• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Green Goblin vs Captain America

Green Goblin has good shit in his arsenal such as his obvious Pumpkin Bombs with the AOE Explosions or razors that could track Captain America, good way to bypass that shield (Explosions) alongside his Glider which allows him to be agile in the air, Cap would struggle to catch up with this dude since he is not an air fighter. He also has shit like his sleep gas, he won't use it frequently but the option does exist I guess.

Captain America getting hit by the glider blades directly (not his shield) should be able to heavily injure or even possibly kill Captain America because the glider blades sliced through Doc Ock's mech arm like butter and those arms aren't a joke because it literally shat and overpowered Raimi Spidey and Tom's Iron Spider in their respective movies.

his shield as a ranged weapon
I don't think that's as effective as Goblin's ranged weapon since that's only one shield compared to how much Goblin has in his arsenal such as his Goblin bombs and missiles. Green Goblin can probably see that Cap's main weapon is his shield and he could try disarming him.

Green Goblin can throw bombs at Captain America alongside dropping missiles that produces explosions that should be able to bypass the shield and hit captain america too. he also has homing attacks with his razor pumpkin things so Captain America must be on the look out all the time.

I feel inclined to go with Cap here, flight and aoe is nice and all but I'm pretty sure its nothing Cap hasn't dealt with before (Tony did all of that iirc) he should also be able to survive it pretty well if he gets hit.
Cap can also snipe Green Goblin out of the sky with a shield throw considering how good his aim is and force a fist fight, which Goblin is horribly outclassed in besides maybe AP assuming the Shield is weaker than him.
Sleep manip won't work here due to Cap's resistance to drugs in general, and the razor things aren't that useful since Cap won't be dodging them, he'll be using his shield to block them like he does any other projectile. (its sort of like a boomerang, a boomerang is gonna stop if it hits something)

I think I'm going to vote for Goblin. Though Captain America has had experience dealing with flying opponents, I believe that the variety of weapons Goblin has at his disposal would be enough to overwhelm Captain America, and I don't think that the shield would be effective enough at tanking the entire blast of Goblin's Pumpkin Bombs or missiles, not to mention the Razor Bats which could maneuver around Captain America's shield, and I'm not sure Captain America is too experienced in dealing with homing attacks. The only reason why Raimi-verse Peter was able to deal with those Razor Bats is because of how acrobatic he is, and even then they still managed to graze him. When they were used in No Way Home, the only reason none of them hit is because there were like five fighters there, which would make it easier to dodge or intercept them. Captain America hasn't shown the same level of acrobatic mastery as Spider-Man, and I think carrying his shield would make it more difficult for him to dodge and move swiftly enough. In Spider-Man 3, when Harry used the Razor Bats again, Peter mumbled to himself, "I hate those things", proving how troublesome it is to deal with them. Goblin's blades could also do serious damage to Captain America via the glider.

There's also Goblin's performance against both versions of Spider-Man, and I think that's the main piece of evidence for me. During his fights with Raimi-verse Peter and MCU Peter, he was able to overwhelm both of them multiple times during their fights. In the 2002 Spider-Man movie, Green Goblin was utterly dominating Peter in the cemetery, and in No Way Home, Goblin was able to seriously hurt MCU Peter and dominate him for most of the fight despite Peter taking the fight seriously. The only way that the two Peters were able to defeat Goblin is when both of them became fully enraged and bloodlusted. While it's true that Captain America was holding back against Peter in Germany, keep in mind that Peter was also doing the same and he wasn't really out to hurt Captain America since he admired him and was still a newbie. And it's important to consider that Goblin was fighting a stronger, more experienced Spider-Man whose Spider-Sense had been fully developed, and he was winning during their initial fight. Captain America isn't really one to let himself be taken over by rage or be consumed by vengeance, and since Goblin doesn't really know anything about Captain America, he wouldn't really have a way to push his buttons and provoke Steve into trying to kill him. Therefore, I think that Goblin's experience, weaponry and fighting style would allow him to take the edge in this fight if he's careful.

Last edited:
Doesn't Goblin have High 8-C Missiles on his Glider or something or am I thinking of a different version of Green Goblin?
No, he does. Those are listed on his profile, and even if Captain America blocked that missile with his shield, I don't think it'd be enough to protect himself from the full blast as I already mentioned.

