• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of High School Discussion Thread 4: Post-Anime Apocalypse

Jeahbongchim is unironically the worst technique because to use it you have to eat divine fruit and even then you can only use it up to 2x without ******* dying immediately
And if you do survive, you have to go through severe amounts of pain that make you want to kill yourself instead... and this is only on 2x.

So I finally finished the series and it was pretty good. With how volume 6 reveals the whole cycle of Samara and mori trying to break out of it via accepting and taking everything with him(the exact opposite of buddha and mubong)definitely makes me want to reread the series agian at some point with a new lens on the selfishness whole theme on the series. Now as a whole I really enjoyed the series, I liked a big chunk of characters. They all had there own backstory’s and interesting personalities that make them quite likable or compelling. The fight scenes for me well always be top tier in any media for me.With how the author choreography’s the martial arts and how fights always have this back and forth(like when you think one character is stomping another but it’s revealed they were just screwing around) is always great to watch.I loved how the setting has changed throughout each timeskip. With different people at the helm of the world. And I generally just **** with the story. That being said I still have some problems with mainly volume 6 in manily how it handles some characters. Like Sujin Lee and the north I feel like never played a big enough role. Maybe it’s because of how intense she was in volume 3 but I feel like she should have done more than just be part of the power balance. Baek and king uma never got a badass a real battle after volume 3 and when king uma finally gets her real body we never get see her pop off. Peach and mori not getting anymore screen time together after mori and dawei go out to solo the world gov really sucks, especially with her being a big part in mori’s development. And speaking of development Mira’s uncle or cousin never showing up in volume 6 is also quite annoying with how important he was to Mira’s character. And I’ve already talked about the acupuncture stuff in another. It would also have been cool to see Buddha’s back story with how he raised from human to godhood. But even that all said I’d still give the series like a 9-8/10.

I'm pretty sure the only "hand" moment with any scaling relevance is the Karmic Cycle "in the palm of his hand" stuff.

Not to my knowledge, but even if they did, scaling GoH to the mythology is simply not allowed on this site.
You don’t really need to scale to mythology. With how superme gods are portrayed as “bigger” then they actually are you could still come to some conclusion they possibly mean something much more literal when referring to there hands. Mori making a reference to the og mythology would only give support but if the site doesn’t allow any direct reference to og mythology regardless of how the story presents it then I guess it doesn’t matter

Cross-scaling is a very delicate subject. You need a lot of proof to even scale two normal series to each other, let alone a parody to the mythology it's based on.

Anyway, new CRT is up. Go tell me how awesome it is or I'm going to jump out of a window 😎 👉 👉

wait
Mori being all dualities doesn't it mean he's nondual?
Giving Mori Nonduality is quite literally impossible without further context, if you ask me. Not only is there little to no information disclosed on the dualities, there no mentions of Mori having transcendence or independence over/of them. If we could just give characters abilities like Nonduality just for having a few statements of transcendence, most God-like figures would have it.

You can't just force context into it.

I’d think including the distance of Jupiter being launched past a galaxy would be pretty important
Nah it was only launched back into it's orbit. The galaxies and stars it's launched past are, well, only in the distance behind it. Either way it wouldn't change anything.

If you've noticed we don't have a calc for Satans Jupiter throw. This is because it's impossible to calculate the kinetic energy of FTL feats. So if Jupiter was launched a lot further it's speed would have had to reach FTL levels, which would in turn make it unusable for kinetic energy calcs

The older calcs will need to be revisited because standards change and so calcs that are over 4 years old might need some tweaking.

But the Jupiter calc really isn't one of them.

Nah it was only launched back into it's orbit. The galaxies and stars it's launched past are, well, only in the distance behind it. Either way it wouldn't change anything.

If you've noticed we don't have a calc for Satans Jupiter throw. This is because it's impossible to calculate the kinetic energy of FTL feats. So if Jupiter was launched a lot further it's speed would have had to reach FTL levels, which would in turn make it unusable for kinetic energy calcs
I’m pretty sure Jupiter was out of the solar system after this

Oh ya I forgot about that.

Back