• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Green Goblin vs Captain America

But yeah, given the current status quo, my vote goes to Gobby for Baken's reasons.

That and the Spider-peeps are gonna get some boosts in LS in the near future, possibly far above what Cap can muster.

Refer to Baken's argument here.
Literally his entire argument is based on Green Goblin being able to fight Spider-Man, being that he was mashed up by Spidey. Green Goblin in his fights had to resort to using his equipment or risking the lives of people around him.

As for the equipment burdening the shield, Captain could fight Iron Man who had many options for his costume.

Literally his entire argument is based on Green Goblin being able to fight Spider-Man, being that he was mashed up by Spidey. Green Goblin in his fights had to resort to using his equipment or risking the lives of people around him.

Tobey was the one that gave him a beating good enough to make him beg, not Tom. Tom even when enraged took significantly more hits to take down Gobby in the final fight (And this made Gobby even more happy that Tom was now going without morals) than even Tobey, who might I remind you, brutally beat down Gobby after being weakened from holding the cable car and being blasted in the face with a Pumpkin bomb, to the point where Gobby begged him to stop.

As for the equipment burdening the shield, Captain could fight Iron Man who had many options for his costume.

Mark 46 Iron Man got a nerf in AP and combat capabilities BTW. And Cap literally could not damage the armor without the shield, that and they were in CQC, Iron Man wasn't bombarding the ground in flight, which Gobby will almost certainly do. Even then, if Iron Man took to the sky, he'd have almost certainly laid Cap into the ground for good.

Last edited:
That's literally feats, Gobby was contending with a Bloodlusted MCU Spidey who got control over his Spidey Sense for a short bit before being stomped; Gobby actually landed a hit with his arm blade.

Gobby was actually taking the hits quite well and was at risk of dying by the hands of MCU Spidey the moment he picked up his glider that contained the blade that managed to slice through Doc Ock's Mechanical Arm like butter.
Yes, an Iron Man who was bodying both Cap and Bucky at once and was planning on knocking his ass out until Bucky was the perfect distraction for that very moment to secure a win alongside fighting in an area that would give Cap an easier time to get close range since they are fighting under an enclosed area.

Does not matter, Gobby's overwhelmingly strong ranged equipment from bullets, missiles, grenades to homing blades will decimate Captain America.

Also, Captain America breaking Goblin's glider is also unlikely because Goblin won't just stand there doing absolutely nothing, the only reason Spider-Man (Tobey) managed to **** up his glider was because he shot his web directly to Goblin's eyes, blinding him for a moment as he tries to remove the web from his face which is enough time for Spidey to do a backflip and remove a part from the glider that causes it to malfunction, just malfunction mind you and not completely destroy it and turning the glider into something useless. Captain America does not have the equipment that would blind Goblin to give him the opportunity to do the same.

Goblin would be moving around the battlefield and has a drastic mobility advantage over Captain America, aiming for the glider with his shield throw could be very risky, it could end up actually be a detrimental to Cap's chances of winning because Goblin could just do this.

The moment Cap throws his shield and Goblin sees it, he can counter by shooting at the shield with his glider bullets, essentially deflecting the shield? I don't know the right term but the point is that shield won't be coming back to Cap's arm, leaving him defenseless, leaving him open to be slaughtered by Goblin's arsenal.

Cap is not stupid, he would try to get close to Goblin in other ways instead of throwing his shield (with the possibility of losing the only 6-C defense he has). Yes it would be difficult since Goblin can fly but it's not like he's in a hurry or anything, Goblin can't do anything to Cap as long as he has the shield.

Once he gets close (or manages to separate Goblin from his glider somehow) he skillstomps.

Cap is not stupid, he would try to get close to Goblin in other ways instead of throwing his shield (with the possibility of losing the only 6-C defense he has). Yes it would be difficult since Goblin can fly but it's not like he's in a hurry or anything, Goblin can't do anything to Cap as long as he has the shield.
Goblin can't do anything to Cap? Nope, there's a shitton of things he can do to Cap, that shield won't be defending him from a missile explosion this size.
unknown.png

Quoting Ziller here:
going with goblin
just a reminder that a shield is nigh incapable of blocking an omnidirectional explosive attack
Goblin also has homing razor blades that could catch Cap easily catch Cap off guard since it can attack from behind too, even Spider-Man was caught by the attack.

