• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of High School Discussion Thread 4: Post-Anime Apocalypse

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
I think it's kinda poetic that the anime ended as soon as the forum move started.

The-God-of-High-School-Cover.jpg

7.5/10 for the anime season 1

Will go into detail later.

10/10 Art. I don't really think I need to go into detail on this one. The fights are stunning, beautiful frames full of action, and what seems to be actual martial arts. Some of the best fights I've ever seen in anime for sure. The animation is fluent and consistent, and the motion capture is really good. I love the artstyle, it looks really unique but and makes everything really appealing.

9/10 Music. I love the op and outro. And I NEED THE OST NOW!!! That monkey king theme from the last episode was a banger. And some of the other songs that played in the fights were really good as well.

3/10 Plot? Story? Using question marks here cause I didn't follow the plot/story very well. I'm pretty sure no one who was an anime only did. It went at the speed of light, and I could literally sense the chapters of cut content as I was watching. Everyone talks about the episode with Mira getting married so I won't talk about that. There's also the whole background with gods and cults and whatnot which I NEVER understood. It gets a 3/10 because I guess I could see where it was going, but it's definitely super subpar in this aspect. Should of made it 25 eps.

5/10 Characters. Literally just basic, average characters. Not much else to say. I like them, but they aren't different from anything really.

Last edited:
overall 7.25/10
animation:it's pretty goddamn good and somewhat accurate to real martial arts(except supernatural shiz) music: cool but kinda forgetable none stuck with me story: as an 'adaptation" the anime is trash
edit: .25 point for style

Last edited:
overall 7/10
animation:it's pretty goddamn good and somewhat accurate to real martial arts(except supernatural shiz) music: cool but kinda forgetable none stuck with me story: as an 'adaptation" the anime is trash
Same qualification, except That as an adaptation for me it was meh, good music and animation+(bonus:choreography)

It's a 6/10 at best for me. Technically amazing fights, in terms of animation, choreography, music etc. but I just couldn't connect to it. The anime feels like a soulless husk. 1/10 at best for characters, story and plot. The quality of animation just barely pushes it above being a total dumpster fire

They also changed one of my favorite moments from the manhwa where it's actually Mira who finally beats Il-Pyo and I will always be salty about that

Jacky clarified that they did not mess up their numbers and proved with screenshots that the calculator they were using was accurate.

Genuine question for everyone: Do you guys think the multipliers should be literal?

There are multiple arguments for and against the use of multipliers. I'll start with against.

The multipliers are Post-Adventure Arc are massive, going anywhere from 20+ times to the infamous 250,000 times. More often than not, we can't actually prove that these characters reach the level of power their multiplier gives them, and in the case of the 250,000 times multiplier, the calculated AP for that state is in the 4-A range, when Mori should only ever be in the 4-B range with a literal multiplier.

Now for the arguments for multipliers being literal. Every time a multiplier is used, the character with said multiplier is either stomping, or matching the power of someone who was previously stomping them. This is true for almost every case of a multiplier being used. Furthermore, the strongest case of a multiplier being accurate comes from two separate calcs done by PowerToScale. The first calc has Mori at 2581098962.66 J. The second calc has Mori at 4527414678.88 J. This is close to a 2 times difference between the two. The interesting thing to note is that the second feat was performed after Mori amped up by 2 times. Coincidence? Maybe. Proof that the multipliers are literal? Up to general consensus.

The important thing to note here is that by our wiki's standards, the low end multipliers should be fine. The high end ones are the real issue.

I feel like numbers coming out of actual calcs should trump stated multipliers. Mainly because most authors can't be expected to check if their multipliers and feats are numerically consistent, but the intention behind creating a feat is to showcase the level of power, and should definitely be considered with greater importance. For instance, in the case of Mori's kick, the authors intention was to show his capability to affect things at a Universal range (of course it was a bit vague before but has currently been cemented by Mujin's similar feat) and that should be considered with more importance than whether the 250,000x multiplier on the strongest previous calc matches the calc from the actual feat

So are you in favour of removing multipliers entirely? This will bump our High 4-Cs back to 4-C, likely higher with (insert multiplier here).

The multipliers are Post-Adventure Arc are massive, going anywhere from 20+ times to the infamous 250,000 times. More often than not, we can't actually prove that these characters reach the level of power their multiplier gives them, and in the case of the 250,000 times multiplier, the calculated AP for that state is in the 4-A range, when Mori should only ever be in the 4-B range with a literal multiplier.
Didn't the AP for 4-A come from destroying clones that were spread across an extremely large area and not a multiplier? If that is the case then it's the 4-A calc's validity that is the issue.

