• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody Discussion Thread

Continent statement. Yeah its legit 'tairiku'. Rejoice, for in the future, there's possibility of this verse getting 6-B~A.

Now Yen Press, do your job!
Garp said:
Garp The Big Mallet.

A man who forbids all magic even though he is a "demon" and fights with his own strength. His powerful arm is unbreakable, and the power of the shaking hammer is so great that it divides the continent into two.
tairiku o futatsu ni waru hodo no susamajisa o hokoru.
He along with Lucius are subordinates of Luminous (an Outer One). And they considered Lizer Bellphoenix to be insurmountable, for a time. So Lizer scales to them.

And Outer Ones are .... actually real life humans? But then, what kind of modern parents name their kids 'Mephisto Yuu Phegor'? lmao
128 said:
"It will be a little long, but yeah, let's start by revealing my identity."

Luminous sipped a sip of tea, moistened his tongue, and then began to speak.

"《Outside Those Outer One, As the name implies, we are originally nothing to do with this world. All of them are visitors from different worlds ... The reality is that they are similar to the humans in this world. "

Therefore, we are not a god, a Creator, or anything like that, Luminous said.

"In this world, everyone reigns as a ruler ......... In the world where I used to live, most of them lived in a completely different way. I am no exception."

And she talked about her upbringing.

"The name of my hometown is South German. Originally called the Germanic Empire along with that of the north, it was a long time ago when I was born."

Luminous says, squinting his red eyes to look back on the past.

He said that his hometown was like the hell of the world.

"Originally a nation, it seems that it was known as one of the most developed nations in the world ... It's a truly stupid country that has repeated blood-washing conflicts since it broke up into the north and the south."

Of the warriors Paradise Valhalla.. It is one of the fantasies (,,) that has been handed down from generation to generation in her clan.

It is a place where those who have reached the end of their lives as warriors will reach after death.

"On the spot, I reunited with those who separated and enjoyed the struggle that followed eternity. That was my desire and hope."
No wonder novels sometimes emphasizes their status as <Outer One>. Because they are merely that, existences outside Ard's world. Nothing more nothing less.

So, the reason Outer Gods dislike humans, favoring them over demons could be that they were originally from war torn periods in history? Would make sense, they would have seen humanity at its worst.
Umm well, actually its pointed out that not all Evil Gods are like that.

Alvarto even says that 'Luminous should not even be called as 'Evil God'' as she is anything but evil. She is loved by her citizens.

Though, as you pointed out, many of Evil Gods may have some resentment towards humans so some of them might be jerks.

Do demon lords look more and more like a bride the more they power up? Yes, it seems so.

Form IV, and the 2nd most girlish appearance of Ard to date...
Ard wears a costume similar to a pure white dress. A delicate body that is mutated as if it were another person

It is called a goddess by everyone and looks like a goddess.
I thought 'pure white dress' is mistranslation. But no, it's legit 'dress'. 'Goddess' puts nail in the coffin.

It seems Ard is trying so hard to emulate Rimuru, lmao.
"Lydia! Phase: Activate IV (Final)!"

Even those who seek death have no choice but to shake. Such an absolute manifestation of power.

The beginning was quiet.

While powder snow is pouring down. A dark aura that envelops around me-soon it turns into pure white.

It covers me and dyes everything white.
It dyes everything white. Even Alvarto's black flame of destruction.

... Idk, it seems like he's stealing role of a heroine. But it might be just me.

'Goddess-mode Ard' (pffft!) just utter one word and Alvarto's whole being and army fall apart.
"... Destroy"

This is not a chant. It's just a word.

However.

Even such ordinary words.

If I release the hero final form, it would have a tremendous impact on the world.

The sight in front of me proved it.

be quiet. Too quiet.

The warriors who make up the army, fluttering, fluttering, fluttering, fall to the snow surface.

No one can move even one finger.

Arvato couldn't do anything. The mythological sword also couldn't react at all.

Countless warriors Corpse Kabane While exposing, I stand and he kneels. That's it.

Only those results remained.

Something inexpressible beyond unreasonableness. That is the final form of hero.

The existence that can counter this power is probably that of a devil (,,,,).

