• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of High School Discussion Thread 4: Post-Anime Apocalypse

Has anyone else thought the same? Jin Mori should have "Extraordinary Genius" intelligence by "bodily-kinesthetic intelligence" because He can use Recoilless which The principle of Recoilless is to move the body so well that it becomes a concept.
Recoilless is a principle, but not that type of principle.

I have planned after I finish reading it I might debate that But now I want to take a break
There's no "debating" that, turning off the universe is a hyperbole to describe what an ordinary person saw, AS PER THE SERIES' OWN STATEMENTS. Please don't start shit that was debunked 69420 times since 2018, please.

Has anyone else thought the same? Jin Mori should have "Extraordinary Genius" intelligence by "bodily-kinesthetic intelligence" because He can use Recoilless which The principle of Recoilless is to move the body so well that it becomes a concept.
20240415-235559.jpg

There's no "debating" that, turning off the universe is a hyperbole to describe what an ordinary person saw, AS PER THE SERIES' OWN STATEMENTS. Please don't start shit that was debunked 69420 times since 2018, please.

20240415-235559.jpg
Ayy. That's my clone!!!!

Recoiless is a concept the same way art is a concept.
And I'm pretty sure drawing furry inflation art doesn't give anyone concept manipulation or make anyone an extraordinary genius

And I'm pretty sure drawing furry inflation art doesn't give anyone concept manipulation or make anyone an extraordinary genius
Are you talking from experience? Because that example is something else...

Really? How much? I can, if I am paid well, draw them a real good art.
Depends on what specific niche fetish you draw. An average fursuit can apparently cost like 5000€ so most of the active furries are like, doctors and lawyers and whatnot. Meaning they have the money to pay for their weird specific fetishes to be drawn.
(wtf are we talking about)

Depends on what specific niche fetish you draw. An average fursuit can apparently cost like 5000€ so most of the active furries are like, doctors and lawyers and whatnot. Meaning they have the money to pay for their weird specific fetishes to be drawn.
(wtf are we talking about)
Really? Lawyers? Oh my God.

(I don't know.)

Although, Mori can get Extraordinary Genius if we just push for it enough. No one cares much, though.
Nah. Extraordinary Genius requires scientific knowledge and whatnot
Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers,[1] and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.
Maybe Mujin and Tataghata could get it for knowing the "truth of the universe" but Mori probably can't

Nah. Extraordinary Genius requires scientific knowledge and whatnot

Maybe Mujin and Tataghata could get it for knowing the "truth of the universe" but Mori probably can't
He can in combat category like a lot of characters in this wiki. But first, we need existing profiles with intelligence on that level. I am pretty sure the king could get it as well, since he has knowledge over the fundamental principles of the world.

20240415-235559.jpg
i think since the debating ended in 2018 there haven't been any statements to counter the "hyperbole" feat, but not today.

Yet The author of this fiction wrote those words to express the battle between the two strongest in the universe at that time.

And if that's not enough of an argument or statements coming directly from the author are debunked even though the context gives.

If that is the case then so I guess I'm probably smart enough not to argue against what's already been d
ebating.

Yet The author of this fiction wrote those words to express the battle between the two strongest in the universe at that time.
Just because the author thought it was cool for the words to be a thing doesn't mean they're to be taken literally. Do you even hear yourself?

"I thought it was cool to write the universe shut down for a moment" IS NOT EQUAL to the universe literally turning off. It still holds the same meaning it did before. Yongje only mentioned that because knetz memed the hell out of that line.

i think since the debating ended in 2018 there haven't been any statements to counter the "hyperbole" feat, but not today.

And if that's not enough of an argument or statements coming directly from the author are debunked even though the context gives.

If that is the case then so I guess I'm probably smart enough not to argue against what's already been d
ebating.

He said he wrote it to illustrate the strongest mfers fighting. Which is exactly what a hyperbole would he for.

It's like saying "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse" to illustrate how hungry I am lol

Just because the author thought it was cool for the words to be a thing doesn't mean they're to be taken literally. Do you even hear yourself?

"I thought it was cool to write the universe shut down for a moment" IS NOT EQUAL to the universe literally turning off. It still holds the same meaning it did before. Yongje only mentioned that because knetz memed the hell out of that line.
Well, the context is given and There is an achievement that although less than Jeahbongchim 250,000 times, the range of Jeahbongchim 190,000 times is Galactic possibly Intergalactic.

So Mori jin uses Jeahbongchim 250,000 times + Kick of The Blue Dragon which is the amp move + Borrowed Power from Mori Hui that is using The Kick of Imoogi which is also the amp move + Kick as hard as he can.

i think is possiply have a good chance That he really turn off the universe.

But today I'm not ready for the debate, I haven't prepared any information yet, so I think we should end this debate first and talk about it later.

I think extraordinary genius can come from just fighting skills based on this.

