nice catch and yeah honestly I consider these 2 fraternal brothers in gaming.

Warren Valion said:
I honestly wish there were more friendly crossovers between the two of them. What's interesting is despite their similarities is that they also contrast in many ways that really would put an interesting dynamic betwen them: Link is a chosen hero who more than lives up to his legacy and task, Cloud is a failure who posed as someone strong and cool but became a real hero once he acknowledged his weakness and overcame it. While Link has partners, he mostly handles his missions by himself, Cloud worked with and needed the support of his friends and became a stronger person thanks to them. Link's thoughts and feelings are mostly up to interpretation, discovering the true Cloud is essential for the story of FFVII.

Yeah, I feel that Link and Cloud would be a very cool crossover.

They just play off each other immaculately.

One Minute Melee.

In it, Cloud challenges Link due to a bounty on the latter, Link wins, and Link leaves Cloud with potions and rupees for him to recover. Because that's in character for Link.

I think it's time to do the thread for the speed upgrade.

That bounty tho on Link's head in the OMM what the actual hell?!?

What do we need to get Vaati's feat accepted? Because I swear to God if it's an other Wind fish situation where we are not sure that the background looks like stars which they are I'm calling Bs lol.

But yeah what do we need I want that sweet 4-A again plus a new speed upgrade and technically single pieces of triforce should be 4-A, since the light source is basically the power of Hylia a goddess.

So it makes sense for a single piece of triforce to rival a God in the legend of zelda, since the sages of light in twilight princess are considered deities themselves and they one shotted Ganondorf with a divine weapon too, until ToP brought him back and allowed him to one shot them.

So light force=Hylia Light force=Single pieces of triforce Single pieces of triforce = God's and Deities of the Zelda verse

Dust Collector said:
I hope the hookshot comes back in Breath of the Wild 2, really missed it in the first one.
I really hope too actually I want all key items of link back and permanent. Or at least let us upgrade items into their final stage so that we can make them unbreakable.

Don't feel like using a hookshot that could break.

So I have to ask but anyone here a fan of Dragon's dogma? Was thinking about opening a general discussion thread on its page but I'm asking if any of you here have played it?

Just a thought, but do any of you guys have any theories about Zelda? I love theories and I would like to hear some.

Doesn't have to be BOTW 2 related, but it can be.

While we're on the subject of Link's romantic life, do you think TP Link loved Midna or were they just really good friends by EoS? Ilia is a thing so unless there's more Twilight in Twilight Princess than I thought, he probably only had the hots for one of them.

The real cal howard said:
While we're on the subject of Link's romantic life, do you think TP Link loved Midna or were they just really good friends by EoS? Ilia is a thing so unless there's more Twilight in Twilight Princess than I thought, he probably only had the hots for one of them.
I don't think Link had any romantic connection to either Midna nor IIia.

Back