• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Godzilla In Hell Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't regen tho, he possessed the Hellbats and had them fill his body instead

Which are the accepted updates?
This, I think:
After a private discussion with the OP, I have to disagree heavily with the proposition of a downgrade.

The OP has conflicting views on the events of the comic and claims that Issue 3 takes place on Earth and not another layer of Hell. Given the context I disagree, but arguments supporting OP's claim can be made if anyone feels they are legitimate.

Hellbats scaling I'm fine with.
As an aside, Godzilla should get type 5. Godzilla is already dead and Issue 4 just proves he can't be killed as the three monsters perpetually kill each other over and over again just to rez and keep on fighting.
Yeah I can agree with martial arts and stealth mastery being removed

Hey...so I was checking out the Godzilla in Hell page and I think that there's (still?) some stuff that really needs to be added and/or changed. First, the "Godzilla survived the beam clash" bit is still there. While it is possible this is what happened, given we see the planet blown up and then SG and G are in the afterlife, meaning that they technically could have been transported there (SG being encased in ice/crystal might even support this, as he could have been "found" that way)...but I think it's much safer to assume that they died. And to Apex, I'm pretty sure the "can't kill Godzilla" thing is more about ending his story; Godzilla can die, as long as he comes back from it, like in Rage Across Time fighting Zeus. As for Ghidorah, it states that he's the reason Godzilla is in Hell, not necessarily the cause. The planet was clearly destroyed by G and SG, and unless there's some confirmation that that specifically didn't kill them, I think it's safe to assume. Ghidorah is referred to as a "devil" and it would make sense that Godzilla was brought there to deal with him, given that God tried to recruit Godzilla to fight on its behalf.

Second, either the Gate Guardian (the god part...in a minute) or the entire location of Hell should have temporal manipulation and/or acausality of some stripe, given that Godzilla is able to return to the living universe on what is heavily implied to be Earth before it was destroyed (or maybe even a second creation/reality reset that created a new earth).

The being guarding the Gate at the end really shouldn't be referred to as God, at least not with the actual God appearing earlier in the comic. The "mountain" God is very clearly a representation (perhaps even "kaiju-fication") of the Abrahamic God, as shown by its attending angels, ability to grant power to fight against evil (see: the angels empowering Godzilla with holy energy that instantly reflects Spacegodzilla's beam and kills him), and dwelling in a light-filled realm separate from Hell. That Godzilla is able to damage this God at all, let alone so much that it basically and the angels still in Godzilla's presence, along with the remaining demons, start to see him as being worthy of worship and standing against both God and Hell/Evil.

I can make a new thread if that would be more appropriate, but this one wasn't that old, so...yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back