Even the strongest of the Demon King army with the ultimate sword is not even close to his feet.
For context, Alvarto has the Dilga-Zelvadis Holy Sword. Has '5 transcendences/authorities' features. It's third authority is something called 'Banri Kaibyaku'.
Banri Kaibyaku said:
It is a cheat among cheats. It was an absurd power to create everything the user or the sword itself wanted.
Alvarto used to to recreate the army that fought in ancient era.

That's just 1 authority. Man, this Holy Sword is freaking OP.

Speaking of weapon, we have Ard and Mephisto instantly creating causality manipulating weapons.

Behold, nasuverse's Fragarach copies! ... or smth :
154 said:
A dark-colored blade suddenly appeared and attacked from all directions.

My different ability fully grasped its power.

Unable to be defended against. Cannot be offset. Inevitable. This is a magic created by a limited operation of causality, and the victory is confirmed at the same time as it is activated.

Analysis and control. I'm not the only one with this talent.

Mephisto's possession also included my power (,,).

Therefore, all the white blades that rushed out disappeared just before they started to move.

"You stood on the same stage as me. That's why magical warfare is nothing but waste of time."

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but in this calculation for Olivia's "100 million slashes," the "average arm length" used is 46 cm based on this website.

2 Things here:

One, this website only takes into account "forearm length," not full arm length, which I'm pretty sure is what should be used here.

Two, this website seems quite unreliable. I mean, on the same page it says the average foot is 12 inches long. This is not correct.

A more reliable way to get her arm length would be to use her wingspan (Which should equal her height), subtract the average width from shoulder to shoulder of a female (36.7cm), and then divide it by two. This will give you the length of the arm from shoulder to fingertips.

Also shouldn't there be a "possibly" for the "or 1 trillion" part of the feat?It is part of the same statement.

Last edited:
Sounds like when adjusted those results will put the calc dangerously close if not over light speed.

The trillion part of the feat is an outlier, Base Ard is comparable to Olivia who performed this feat, however in his 2nd form, which is obviously above this, he has to accelerate himself to lightspeed, which wouldn't make sense since by this he would already be MFTL+.

But by the sounds of this, this whole feat will probably have to be scrapped, Olivia does have other feats of like doing thousands of slashes, or millions, can't remember which off the top of my head.

Sounds like when adjusted those results will put the calc dangerously close if not over light speed.

The trillion part of the feat is an outlier, Base Ard is comparable to Olivia who performed this feat, however in his 2nd form, which is obviously above this, he has to accelerate himself to lightspeed, which wouldn't make sense since by this he would already be MFTL+.

But by the sounds of this, this whole feat will probably have to be scrapped, Olivia does have other feats of like doing thousands of slashes, or millions, can't remember which off the top of my head.

If the trillion part is an outlier the entire statement is an outlier. Neither the 100 million or 1 trillion ends are more legitimate than the other because they are part of the same statement. And it doesnt give a range, it just straight up says "100 mil or 1 trillion" (Which is a bit weird to me. Is this an official translation?)

As for the "accelerating to the speed of light" statement, is this movement speed or attack speed? It is possible to have slower movement speed than attack speed. He could possibly be "FTL with (Insert whatever this feat would be) attack speed"

Last edited:
It's official translation, idk if a fan translation of the LN even exists.

The relativistic end also matches up with multiple description of Ard's speed being near lightspeed (albeit they all refer to his 2nd form)

“What is that…?!”

“I-is this real life…?!”

“To think we’d be fighting against that thing…!”

The ancient legends were being reenacted in front of them, in this very world.

Under a darkened sky, two combatants in black and white clashed violently against each other. Just as the demons thought a flash of red sliced through the air, a blue undulation would fill the sky—back and forth, colors streaked through space without end. In the midst of these bursts of red and blue, there were flares of black and white that zigzagged through the sky.

The demons had no idea what the two were doing out there.

This entire battle was beyond their understanding, even though they were known as the scourge of society.

But they were certain about one thing: They were puny compared to the two figures in the sky. It was the one thing of which everyone was painfully aware.

The demons noticed that they’d fallen to their knees, clasping their hands.

“Ah…! Ah…!”

“Please forgive us…! Oh, please…!”

