• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Isaac has passive damage, passive timestop, passive flies that deal twice his damage, and with every single item a pretty much undodgable attack that self perpetuates, has a very high chance to instakill at any point, and also absorbs enemy shots. Throw in stuff like holy mantle and gnawed leaf, and even with the AP disadvantage I'd say Isaac still likely wins. All items Isaac is pretty ridiculous. How 8C is the Hunter?

Meant to say slow, but its Broken stopwatch, its normally a chance but with luck as high as he has it its practically guaranteed. There's also pre nerf stop watch, which is definitely guaranteed.

Passive 9-A damage she can tank just fine.

She has passive time slow too (Super Hot Watch)

Flies can be tanked or killed mid air.

She can destroy incoming attacks with a blank.

She can absorb enemy shots too.

She has items that grant her invulnerabilty/nullify the attack

Isaac also has stuff like the soul to push away bullets, holy mantle and about 14 revivals for survivability, Isaac's heart to waste a few shots on the normal body, and dull razor to trigger every single on damage effect. Notable ones are even more time slow, empathic manip, invincibility, shielding, halving all damage to come on top of already having halved damage, fear manip, and a bunch of damaging abilities on top of his shot.

Blanks are limited, Isaac's shots aren't. Especially when they forever spawn more and more tears out of themselves. Flies are spawned every time something hits, and do double Isaac's damage.

The Hunter has three resurrection items, a cloned body that takes her place when she dies, and time loop based immortality when all of this fail. A reminder that he has Isaac's Earth ovo

Tbh their powers are fairly similar, coming from someone who has 400 hours into Isaac and 150 in EtG

I don't think the time loop can really save her, considering that due to Void he has access to all the spacebar items. That includes glowing hour glass, and due to that he can use it quite a lot. I'm thinking Isaac due to more rez items rn.

From what I remember playing the game, most of Isaac's stuff actually focus on raw damage (Flies, Damage Ups,) which won't exactly work on someone who's a whole tier above you. From what I can see Isaac's best chance here is to hit her with a Chaos Card or something.

The Hunter's attacks are gonna do a number on Isaac, especially the Danmaku and hax that Isaac isn't exactly resistant too, she resists a few of Isaac's good hax.

I'll vote the Hunter.

Yes, but Isaac himself isn't immune to resets.

And her reset is automatic upon death.

And even if Isaac resetted before she does, he would have to fight her again.

Blanks aren't that limited btw. Elder Blank is rechargeable, Howl is basically a mini blank, each piece of armor is a Blank, and she has a familar that can simulate the effect

Isaac just puts out so much 9A shots that its enough to harm Hunter. Isaac's dealt with Danmaku, and I don't remember anything that the player can create in EtG that's more extreme than damnaku from the likes of Mega Satan, Delerium, and Hush. Could be wrong though, but the only thing I can really think of coming close in terms of Danmaku is duct taped cannon. Even then, that's not as ridiculous as Isaac's shot here. While he loses out in AP, he puts out so much stuff that it can hurt the hunter, and he has more revival items than her. 9A and 8C aren't too far apart.

Elder blank takes more time to charge than it does for Isaac to shoot more though, and while you can stack up a ton of blanks at once Isaac can just keep shooting. Does the death thing just reset everyone when she dies? If so, I'd think incon unless I find some item that would get him out of that.

Raiden Coli is pretty much brimstone + homing level.

Also Crown of Guns + Flak Bullets beats Hush when it comes to volume of fire.

It resets everyone yes.

Also the Hunter is high end 8-C, so Isaac still needs quite a lot of shots

Isaac does take versatility btw. I'm only explaining that the Hunter has what it takes to hold her own in that department

Each of the many tears spawned by Isaac doing just about anything has a chance to ignore dura, so through sheer volume of fire Hunter eventually gets hit by one and would take actual damage through it. Also, does she resist petrification? I didn't see it on the profile, which seems weird since I could have sworn someone does petrification ingame, because Isaac can do that. Do you have a video of Crown of Guns and Flak? I haven't seen that synergy myself. Also, is time loop limited?

Hunter has literally everything Isaac has plus AP and Type 8.

Not sure how he doesn't win here, going hunter.

I don't have a video, but it's basically like when Hush makes those tears that split into smaller tears, but with a few dozens of them.

She doesn't resist pietrification no. The Gorgun can petrify her.

The time loop isn't limited.

I'm pretty sure there's a spacebar item that does petrification, and after Isaac kills her while she's stone and gets reset he would probably just leave her that way for incap, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Isaac can Void forever.

True.

Satanic Bible + Book of Revelations + Sharp Plug grant him basically infinite usages.

Unless freaking Battery Baby decides to ruin your sinergy

super bum steals your batteries and Isaac dies 15 times, it was a double agent all along

I'm going to go with Isaac via petrification incap then.

Actually now that I think about it he has infinite usages due to Isaac's Heart too.

Because it's like one of the three things that make Isaac's Heart useful (the others being IV Bag and the Forgotten, because the Forgotten is broken)

Heart+Spark plug and all the battery items, and there's ways to spawn batteries if that fails.

Isaac's heart is actually pretty decent if you play around it, you're immune to curse rooms and floor hazards, while also having a shield. Its almost like flight+guillotine in a way.

But she can't get around petrification, which Isaac can do forever

But it also depends if Isaac kill her or not.

If he does, she comes back but this time she has knowledge

He probably kills once, but can just petrify forever when she revives. Not like there's much else for him to do, and the petrification is still unavoidable.

She can time stop him if she has knowledge.

Also Void + Glowing Hourglass obliterates all the good synergies ovo

Can she do it immediately? I don't think its OOC to spam spacebar even if she's not quite dead yet.

OP never said Isaac had been in any previous rooms BFRed to his room before his mom tried to kill him confirmed

She only needs to use the Aged Bell.

Nothing beats Void + Forget Me Now before they fixed it though

Also I know that I can't vote but tbh I see this as inconclusive.

Reasons being:

>Isaac himself getting reset means that he won't learn that killing doesn't allow him to actually win

>The Hunter needs to get through all his lives in one go, because those would also be reset when she dies.

>If Isaac does die to time stop or something, he is 100% granted to spam spacebar stuff ASAP so it becomes a who shoots first, for a dozen of times

TL;DR: Both have very solid survivability, and in fact it's too solid to say who can reliably win

If Aged Bell has no charge time or whatever, incon then. Both incap simultaneously at that point. Giving attack initative to the recently rezzed person would result in Isaac winning, since he also has rez, but I don't think it works like that.

Void + Diplopia with a way of getting batteries or charge works.

Has Isaac Voided Plan C?

i say inconclusive,

Isaac can't get past her type 8 immortaly

but she's isn't going to get trough the space bar items spam that is the all items void (multiple invincibility items, time slows and durability bypassing) combined with the unholy battery spam you get by having all those items and isaac has 10 more revives than the The Hunter

She can't just time stop him because....?

To fine tweak Kal's point

"It becomes who shoots first for a dozen times"

If Hunter wins, she gets the victory

If she doesn't, she comes back and the process repeats.

the effects of the broken watch and the stop watch make so he will always be able to active the void and kill the huntress

Back