• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Grass Sword, Orgalorg and The Primordial Monster Hunson Abadeer - Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introductio

Well, I was thinking about making this revision thread for a while, but I either wasn't available on wikia or I was simply to lazy to actually make it, nevertheless today I would evaluate a few things from Adventure Time, that being The Grass Sword profile, scaling from Orgalorg as well as The Primordial Monster form of Hunson Abadeer. So without further ado

The Grass Sword / Fern The Human
Easily the only profile that really bugs me whenever I take a look on it, Grass Sword's profile that is. I don't know if no one noticed how out dated it is, furthermore I am actually pretty sure that no one remembers it exists, lol.

Anyway, let's see what the profile itelf tells us

Attack Potency: At least City level, likely Island level (Can cut nearly anything without much effort at all. Tore a giant grass monster with ease. Matched the Finn Sword during during the battles against Bandit Princess), At least Moon level, likely Planet level (Cut through Orgalorg, the breaker of worlds and even cut off The Lich's arm)
~ Ze profile​
Now as you can see, there are several things wrong about the profile:

• first of all, the profile utilises the heavily outdated scaling from the show, it scales the Grass Sword to "At least City level, likely Island level" based off of the fact that it cut to pieces the Grass Monster (I suppose that's because The Grass Monster should be superior to Finn, i.e size advantage and all that) and the fact that it matched The Finn sword in combat while it was held by Bandit Princess, however this doesn't follow our current scaling in any way, as the Bandit Princess herself is already "At least Moon level, likely Large Planet level" and not within tier 7-6 like the Grass Sword profile would propose.
  • second of all, pretty much the same situation like with the Bandit Princess profile, i.e the consistency problem. It puts the Grass Sword at "At least Moon level, likely Planet level" because of it been used by Finn to cut Orgalorg to pieces durning the Comet Arc, and that brings us to the next part of this revision
Orgalorg Scaling
Now that's something I wanted to talk about for the longest time, I already discussed it with another knowledgeable member, that's being Hykuu.

As most of you probably know, Orgalorg's desire was to intercept the Catalyst Comet and absorb its essence, as he was seeking for more power, however by attempting it he offended the King of Mars which resulted in him sending Grob Gob Glob Grod to banish Orgalorg. After all the Gaunter shenanigans he actually managed to get hold of the Catalyst Comet, which leads me to my overall premise

• We scale the Grass Sword (for example) to Orgalorg because he [Finn] managed to cut him to pieces, however if you watch the clip (0:39) you will notice how at the time Orgalorg was already absorbing the Catalyst Comet's essence, this is pretty evident based of off the fact that we see its firey-like aura fading away the moment Orgalorg inserted his tentacles, and THEN at 1:00 after he absorbed a noticeable amount of energy from it, Finn proceeds to cut Orgalorg to pieces, which leads me to a conclusion that Finn (and The Grass Sword) should scale to a stronger Orgalorg who at the time was already possessing a degree of Catalyst Comet's power.
  • From what I remember Catalyst Comet's profile was deleted from this wiki, unbeknownst for me why. However from what I could find on our wiki, Marti received Low 2-C rating because of Catalyst Comet granting Martin a new mode of existence, and supposedly merging him with the Universe.
So to conclude:

• Finn, Grass Sword / Fern and everyone else who scales to these two should probably receive "At least Moon level, likely Planet level, possibly far higher" rating scaling off the stronger Orgalorg who at the time the feat was performed was already absorbing Catalyst Comet's essence
  • Orgalorg should probably receive a Low 2-C key for that very reason (Which I believe should be discussed first) or at least a "possibly far higher"
Note: Darkanine, me and several other users have been discussing the possibility of Tier 2 Adventure Time profiles for quite a while (frankly I wasn't part of the discussion for months), so the Low 2-C tiering may be less outrageous once the revisions are through.

The Primordial Monster Hunson Abadeer
Recently while reading the Adventure Time encyclopedia, I found a few statements regarding Hunson's origin and how he came to be, which could soldify his statistics (I have a bit of scans for Hunson, however most of them were already applied to his profile, other than the "Source of All Evil" statement, but that's subject for another time.

https://imgur.com/a/Qk7N7Qh

^Now these two following scans tells us that Hunson doesn't really know his origin, or how he came to be, instead he tells us his only memory from that time being, and I quote

This memory consists of one image: me eating a ham sandwich, perched atop Rock Candy Mountain, overlooking the Sea of Nothingness, long before Plants, Animals, and Actual Things came into existence in the Land of Ooo, surrounded by an all-encompassing Night of Nothingness
~ Hunson Abadeer (The Adventure Time Encyclopedia)​
  • If you read the quote you will notice the usage of words Hunson decided to use, for one he constantly mentions how at the time there was nothing, by using the noun "nothingness", which he enhances by using terms like "the Sea of Nothingness" (which we all can agree quite literally means complete nothingness)
  • for two Hunson describes the surroundings as "an all-encompassing Night of Nothingness" which uses the term "all-encompassing" which by definition means that the Nothingness was encompassing everything around him
^This should mean that Hunson literally existed in complete nothingness, which meets the definition of Primordial Monsters which was gave to us by The Lich (in Gold Stars)

Now the only dubious thing about it is whether or not we should refer to Hunson as a Primordial Monster, we know he predates creation and that he came to be in complete nothingness, however the Lich or Orgalorg (and other Primordial Monsters for that matter) also predate the nothingness before creation.

Summary
and finally to wrap all this up, the conclusion.

• Grass Sword should receive the current scaling
  • Grass Sword, Finn and everyone in the same range of power should scale to a stronger Orgalorg who already possessed a degree of Catalyst Comet's power
  • Hunson was born in complete nothingness described as "all-encompassing"
And that's it I guess.

Tbf some Adventure Time profiles are extremely outdated, I even changed some of them myself namely Joshua.

I'm also good friends with the people you mentioned and know about this as well. I think most of this is solid and I don't have a real issue with it but i'd Like more input about this.

I don't wanna clutter this thread with to many topics. But Finns season 1 speed is also outdated Darkanine and I agree he should scale to Ice Kings MHS+ feat since there's no real indication he got massively faster between seasons.

And he has a MHS calc for What is Life and even lesser hero's reacted to lighting in The Enchiridion.

Js250476 said:
I don't wanna clutter this thread with to many topics. But Finns season 1 speed is also outdated Darkanine and I agree he should scale to Ice Kings MHS+ feat since there's no real indication he got massively faster between seasons.
And he has a MHS calc for What is Life and even lesser hero's reacted to lighting in The Enchiridion.
I'm aware, since I made those, lol (tbh that sounded douchebagy)

I agree with everything in the OP and the speed upgrade.

Thanks for making this, tbh I completely forgot how we were scaling the cast to Low 2-C feats, just that we were.

Hykuu said:
admits are the ppl who are above ant and pull the strings from the shadows
I guess the CRT was accepted a while. Ironically, the comments might have stop the edit from happenning day sooner! I guess these proposal can be added now.

This is already the thread for the upgrade and we just need more staffs for evaluation

I was going to work on a thread regarding all the 2-A stuff but apparently dark was going to make it, is he still going to?

He did say he was planning on it since when AT ended he suffered from food poisoning. You could ask about it if you want.

Who is the best person to talk to regarding the issue of some circular reasoning I've noticed on Adventure Time profiles?

Darkanine is our main AT supporter and he initially made most of the AT profiles and reasoning they have.

So you can talk with him if you want.

Since Darkanine and the other people here seem to agree with this, it should probably be fine to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back