They begged through rattling teeth and full-body convulsions. Their hearts had been seized by absolute awe and terror. This was how anyone would react in the face of near-omnipotent beings and an incomprehensible situation.

The demons shed themselves of all other thought as they focused on offering their prayers, no longer strapped to a sense of duty or loyalty toward their master.

Their hearts had been completely pulverized by the sight of these two monsters and the pure terror they’d inflicted on each and every one of them.

Next to the demons panicking to raise their prayers in despair was Ireena, the elf, who was trembling uncontrollably. The shock waves of the monstrous blows from up above washed over her as she mumbled to herself.

“This is what it looks like for Ard to go all out…!”

Calling him phenomenal or irregular wasn’t nearly enough: He was moving at a speed almost as fast as light. Any one of his attacks could level an entire city in one critical hit.
.-Volume 1, Chapter 20

“Lydia. Phase II, Ready.” UNDERSTOOD. SWITCHING TO STAGE II OF FULL-BODY TRANSFORMATION. ACTIVATING BRAVE DEMON. As she responded, a dark aura settled over my entire body. …It seemed my enemy had arrived at the same conclusion. Just as I completed my own transformation, he had switched to Stage II. Pure-white hair. An outfit as black as night. He looked exactly like me. Well, except Rogue’s armor had as sustained as many cuts as his sword and looked worse for wear. “Now I’ll…!” “Take this!” The previous fight couldn’t even compare. The ringing of our blades echoed loud enough to burst eardrums, and a giant hole gaped in the land we stood on. With supersonic dynamism and approaching the speed of light, we raced across the ground, carving battle scars across the whole of the Ruined Earth.-Volume 3, Chapter 55

Actually scratch that even his base has these statements

We managed to see through and avoid each ruse. It was apparent our enemy was determined to hold us back, but that just wasn’t going to happen. I had finished analyzing almost everything. In mere minutes, I’d be able to nullify the spell.

As if waiting for this opportunity, the space around us suddenly shifted. Something in me tingled, and I instinctively cast a defensive spell. A three-layered Mega Wall. A semitransparent orb covered the two of us.

Lightning came whizzing at us from all directions. A cluster of purple flashes traveling at the speed of light tore toward us as thunder clapped. The bolts split like veins on a leaf, collided with my magic barrier, and faded into nothingness. However…

One of the three layers making up my Mega Wall were destroyed.-Volume 6, Chapter 72

As for the light speed stuff, it's movement speed

I raced through the darkness with Elzard.

ELEVATED HEAT DETECTED FROM THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIDES.

ANTICIPATE DIRECT IMPACT IN 3 SECONDS ON CURRENT TRAJECTORY.

“Construct a magical formula to accelerate. Plan for a counterattack after our escape,” I ordered.

YES, MY LORD.

LOADING TECHNIQUE FOR ACCELERATION. PLEASE STAND BY…

CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE. ACCELERATING.

I could feel an immense force being pressed on my entire body a moment later, pushing me forward at the speed of light.

Three seconds passed before two rays seemed to collide behind me, assailing me with a heat wave—super far from hitting its target, me. As I experienced the scorching blaze surrounding my whole body, I constructed another technique together with Lydia.

“Lydia. Code Alpha. Ready.”

UNDERSTOOD.

LOADING EXECUTIONER RAY. PLEASE STAND BY…

COMPLETE. READY TO FIRE.

As soon as my magical energy combusted, it manifested a bunch of magic circles before me—666, to be exact.-Volume 1, Chapter 20

I'd propose we not to change any speed rating because most likely in the future, the current one will turn out to be correct anyway.

Here is Irina slashing Mephisto up to billion (100 mill? Well whatever) times.
WN 153 said:
Source : https://ncode.syosetu.com/n3654ee/153/
Translated by : Bing

Flashes.

As if to clear the mind of the sister who fell behind her.

Slash and slash and slash the enemies who destroyed her clan.

And when the flash of the black sword counted a billion.

Mephisto disappeared from this world without even a single cell remaining.

"Wow...! I've already done it...!"

A voice full of astonishment and admiration. Irina glared at him, but I scolded her.

"Stay tuned, the enemy is not the third to end with this."

Yes, he is Mephisto = You = Phegor.

He is a monster who has turned everything in the world against him, but has persevered through to the end.