I do think explosives are Cap's biggest issue here, but the razors aren't exactly useful here because Cap isn't gonna try to dodge them he's gonna outright block them with his shield that has 6-C durability. Also almost all of those weapons Cap has dealt with before besides the razor blades, which aren't useful here as I already said

The Glider isn't that useful since Cap's aim is more than good enough to just outright snipe him out of the sky with the shield, which is > his AP, for reference the ap gap is a little less than 2x here

The main reason I think Cap wins here is that he's so much more skilled here and has the means to force the fight into CQC which he'd outright dominate in, even if he's physically weaker he's still gonna massively outskill, have a LS advantage, and has the shield for extra melee damage.

Goblin does have trickery up his sleeve, but I think if he reverted to Norman and then swapped back like in the end of Spider-Man 1 he'd notice that his voice changed again, his enhanced senses should be good enough to notice that he may be getting tricked.

I'm holding my vote for Cap

I do think explosives are Cap's biggest issue here, but the razors aren't exactly useful here because Cap isn't gonna try to dodge them he's gonna outright block them with his shield that has 6-C durability. Also almost all of those weapons Cap has dealt with before besides the razor blades, which aren't useful here as I already said
But the Razor Blades are small and can act as homing attacks, and I seriously doubt that Captain America would be able to block all of them with his shield, not if they're that small and they're numerous enough. They could easily just circle around him and attack from behind, forcing him to try and block from all sides which would be nearly impossible to do without being unscathed, all while being attacked by Green Goblin. In the first Spider-Man movie, Spider-Man was forced to do that in his second fight with Green Goblin in the burning building, and he still couldn't get out unscathed. In fact the only reason Peter was able to dodge those Razor Bats without even seeing them is because of his Spider Sense, and Captain America's senses aren't NEARLY that impressive.
The Glider isn't that useful since Cap's aim is more than good enough to just outright snipe him out of the sky with the shield, which is > his AP, for reference the ap gap is a little less than 2x here
Keep in mind that the Glider is also incredibly durable as well. It was able to endure having Pumpkin Bombs exploding inside of it and remain functional for a little while before going out of the air. I doubt that one of the shield throws would be enough to destroy it, and even if Captain America knocked Green Goblin out of the air, he could easily just control the glider and have it attack Captain America while getting the chance to get back on the glider, better prepared for another shield throw.
The main reason I think Cap wins here is that he's so much more skilled here and has the means to force the fight into CQC which he'd outright dominate in, even if he's physically weaker he's still gonna massively outskill, have a LS advantage, and has the shield for extra melee damage.
That's a fair point, but I still think that Green Goblin's CQC skills aren't too shabby, and he also has his knives and trident like the ones he used during his fight with both Spider-Men.

Goblin does have trickery up his sleeve, but I think if he reverted to Norman and then swapped back like in the end of Spider-Man 1 he'd notice that his voice changed again, his enhanced senses should be good enough to notice that he may be getting tricked.
That's a point I hadn't considered, but I realize totally gives Goblin an advantage in his favor. I think you're overestimating Captain America's enhanced senses: they are nothing compared to Spider-Man's enhanced senses and his Spider Sense, and Raimi-verse Spider-Man didn't catch Green Goblin's change in voice, only sensing the glider was about to impale him thanks to his Spider Sense. Knowing Captain America, he'd likely give Green Goblin the benefit of the doubt and show him mercy, which would allow Green Goblin to land a fatal blow or potentially stab him with the glider like he tried to do with Spider-Man, and I don't think Captain America would be able to react in-time to go unscathed, and even if he blocked it with his shield, it would give Green Goblin an opening to attack.

Green Goblin was still able to contend with a pissed off MCU Spidey even though he was getting his ass kicked, he should be able to hang in there with Cap just a bit before he forces himself to retreat to his Glider.

Also, Glider Blade one shots or at least injures him significantly, the blade managed to slice through one of Doc Ock's mechanical arms clean like butter and these arms were dicking both Raimi Spidey and Iron Spidey in their respective fights.

Last edited:
Green Goblin was still able to contend with a pissed off MCU Spidey even though he was getting his ass kicked, he should be able to hang in there with Cap just a bit before he forces himself to retreat to his Glider.

Also, Glider Blade one shots or at least injures him significantly, the blade managed to slice through one of Doc Ock's mechanical arms clean like butter and these arms were dicking both Raimi Spidey and Iron Spidey in their respective fights.
Yeah those blades are crazy.

Also, remember that even in Civil War, Peter was able to hold back Winter Soldier's Bionic Arm, while Captain America was helpless against it, showing that MCU Peter was also holding back, and Green Goblin was able to hold his own against a more experienced and stronger version of this Peter.