Well, the context is given and There is an achievement that although less than Jeahbongchim 250,000 times, the range of Jeahbongchim 190,000 times is Galactic possibly Intergalactic.

So Mori jin uses Jeahbongchim 250,000 times + Kick of The Blue Dragon which is the amp move + Borrowed Power from Mori Hui that is using The Kick of Imoogi which is also the amp move + Kick as hard as he can.

i think is possiply have a good chance That he really turn off the universe
Okay but:

1. The difference between 190,000x and 250,000x is literally only like 1.2-1.3x. That's miniscule given how the difference between 3-B and 3-A is 104 SEXTILLION times. Or yk, 104000000000000000000000x.

2. Let's assume he DID turn off the universe. How do you quantify that? What you mentioned (Mori Hui + KoBD + jeabongchim) are all finite increases in power so trying to argue for Low 2-C by "affecting the universe" is impossible. Anything else would need a calc and you'd need to explain the feat in a quantifiable way.

3. Mori doing the feat with multiple amps does not change the fact that the description of him "turning off the universe" is just what people on earth saw, not what actually happened.

After going through the pages of multiple Extraordinary Genius threads, I have concluded that Mori can infact get that rating. Although, we as a whole community are lazy tards.

Okay but:

1. The difference between 190,000x and 250,000x is literally only like 1.2-1.3x. That's miniscule given how the difference between 3-B and 3-A is 104 SEXTILLION times. Or yk, 104000000000000000000000x.

2. Let's assume he DID turn off the universe. How do you quantify that? What you mentioned (Mori Hui + KoBD + jeabongchim) are all finite increases in power so trying to argue for Low 2-C by "affecting the universe" is impossible. Anything else would need a calc and you'd need to explain the feat in a quantifiable way.

3. Mori doing the feat with multiple amps does not change the fact that the description of him "turning off the universe" is just what people on earth saw, not what actually happened.
1. That's fair.

2. i understand that and yet he don't get Low 2-C for sure His kick had no effect on the Low 2-C structure at all.

3. I guess I'd have to Gather information to debate that too.

You can laugh at me all you want, but I'll have to try first.

and like i say "today I'm not ready for the debate, I haven't prepared any information yet, so I think we should end this debate first and talk about it later."

1. That's fair.
😎 👉 👉
2. i understand that and yet he don't get Low 2-C for sure His kick had no effect on the Low 2-C structure at all.
Yes so no low 2-C from this feat.
3. I guess I'd have to Gather information to debate that too.
👍
You can laugh at me all you want, but I'll have to try first.
and like i say "today I'm not ready for the debate, I haven't prepared any information yet, so I think we should end this debate first and talk about it later."
I'm not going to laugh at you but I feel like this is a waste of effort that could be spent more productively on actually quantifiable feats or abilities.

The "Turning off the universe" feat isn't something that people felt and it never happened, the author provides us dialogue through himself of the situation for the others on earth, not that it wasn't real. Mori unleashes an attack that in turn with the shockwave from the it goes out and temporally wipes out the light from the visible stars in the sky. We see it visually happen as we get the "turning off the universe" line.

The statement of the author in the epilogue is taken out of context. It's not saying that the author is saying the feat is hyperbolic, it literally states that he was confident that the feat and "universe turned off" line would entice the readers only for the readers (probably the Korean readers) found it to be wacky at the time that they wiped the stars for a moment. It quite literally goes:

This feat will be epic I'm sure of it and bring popularity -> Readers (lmao, wow wacky.. etc) -> I lost confidence in my work and the scene I wrote

The author expresses how his view of the scene changed due to the review he got for it as he sought for commercial popularity only to for his "Le Epic" scene to not be received how he thought it would. It doesn't discredit the feat.

This is all official translation, right? And some page of the Chapter didn't missing right?
I wouldn't concern myself with the "official" translation. The most official would be the webtoon one but the webtoon translation is about as bad as any fan translation.

Personally, the fan/webtoon translations are good enough to understand the story but if you want to base an argument for an ability or a feat off of a statement it's better to double check with raws to make sure it's correctly translated

I think he deserves it. Mori moving he body so well that it reaches concept level.

I think he deserves it. Mori moving he body so well that it reaches concept level.
No it did not… Here's what happened:

Mori achieved the recoiless kick and thought it's a single skill. Just like the kick of blue dragon is a single skill for example.

But when Mori fought Dean, he realized that the recoiless kick wasn't just a unique skill but that "recoiless" was a concept that can be applied to any martial art.

A concept by definition is at its core an idea. And recoiless is the idea of completely mastering a skill.

It does not mean Mori is somehow "conceptually kicking the opponent". To compare it to something in real life, it's like an artist discovering the concept of shading and applying it to all of their art. The art now being "shaded" doesn't make it some conceptual manipulation hax lol

Me and David are already doing that. And it's more refinement than anything, since Mori's pages are currently the best in the goh verse on vsbw.

Back