"Physically erasing doesn't even buy time."
Explicitly said 'when the flash counted a billion', 'Mephisto disappear without single cell remaining'.

I think this means author intend for bazillion of slash to be enough to eradicate Mephisto down to last cell.

Timeframe? You can argue this happens for loooong time but then it doesn't make sense. I got the impression the timeframe of Irina slashing and Ard admonishing her is short.

I mean, would Ard really just sit there leaving Mephisto for hours to be slashed away by Irina? When he knows that Mephisto can pretty much do something unexpected like... oh, Idk, stomp over everyone? (Yeah, Mephisto is really that strong)

Lots of things to consider here, for one the Irina who performed this, is this after a timeskip or a training arc? And even if no, we run into like multiple near light speed stuff vs these multiple million/billion/trillion slashing feats, feats>statements so we would go with the latter.

Speaking of speed though, relooking at stuff i don't think Ard's transformations from 1 to 3 vary in speed, we never get any statements of him being faster, just stronger, and then we have stuff like Lizer, who Base Ard could tussle with, being able to react to 3rd From Ard's attacks.

And another thing, Ard needs another key, i am thinking his keys should be "Phase 1", "Phase 2", "Phase 2 Full Body Transformation" and "Phase 3". It's Phase 2 which has the one shot city statements, after that happened is when he went full body transformation vs Elzard. And he also has multiple fights in just Phase 2, like with Lizer.

Where can I read this novel? Or is the anime worth watching?

Sent you the link, and as for the anime, it's subpar.

Lackluster animation, skipping content etc, latest episode felt very disjointed cause they skipped stuff.

Lots of things to consider here, for one the Irina who performed this, is this after a timeskip or a training arc?
Its after she become 'Evil God' and wielding Vald Galgulus. I think its most likely after timeskip (lifewipe), but I am not sure..
And even if no, we run into like multiple near light speed stuff vs these multiple million/billion/trillion slashing feats, feats>statements so we would go with the latter.
Both are feats tho?
And another thing, Ard needs another key, i am thinking his keys should be "Phase 1", "Phase 2", "Phase 2 Full Body Transformation" and "Phase 3". It's Phase 2 which has the one shot city statements, after that happened is when he went full body transformation vs Elzard. And he also has multiple fights in just Phase 2, like with Lizer.
That's true. Other thing I remember is Phase II having added brain power.

While Phase IV (untranslated) is just pure reiatsu crush.

So yeah, no speed increase, probably.

From Volume 6.5, there's statement of Ard being able to change foundation of the world : 'karma'. (Same chapter of outlier feat of Ard changing 'alignment of stars')

But I think the translation doesn't make sense. Wtf even is 'karma'.

And I just realized that 'Inga' (Japanese) can both mean 'Karma' and 'Cause and effect'.

'Change foundation of the world : Cause and Effect' makes more sense to me.

But hey, I am not translator. And I find it hard to believe official translator can make such elementary mistake.

So, if anybody can access the raw for Volume 6.5 Side Stories, that will help. Just need to confirm what character the 'Karma' supposed to be. Because side stories don't appear on ncode.syosetu.

Speaking of causality, there is one more feat regarding it. Done by Elzard's mother to seal off Ard's Original magic.

Described as 'interfere with space, rewrite cause and effect to impose one's own rule to the enemy'.

There's one weird feat. One of Devil Armaments is called 'Spear of Deceiving Time', it can : deviates from world's law of time and move itself to superfast time axis. It is not 'mere speedup', but fluctuation in time axis itself.
To the point Ard can get blitzed by this thing.
It seems this thing has 'I am always faster than you' hax?

Anyway, in all, considering there are causality and time axis manipulation, I think it make more sense for Ard statement in Volume 6.5 to meant that he can change cause and effect (which is foundation of the world)...

... Which is true. Lol. He showcased it in his fight with Mephisto on WN Chapter 154.

I gotta say Ard's voice doesn't fit well to what he looks like
Rogue's voice sounds off, yeah.

After hearing him so much with current voice actor, I find it difficult to hear him with different one. Namely : Ohsaka Ryota who voiced him in Drama CD (2 years ago I think).

Right now Ard has 3 voice actors.

Back