• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Niko Bellic vs Joel Miller

Joel:

Niko: 5

This is my very first match. Joel recently defeated Franklin Clinton from GTA V in a very close fight, I felt like this fight would be a lot closer. Who wins & why?

Speed Equal

Fight takes place in apocalyptic liberty city

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Joel, but Niko has military experience, explosives and self defence CQC, also has been in tons of firefights with gangs and police

Which should make him at least somewhat equal to Nico in terms of skills

In a close combat situation, both characters have options with Nico having pressure point attacks while Joel has a flamethrower. However in long range, they both have similar options. I don't know who to vote just yet

Which should make him at least somewhat equal to Nico in terms of skills

In a close combat situation, both characters have options with Nico having pressure point attacks while Joel has a flamethrower. However in long range, they both have similar options. I don't know who to vote just yet
When it comes to Skills, Niko definitely has the edge in H2H.

Niko being a war veteran of Yugoslav/Bosnian Wars prior to the events of GTA IV during which he was in his teenage years this gives him massive experience advantage as well as all the missions/events that took place in GTA IV by standard viewing of both profiles I'll go with Niko unless more arguments are presented.

Niko should win this, from what I've played and seen from both games.

Joel is experienced and skilled, that is undeniable. However, his feats, in both practice (Execution in-game, when you see him moving, shooting, taking cover, doing tactical maneuvers) and in theory (Putting raw stuff he fought against v.s. what Niko has faced) are simply less impressive.

Joel has 20-ish years of experience mostly fighting bandits (who are battle hardened, don't get me wrong) and infected, with squabbles against military happening every once in a while. Niko has fought in the Yugoslav wars since he was a teen, and since then, has continously faced the criminal underworld of the GTA world, actually being the protagonist who faced the most battle-tested foes. (Many of the villains in GTA IV are experienced soldiers who have notedly survived some incredibly tough situations) I could explain in detail why I think that puts Niko above, but I'm sleepy, so just to sum things up: Joel is closely matched with him in mentality and, heck, even in aim. But Niko has far more formal training, and his experience as a soldier and criminal both grant him an edge in tactics and in fighting much like how Joel does.

And in a practical sense, when comparing how they move in each game, how they fight in both unarmed and armed scenarios and everything... Yeah, Niko is far more polished and nimbler.

Back