Saying that Cap isn't stupid ain't saying much because he literally threw his shield to Iron Man thinking it would do shit lol.

Also name a way for Cap getting close to Goblin? I can't seem to find one when Goblin can easily outrange Cap with his Glider while throwing grenades and blasting bullets onto Cap. They aren't in a enclosed area or something, SBA has them at Central Park and the starting distance is 20 Meters, giving Green Goblin the freedom and fresh air to roam around Central Park in the air while Cap is out in the open like a duck in the middle of the road.
Once he gets close (or manages to separate Goblin from his glider somehow) he skillstomps.
Yes, he skillstomps 🤷‍♂️, I mean Goblin can take a hit quite well since he was taking bloodlusted punches to the face quite well, he was in fact laughing during that final fight moment. Even though MCU Spidey was "holding back" during their first fight, Goblin showed that he has good CQC skill since he was demolishing MCU Spidey in a fight, using Spidey's own webs against him, etc. Goblin was also like I said so many times was hanging in there with bloodlusted MCU Spidey and actually landed a hit on him, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get skill ****** by Cap in a hand to hand fight. Cap's skill is superior of course but Goblin is no slouch.

What's stopping Cap from just cutting his glider in half with his shield?
What's stopping him from doing that? Goblin flying in the air stops him from doing that, Cap cutting his glider in half implies that Cap got close and cut through the glider in the first place which is very difficult to do already due to Cap lacking ranged attacks except for his shield and lacks the mobility when compared to Goblin with his Glider who can move freely in the air quite easily and contains a shitton of ranged options that Goblin can easily use such as machine gun fire, grenade bombs, homing razor blades and missiles.

Cap lacking ranged attacks except for his shield and lacks the mobility when compared to Goblin with his Glider who can move freely in the air quite easily
He can't move freely in the air, he can't fly upwards that well.

and contains a shitton of ranged options that Goblin can easily use such as machine gun fire, grenade bombs, homing razor blades and missiles.
All of those are nullified by the shield.

He can't move freely in the air, he can't fly upwards that well.
He was still way high up there in the air, high enough that Cap can't actually do shit.
Plus in the same video at the Very beginning Goblin was actually moving around with his glider quite well.
Also 0:40 Goblin managed to move up nicely while carrying a cable car with peeps inside.
All of those are nullified by the shield.
The shield takes all the hits until a explosion this size bypasses the shield and hits Cap instead.
IMG_20220204_225450.jpg

I’m seeing an odd amount of MCU Spider-Man downplay here that shouldn’t be used for arguments in the first place (literally all the Spider-Men are equal in AP)

That said, Goblin does have a lot of cunning tactics that make him more than just your average martial artist with explosives on hand. I think it’ll definitely throw Cap off a bit given the Raimi films portray Norman as an opponent who uses his skills and arsenal to make the most of his super soldier enhancements. Leaning for him, not gonna vote yet though

Also helps that Goblin’s equipment gives him a significant range and AP advantage

That's not the case. If it were, it wouldn't be significant enough to determine who the winner is for this match alone anyways. Especially with how the weaponry and skill of these opponents is very important for how they battle

Gonna chime in and mention that SBA would have this in Central Park, and doesn't rule out Norman doing something with a hostage that could at the very least throw Cap off his game.

Edit: wrong

Don't we usually disregard bystanders for the SBA? Tbh I don't think Norman would even need that to win

I wonder if Caps experience fighting alongside Falcon would be enough of an influence here. He's definitely had more experience seeing characters with similar gliding tech fight than Goblin has vice versa.

I think I'll have to vote for Norman. Cap's skill in the MCU is nothing to gawk at, but I truly do think Goblin's arsenal is just too well optimized in his favour. The Spider-Men he's fought tend to have really helpful traits (such as their senses) and greater agility that work as nice counters to Osborn's combative capabilities. Steve's got some nice agility himself. Its just not as mobile and flexible to the situations Norman can put him in

If Norman gets knocked off of his Glider, we know that Norman can still command that. His Razor Bats have homing capabilities that can give Steve trouble if he has to focus on Goblin's other attacks. Pumpkin Bombs are something that MCU/Raimiverse/TASM 8-Cs upscale, but the missiles certain aren't. I do believe that Norman's going to benefit the most from his range game here and essentially has enough weaponry to overwhelm Captain America with his more cunning battle tactics

Voting Green Goblin

Back