• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This CRT will be focusing on The Last of Us verse and look at potential changes that can be made to the character's profiles

The main thing that I want to point out is that skull crushing has been nerfed from Wall Level to Street Level. So characters and their firearms shouldn't have that feat listed. I don't think this means that the characters of the verse should be nerfed to Street Level though. There are clearly some pretty good Wall Level feats, such as Bloaters casually destroying large walls and tables, Abby driving Ellie through a floor, and a small group of infected being able to take down fully grown moose. So the verse is obviously Wall Level, we just need a good calc for the verse to go off of so that we aren't just calling them baseline. Destroying a table is listed as 273,000 Joules, and a bloater could do this pretty easily. Abby smashing Ellie through a floor might also be something that we can calc. Ultamitly, the verse should scale below 273,000 Joules, with weaponry and stronger opponents like the Bloater and Rat King being exactly 273,000 Joules. Because of this change, most fights the characters are in should be removed due to the AP of The Last of Us now being drasically different than when most of those fights were made.

As for the verses LS, crushing a skull is 500kg of force, so Joel, Ellie, and Regular Infected are Peak Human in LS. Abby can snap necks and easily overpower Ellie, so her Class 1 LS still works. Clickers and Bloaters should all have Class 1 LS due to being able to overpower Abby without much difficulty, with Abby only having a chance against them with a shiv. The Rat King could move around an ambulence, which weigh 10,000-14,000 lbs, or 4535-6350 kg. The Rat King didn't lift up the whole thing, it just shook it around a lot. So something like High Class 1 to Low Class 5 would make sense for it.

Also this might be an unpopular opinion, but each infected should have it's own key, rather than just having 2 keys and having a majority of the infected clumped together. The runners and stalkers might not need different keys, but the runners and clickers almost 100% need different keys, as one of them is a fodder enemy that can be killed by pretty much anyone in the verse, and the other is a nearly unstoppable opponent that even the strongest humans in the verse have trouble taking down without weapons. So I think we should have 4 keys. Runners/Stalkers, Clickers, Bloaters/Shamblers, and The Rat King.

Also, Joel and Ellie's profiles are missing a lot of abilities. They both have access to explosives and molotovs, so they should have a lot more hacks than he has listed on their profiles. Granted, most of them are due to weaponry, but it would still count. Some abilities they should have:

• Ellie should have Stealth Mastery due to being able to hide on the same level as Joel
  • Both should have Fire Manipulation due to Molotovs & Joel having a Flamethrower
  • Both should have Smoke Manipulation due to Smoke Bombs
  • Both should have Explosion Manipulation due to Nail Bombs and Ellie's Explosive Arrows
  • Joel & Abby should have a resistance to disease and poison with their Gas Mask
  • All 3 of the Main Characters should have preperation on their profile due to benifiting greatly when given time to prepare for a situation
  • Joel's intelligence should be listed as "Above Average", not as "High"
  • All 3 should have Statistics Amplification through being able to upgrade their speed and durability through pills (Might count as GPM)
Thats about it.

Last edited:
I think we should also discuss what matches on each character's profiles can stay and what should be removed. The verse is getting a pretty big upgrade to their AP, so some matches might have to go.
  • Joel vs Rick should have been removed a long time ago due to Joel's heafty AP advantage even before this upgrade. It was removed from Rick's profile, why not Joels?
  • Joel vs Abby can stay due to them both being equal to each other in AP
  • Joel vs Franklin can stay due to the fact that Franklin is still stronger than Joel even after this AP buff, and Joel won due to his stealth ability and skill, not because of physicallity
  • Joel vs Niko can probably stay too due to Niko winning through his formal training and experience, but it can be debated on whether or not this point is mute after Joel's upgrade. So this fight probably requires more discussion
  • Abby vs Ethan is also a debate we should discuss further on if it should be removed or not. I personally think it should due to Abby having higher AP and Durability now, but Ethan did partially win due to poisonous bullets, so this likely requires further discussion
  • Abby vs Daniel should be removed due to Abby now having far higher AP than she did in that fight. A rematch can still be done, but the original match shouldn't be on either's profiles
  • Bloater vs Xenomorph can probably stay due to the Xenomorph winning because of it's resistance to acid, so we can keep this fight
This is all my opinion, so let me know if you think I got something wrong and what matches should be kept/deleted

To my understanding, since this isn't a too major CRT, two mods giving their okays is enough for of an okay to start applying CRT stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back