• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Golden Sun, Limitless Power, and Squeezing the Last Bit of Lore From this Franchise

XitSign

He/Him
I'll be the first one to admit it, Golden Sun seems like it's pretty much tapped for feats, statements, and lore. With the franchise being in purgatory and almost every little thing being ripped from these games to make complete profiles, I think we're just about done with the Adepts, ratings-wise.

But I wanted to talk about one last thing before I think we can pretty much close the book on this franchise and leave their ratings to rest: "How powerful IS the Golden Sun, and can we use that for one last update?"

Firstly, our own page on it cites that it allegedly gives 'All the Power in the Universe', however I don't know what that actually would be, if it can be quantified at all. I've seen people try to use these kinds of statements before for universal power, but they're shot down that a universe has less energy than 'Universe level'. Do we have a general rule for those types of statements? And would it be usable here?

Secondly, we have this exchange between Alex and the Wise One.

Wise One: "You wish to have limitless power?"

Alex: "Wish to? I just got it!"

Wise One: "No, your power is nearly limitless, but it has boundaries."

(If you continue watching, you also get a great scene of The Wise One one-shotting Alex and then mocking him and leaving him for dead which is SUPER cathartic, implies a great amount of power for The Wise One, but doesn't mean much for the rest of this)

Alex probably isn't a reliable source, but the Wise One is a lot more reliable when it comes to the power of Alchemy. He acts like a God to the people and is a direct guardian of the power of Alchemy and the Golden Sun, and is powerful and knowledgeable enough to even manipulate it to set a trap for Alex, with implications that the Golden Sun is limitless and Alex having all of it is something he can't deal with, thus he needed to pull the trap in the first place.

So my question is, is this enough evidence that the Golden Sun in all it's power is High 3-A? If so, what does this mean for having factions of it? Is it even possible to get a number or ballpark for how powerful it would be to have 3/4ths of it like Alex does or the 1/4th the Warriors Of Vale have?

The series is pretty tapped, but the Golden Sun is the source of the last few Unknowns in the verse. Can we fix that? Or is there just not enough and we're forced to close the book on this franchise until we POSSIBLY get a new installment? It's one of my favorite verses and I'd like to see if it can't be totally cleaned up and put a ribbon on it.

We generally consider "Limitless Power" statements to be NLF. It can apply for infinite stamina; and the Golden Sun was stated to be the source of all alchemy. Which everything in the universe was stated to be alchemy or Psynergy. I'm unsure, but I do think 3-A is within the realm of possibility.

And actually, I did have other misc upgrades planned actually; forgot that Iris' feat was also an interstellar range feat.

I just wanted to start up a discussion about this again, just because there honestly felt like there wasn't much else to pick apart with this verse anymore, and thought the statement 'near limitless' was an interesting response from the Wise One. Wanted it to at least get looked over and debated a bit.

Other misc upgrades? I'm genuinely curious, I'll be sure to keep an eye out then.

I do agree that it was preferable to have more input, it's just there doesn't appear to be much support for the verse. And yes, the range upgrades given Iris flew at interstellar distances and pulls enemies from that far away.

It's unfortunate, but them's the breaks for Niche verses. I just scrolled through a lot of the discussion and didn't find much talking about what the Golden Sun could really be, and with little hope for the franchise I wanted to see what we could do. I strangely remember 'limitless power' being used as evidence for Three Dimensional power, but if it's NLF we might need to just work with how widespread the power of Psynergy and Alchemy are...oh well, either we get something or we don't.

Oh I understood that, Iris is clearly Intersellar, I just meant I was curious about the other 'misc' updates you might have been planning. Resistances might need touched up, possibly? The characters resist the elements of Psynergy, but they don't have all the attacks Psynergy covers in their resistances. For example they get Light Manip but don't resist it...which I don't think makes much sense.

Yeah, some of the in depth statements regarding the Golden Sun are rather vague; which is why it is currently rated as Unknow; but of course it's by far the most powerful thing in the verse. As well as the source of all Psynergy; so it should inherently have nearly every ability shown in the verse given that nature.

I'm not sure what's here to be done. We obviously take "Limitless power" with a grain of salt around here, but there is definitely something to look into regarding the Golden Sun's lore, but haven't seen many good scans on this thread.

Sorry, I haven't had the time to search for scans about how much power the Golden Sun is supposed to have, and in what way is it 'limitless', I've been so busy with other projects unfortunately.

Also this is kinda low priority, because even finding out how powerful the complete Golden Sun is will still probably be 'Unknown' for fractions of it's power for the characters. We'd mostly only upgrade the artifact itself and unlikely scale anyone to it.

It's a thing I'll get back to...eventually.

With the forum move and all, that's fine.

Jus tdon't forget to save somewhere the content of this thread as I'm sure you'll have to use it later after the forum move.

Sadly I don't think there's much to save yet, we mostly just talked about things we remembered and the end credits, but without more scans they're kinda useless...At best they KINDA imply the Golden Sun is some sort of universal artifact.

We need more, this will need revisted with more attention...eventually.

Back