• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla in Hell Revisions (mark II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I was checking out the Godzilla in Hell page and I think that there's some stuff that really needs to be added and/or changed. There is an older thread here where some of the stuff I noticed was previously discussed, but I don't know that all of the discussed changes were verified and made, so forgive me if I relist anything that has already been addressed.. First, the "Godzilla survived the beam clash" bit is still there. While it is possible this is what happened, given we see the planet blown up and then SG and G are in the afterlife, meaning that they technically could have been transported there (SG being encased in ice/crystal might even support this, as he could have been "found" that way)...but I think it's much safer to assume that they died. And to Apex, I'm pretty sure the "can't kill Godzilla" thing is more about ending his story; Godzilla can die, as long as he comes back from it, like in Rage Across Time fighting Zeus. As for Ghidorah, it states that he's the reason Godzilla is in Hell, not necessarily the cause. The planet was clearly destroyed by G and SG, and unless there's some confirmation that that specifically didn't kill them, I think it's safe to assume. Ghidorah is referred to as a "devil" and it would make sense that Godzilla was brought there to deal with him, given that God tried to recruit Godzilla to fight on its behalf.

Second, either the Gate Guardian (the god part...in a minute) or the entire location of Hell should have temporal manipulation and/or acausality of some stripe, given that Godzilla is able to return to the living universe on what is heavily implied to be Earth before it was destroyed (or maybe even a second creation/reality reset that created a new earth).

The being guarding the Gate at the end really shouldn't be referred to as (a) God, at least not with the actual God appearing earlier in the comic. The "mountain" God is very clearly a representation of (perhaps even "kaiju-fied") or analog to the Abrahamic God, as shown by its attending angels, ability to grant power to fight against evil (see: the angels empowering Godzilla with holy energy that instantly reflects Spacegodzilla's beam and kills him), and dwelling in a light-filled realm separate from Hell. Not to mention Word of God statements by the creators. Conflating the two or thinking that they're the same being is understandable. Everything from their appearances being inversions of a theme, both are mountain creatures with God being a mountain and the Guardian living on one, having multiple eyes and vaguely undefined shapes, to their roles in the story functioning as transition points are consciously made to be reflections of each other. They could even be argued to be two different aspects of the same being...but even this interpretation needs the issue 1 God to have its own section of the profile, which it needs even more if it's considered its own entity.

As for scaling, that Godzilla is able to damage this God at all let alone sending it fleeing, if not outright killing it (humorously causing the remaining angels and demons to start worshipping Godzilla as a new power at least comparable to those they already serve) show Godzilla to be incredibly powerful in this incarnation. The author/artist corroborates this, it's clear that this is meant to be a universe-creating God. Going by that should put God-Mountain at Tier 2 (at minimum) and Godzilla should scale to it. That said, there aren't too many on-page feats that support this, just that God lords over angels, can empower Godzilla to essentially be invincible/defeat SG, who stalemated him in a mutual kill earlier, and trying (and failing) to control Godzilla to fight for heavenly ideals like peace and light against Hell.

Let me know what you all think. I am looking for the source/original of the first artist God-Mountain explanation, but it seems that the original source no longer exists, leaving just that hard-to-read thumbnail image I linked to.

This does sound good, but do you have scans to back this up? Should be easy to obtain.

The universe creation thing does make sense, as the comic itself (scan you posted) even says "the universe is part of God's mind". I think this is fine.

I s'pose it kinda makes sense for Hellbat Godzilla to be that strong, so I'll agree with this.

First when Matt Frank explained IDW can't kill Godzilla in any story is literally. If IDW kills Godzilla in the any comic they will face contract consequences with Toho, who since 1998 Godzilla died on the movie doesn't wanna see Godzilla dying in any American work.

Second Godzilla and SG were already in Hell and that was a false planet Earth blowing up and multiple stars in the background are just another layer of Hell, which was confirmed by many sources from IDW and the writers.

So it doesn't make sense Godzilla being killed by the explosion knowing IDW could have faced legal consequences with Toho for killing Godzilla.

The explanation is that Godzilla was teleported to Heaven by God Mountain, so he can use Godzilla in battle against Hell forces.

Last edited:
We had a massive discussion regarding the planet on discord a while back and there's nothing to support that that's how he got to hell in the first place.

Disagree with tier two, you are using very shaky word of God given the track record of goh, and even then it would not apply unless God mountain has a universal energy system or accompanying AP feat or scaling on that level.