Also, remember that even in Civil War, Peter was able to hold back Winter Soldier's Bionic Arm, while Captain America was helpless against it, showing that MCU Peter was also holding back, and Green Goblin was able to hold his own against a more experienced and stronger version of this Peter.
The Winter Solder was also likely holding back.

Doesn't the bionic arm use like different levels of force at times? Sometimes its just a regular arm and then theres a visual sound that its applying more force. We didn't hear this when Peter grabbed the arm

Green Goblin got stomped by a pissed MCU Spidey, and Cap's not just gonna be using his hands he's gonna be beating him with a shield at the same time like he did to Iron Man.

Also literally the whole Doc Ock stomped both Spidey's argument is so bad idk why that's accepted, in Spider Man 2 Tobey had a mental block and he still held his own extremely well even with the arms, he couldn't grapple with them very well but he held his own. In both versions the main reason they started losing was because Doc Ock started using people as hostages or projectles, they were basically saving people the whole fight.

Green Goblin got stomped by a pissed MCU Spidey, and Cap's not just gonna be using his hands he's gonna be beating him with a shield at the same time like he did to Iron Man
Its not like Captain America fought a MCU Spider Man that was fully bloodlusted and has complete control over his Spidey Sense :/
But Green Goblin did and he actually held in there a bit with Spidey before he got murderstomped.

Cap beating Goblin's ass with his shield implies he actually got his ass down from his glider in the first place which I doubt with his limited arsenal of ranged weapons compared to Goblin who can shoot Cap with a shitton of bullets and missles in combination with his homing Razor Blades that even Tobey's Spidey was annoyed by them, the guy that has senses that is near precognition was annoyed by these razor blades, im sure Captain America will have trouble deflecting these things.

If they were to come in CQC, Goblin won't be a literal fodder at all since he was contending a bit and landed a hit onto Angry Spidey, plus he can always retreat back to his glider if needed.
Also literally the whole Doc Ock stomped both Spidey's argument is so bad idk why that's accepted, in Spider Man 2 Tobey had a mental block and he still held his own extremely well even with the arms, he couldn't grapple with them very well but he held his own. In both versions the main reason they started losing was because Doc Ock started using people as hostages or projectles, they were basically saving people the whole fight.
What? Doc Ock was literally the dominant fighter in SM2, he was literally swiping down and ragdolling Spidey in the train and in the abandoned area fight; all those moments takes place right after Peter got his shit together.

Doc Ock still ****** up Iron Spider, the guy couldn't escape the grip of Doc Ock's arms that easily and was ragdolling him around. It doesn't matter if "MCU Spider Man was distracted" the fact still remains at the end of the fight he had the AP to hit Spidey so hard he ripped off the nanomachines off MCU Spidey clean and broke his ribs if i recall.

Its literally laughable comparing Cap and Goblin's equipment
He can literally overwhelm with Goblin Bombs, bullets, missiles, homing razor blades against a single shield. If he were to go CQC, he has decent skill while having his arm blades and trident.

Last edited:
Okay, my vote goes to Captain America. I don't see much beyond Captain deciding to launch his shield to destroy the Green Goblin's glider or hit the Goblin himself.

Cap can still defend from Goblin's paraphernalia with his shield, and is much more experienced and skilled since he is above experienced military and guardsmen who have fought in wars.

Okay, my vote goes to Captain America. I don't see much beyond Captain deciding to launch his shield to destroy the Green Goblin's glider or hit the Goblin himself.

Cap can still defend from Goblin's paraphernalia with his shield, and is much more experienced and skilled since he is above experienced military and guardsmen who have fought in wars.
Refer to Baken's argument here.

Its not like Captain America fought a MCU Spider Man that was fully bloodlusted and has complete control over his Spidey Sense :/
But Green Goblin and he actually held in there a bit with Spidey before he got murderstomped

Cap beating Goblin's ass with his shield implies he actually got his ass down from his glider in the first place which I doubt with his limited arsenal of ranged weapons compared to Goblin who can shoot Cap with a shitton of bullets and missles in combination with his homing Razor Blades that even Tobey's Spidey was annoyed by them, the guy that has senses that is near precognition was annoyed by these razor blades, im sure Captain America will have trouble deflecting these things.

If they were to come in CQC, Goblin won't be a literal fodder at all since he was contending a bit and landed a hit onto Angry Spidey, plus he can always retreat back to his glider if needed.

Its literally laughable comparing Cap and Goblin's equipment
He can literally overwhelm with Goblin Bombs, bullets, missiles, homing razor blades against a single shield. If he were to go CQC, he has decent skill while having his arm blades and trident.

Back