• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of Light vs the Sage of Six Paths

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't erase Ozmas' body as much as he pulled a Thanos and caused it to turn to ash. Maybe it's Deconstruction?

I interpret the ability itself to be BFR as he's able to move the soul to and from the afterlife.

Maybe, it should be something though

The soul BFR yes but he physically destroyed Oz's body by some means

I think Decontruction is the best power for it as it turns the body into ash/dust without doing anything else to the environment.

No..? It says it's a power of the Soul Stone.

And for some reason the Decontruction power is not on Thanos' profile despite him being the primary example of it, lol.

Can you add Decontruction to his profile under his last key and change the dura neg explaination to "Negates Durability with many of his abilities"?

Dargoo Faust said:
@Rocker
Being a soul wouldn't really exempt him from any of the GoL's hax seeing as he was able to freely move Ozmas' soul from the afterlife to the world of Remnant.

He doesn't have soul manipulation as much as he can BFRing you to the afterlife. I call it BFR because he's able to do the reverse of this to Ozmas' soul.

Barring destroying the GoL's soul entirely throwing the soul into another place might not really do much considering the GoL is above life and death to begin with, which involves souls going to an afterlife.

Sealing I'm on the fence for. The GoL can freely move between the afterlife and Remnant. That said I don't see the GoL being particularly talkative during this fight.
BFR would not work for reasons I have said above.

GoL's soul would be eaten by the King of Hell, he is not just tossing the soul away.

Sealing would definitely do him in, there is nothin he can do to his powers being sealed.

@Rocker

King of hell only eats the soul of whoever lies in front of him as shown when Pain used it on those two ninja and the one that actually didn't know where Naruto was just got knocked out.

The only other way the King of Hell gets souls is after Nagato killed someone. He can't just instantly bring forth the King of Hell and just suck up souls instantly. He can't bust a Yammy Llargo and rip the soul from your body while you're alive unless you lie or he kills you.

Unless you have evidence that King of Hell can just suck up souls without needed to kill the person first or have them lie in front of it.

No he can he just needs to use the preta path(I think) to hold the soul of God of light, summon the king of hell and toss it in, that is what Nagato tried to do to Naruto after he got revived.

So it is wrong that you have to kill the target.

He can in fact do a yammy, difference is that he has to touch the body or just summon the gedo statue and use its dragon to suck out the souls of whatever it touches.

As such my eviidence is Nagato vs Naruto:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwoy-VWtL_8&t=380s

Sorry for the late comment, feel asleep while resting.

Anyway, my comment is referring to just using the King of Hell with no physical contact or the use of the Gedo statue so I not sure why you brought those up but regardless GoL can easily just teleport out of the way of the Nine Phantom Dragon, and out of Hags grip if he gets grabbed.

If he teleports out as Hags is grabbing his soul he basically just kills himself. And Hags has genjutsu to make it easier for himself anyway, so GoL does not even know what is happening.

Also how would he know to tp out of the way of the dragon? He does not kno wwhat it does.

I don't see how hag can't get back from bfr, and I feel really iffy about GoL being able to move around after having all of his energy sealed away.

Even if, Hag could just take his energy and give it sentience like he did with kaguya.

So now your assuming he's going to just sit there and take it?. Sorry but he doesn't look like the type.

Also, no, he won't instantly kill himself if he teleports from hags grip. Hags has to start pulling his soul out first before he teleports. Hell I don't see why he'd let him get that close anyway. Plus he could just teleport Hags away if he gets to close to him.

Anyway I'm done commenting on this match.

LordGriffin1000 said:
So now your assuming he's going to just sit there and take it?. Sorry but he doesn't look like the type.
Also, no, he won't instantly kill himself if he teleports from hags grip. Hags has to start pulling his soul out first before he teleports. Hell I don't see why he'd let him get that close anyway. Plus he could just teleport Hags away if he gets to close to him.

Anyway I'm done commenting on this match.
No I am saying why would he specifically tp out we dont even know his way of fighting.

Yeah and if he starts and he tps out the could would still be in Hags' hand. And Hags can tp back not to mention genjutsu again.

In combat? We don't see him in proper combat weekly.

Plus, kaguya couldn't use teleportation that works inbetween dimensions when she was getting sealed, so not sure it would really work when it matters most.

@Rocker

Give his intelligence I assumed he would use it. Just my opinion though, don't know if he's the type to keep back and analyze his for or take everything. That's pretty much the reason why I said I'm not commenting further as I'm unsure on how the match would go given Hags handful of Abilities but not knowing how he'll act first.

Going through gol's abilities, leaving not combat aplicable ones out.

Immortality, ressurection and Regen help a lot, but hags main methods of victory are through methods that ignore them.

Teleportation is also useful, buy since kaguya couldn't teleport out of it once activated, I doubt he can.

Elemental manip gets absorbed.

That said, I think I'll vote hag through having more methods to win, and less to loose. He would sense GoL's power right away, and the moment he sees the regen in action he'll likely go for sealing instead.

And to put the reasons I gave above here: Sealing should work fine, kaguya couldn't really do anything about it neither while it was happening nor when it had already happened.

TSB could likely kill if it get a large enough aoe to affect all of his body, with how it acts with energy, he could divide GoL's energy and make it sentient, if they ever get close range then he could soul rip...

Pretty sure he has more methods, but this should do it.

Lel no, he only knows stuff in his own verse.

He was also surprised by what salem did, despite her doing it for months in the least.

You say that, and yet I have never seen anyone say anythin but the oppsoite.

Also, again, why was he surprised at all then?

Like, he didn't know salem was talking to GoD until he ressurected ozma (which broke the balance and some), didn't know she was amassing humanity against them, not until she revelead it.

Because its NIGH omniscience my dude, the fact that he was surprised is why its nigh and not total omniscience

The reason on the page for ot being nigh is that he can't see the future. Why would he know what happened to someone from another reality if he couldn't even know what was happening to someone from his own?

And verse equal does not mean they are from the same planet or reality, since they do mention the planet was just an experiment, and the otaotsuki are from another dimension. So verse equal would not take effect regardless.

WeeklyBattles said:
PIS most likely
I edited my comment with some extra stuff, and once again I have to see anyone we believes that omniscience is prone to verse equal, and I see no reason why the brothers knowledge extends beyond the planet.

I don't exactly think GoD is nigh omniscient because in the beginning and in the flashback he was always seemed jealous of his brother and didn't always seem to care about/listen to him. Should I also mention that when Salem tried to ask the GoL he was sincere and tried to provide advice to her to let Ozma go while with the GoD, he just went "What the f..." and resurrected Ozma.

P.S. Who'd really win in an all out death battle between the GoL and the GoD?

P.P.S. LOVE that we're getting to know the lore of RWBY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back