Hey all, I was checking out the Godzilla in Hell page and I think that there's some stuff that really needs to be added and/or changed. There is an older thread here where some of the stuff I noticed was previously discussed, but I don't know that all of the discussed changes were verified and made, so forgive me if I relist anything that has already been addressed.. First, the "Godzilla survived the beam clash" bit is still there. While it is possible this is what happened, given we see the planet blown up and then SG and G are in the afterlife, meaning that they technically could have been transported there (SG being encased in ice/crystal might even support this, as he could have been "found" that way)...but I think it's much safer to assume that they died. And to Apex, I'm pretty sure the "can't kill Godzilla" thing is more about ending his story; Godzilla can die, as long as he comes back from it, like in Rage Across Time fighting Zeus. As for Ghidorah, it states that he's the reason Godzilla is in Hell, not necessarily the cause. The planet was clearly destroyed by G and SG, and unless there's some confirmation that that specifically didn't kill them, I think it's safe to assume. Ghidorah is referred to as a "devil" and it would make sense that Godzilla was brought there to deal with him, given that God tried to recruit Godzilla to fight on its behalf.

Second, either the Gate Guardian (the god part...in a minute) or the entire location of Hell should have temporal manipulation and/or acausality of some stripe, given that Godzilla is able to return to the living universe on what is heavily implied to be Earth before it was destroyed (or maybe even a second creation/reality reset that created a new earth).

The being guarding the Gate at the end really shouldn't be referred to as (a) God, at least not with the actual God appearing earlier in the comic. The "mountain" God is very clearly a representation of (perhaps even "kaiju-fied") or analog to the Abrahamic God, as shown by its attending angels, ability to grant power to fight against evil (see: the angels empowering Godzilla with holy energy that instantly reflects Spacegodzilla's beam and kills him), and dwelling in a light-filled realm separate from Hell. Not to mention Word of God statements by the creators. Conflating the two or thinking that they're the same being is understandable. Everything from their appearances being inversions of a theme, both are mountain creatures with God being a mountain and the Guardian living on one, having multiple eyes and vaguely undefined shapes, to their roles in the story functioning as transition points are consciously made to be reflections of each other. They could even be argued to be two different aspects of the same being...but even this interpretation needs the issue 1 God to have its own section of the profile, which it needs even more if it's considered its own entity.

As for scaling, that Godzilla is able to damage this God at all let alone sending it fleeing, if not outright killing it (humorously causing the remaining angels and demons to start worshipping Godzilla as a new power at least comparable to those they already serve) show Godzilla to be incredibly powerful in this incarnation. The author/artist corroborates this, it's clear that this is meant to be a universe-creating God. Going by that should put God-Mountain at Tier 2 (at minimum) and Godzilla should scale to it. That said, there aren't too many on-page feats that support this, just that God lords over angels, can empower Godzilla to essentially be invincible/defeat SG, who stalemated him in a mutual kill earlier, and trying (and failing) to control Godzilla to fight for heavenly ideals like peace and light against Hell.

Let me know what you all think. I am looking for the source/original of the first artist God-Mountain explanation, but it seems that the original source no longer exists, leaving just that hard-to-read thumbnail image I linked to.
There’s several problems with this. First off, Matt Frank confirmed they couldn’t kill Godzilla, so they were just transported to the Afterlife. None of the sources seem to confirm anything else was the reason why Godzilla in Hell, other than King Ghidorah himself. And your overlooking Bustermoody actually implied that the battle was actually in Hell. And that’s not the only time either, along here and here. They are statements that put Godzilla higher and they are consistent.

We had a massive discussion regarding the planet on discord a while back and there's nothing to support that that's how he got to hell in the first place.

Disagree with tier two, you are using very shaky word of God given the track record of goh, and even then it would not apply unless God mountain has a universal energy system or accompanying AP feat or scaling on that level.
Their not shaky at all, tier 2 statements are consistent.

not shaky

9d46472f-1558-4d06-8baf-b292ecf9fb5f

This image has never been sourced, its fake as far I know.

6074294-capture1.jpg

This is a deviantart post from a single writer, when the comic had multiple writers who had to follow strict guidelines. It doesnt even abide by WOG standards.

lastly, read our rules for creation feats require an accompying ap feat or scaling, or a universal energy system

Cyberblader90 seems to make sense in his last post.

there isnt anything new. Either fake images being used for tier 2, or unsourced, and they dont even follow on site rules. the planet busting was discussed in detail on discord with ovens, and was concluded to be a feat Godzilla scales to.

there isnt anything new. Either fake images being used for tier 2, or unsourced, and they dont even follow on site rules. the planet busting was discussed in detail on discord with ovens, and was concluded to be a feat Godzilla scales to.
Thank you for helping out. So should I close this thread then?

I suppose that makes sense; the God example is clearly a Tier 2 creation feat it seems.

Edit: I did not notice Cyber's points. I agree if the scan has no evidence of being real, it should be avoided. And that DeviantArt stuff isn't particularly reliable.

I will close this then. Thank you to the people who debunked this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back