Mori's multiplier was 250,000x which would keep him in 4-B range in AP but a calc of the feat could place him in the 4-A range. It's a feat calculation vs technical multiplier problem. The 4-A rating via the clone busting feats would technically invalidate the multiplier to an extent but I guess there could maybe be an argument that the author was unaware of how powerful the clone busting feats are OR the 4-A interpretation of the feats may not be what was intended and could be ignored or changed to fit with the 4-B ratings maybe (as long as the reason makes sense).

I don't think the multipliers have any real in-universe examples of not being trustworthy or wrong, to be honest.

Last edited:
Didn't the AP for 4-A come from destroying clones that were spread across an extremely large area and not a multiplier? If that is the case then it's the 4-A calc's validity that is the issue.

Mori's multiplier was 250,000x which would keep him in 4-B range in AP but a calc of the feat could place him in the 4-A range. It's a feat calculation vs technical multiplier problem. The 4-A rating via the clone busting feats would technically invalidate the multiplier to an extent but I guess there could maybe be an argument that the author was unaware of how powerful the clone busting feats OR the 4-A interpretation of the feats may not be what was intended.
Yeah the 4-A AP comes from the range of the feat. And it's been recently established that it was actually Universal range as stated at the time. I think the actual feat calc should trump the multiplier - especially considering author intent

Something I've actually recently wondered is would there be some redoing to Mori Dan's intelligence? This is by far the smartest and most tactically aware Mori has ever been with some of his biggest skill feats coming from this state specifically.

Well, isn't the Mori this feat is coming from one that's pretty featless for the story? Not just that but he's been largely removed from most other characters up to this point so it could also be that his base is just higher than the calcs we currently have for other characters?

I don't think the multipliers should be removed. I find the way the tiers are now are good and more consistent than if we remove them for something else.

What is the alternative to multipliers and what would the tiering be?

I think the clones calc that gets 4-A should be looked into more as I don't think "the universe was revealed for a moment" and "the universe was turning white" are conclusive enough statements to say the cloning was spreading throughout the universe. The first statement is questionable already since it is flowery language that Mujin randomly said and the second statement is contradicted by visuals (so is the first statement). The furthest we've seen the cloning reach is to Pluto.

We know the author loves using "universe" hyperbolically anytime an impressive feat happens or to try and make a feat sound impressive as seen with statements such as the "shut down the universe for a sec" and "the universe turned off".

Once can be questioned and disregarded. Twice adds more weight. And the second time we do see the clones spread throughout space

"The universe was revealed for a moment" isn't a second statement saying the scale of the cloning was universal though. You only see the clones just about to reach Pluto. If cloning was shown to reach a foreign solar system/planet then I can understand the thought process but that isn't what happened.

I don't see how Mujin saying "the universe was revealed for a moment" can be taken as "Satan's clones spread throughout the universe" when the visuals don't back it up and we know the author's hyperbolic use of "universe". Same with the Mori vs Satan clone feat.

I personally don't know how a 250,000x multiplier is used, considering you need a lot of evidence to back up a multiplier above 100x going by the page on the wiki.

There is enough evidence to back up the use of the 250,000x multiplier and there is no counter-evidence against it I believe.

There is enough evidence to back up the use of the 250,000x multiplier
"However, a good statement alone is not enough to get a high multiplier accepted. The amount of extra evidence one has to provide to get larger multipliers accepted is proportional to the size of the multiplier. For lower multipliers, like things much less than times 100, evidence can take the form of a clear increase in combat strength against priorly equal or superior opponents. For higher multipliers, like times 100 and above, the importance of stronger evidence, such as feats displaying power of a similar magnitude as the value the multiplier points to or the multipliers importance to the plot of the story, and a higher amount of evidence becomes increasingly necessary."

Straight from the Multipliers page. Now, bring the evidence to show it meets this criteria.

Probably one of the biggest pieces of evidence we have for it being a real and solid thing is how this very multiplier ends up ruining the body of Mori and is one of the big key set ups for the Chapter 6 of the story.

Straight from the Multipliers page. Now, bring the evidence to show it meets this criteria.
So the 250,000 multiplier gets 4-B God Tiers.

For lower multipliers, like things much less than times 100, evidence can take the form of a clear increase in combat strength against priorly equal or superior opponents.

Mori vs Satan shows that

such as feats displaying power of a similar magnitude as the value the multiplier points to

2 feats are THE God Tiers of the verse one-shotting quintillions of clones who range from High 4-C > to unknowingly weaker in durability depending on the range from Satan. Sadly can't be calc'd properly because calc stacking.

These feats also have calcs that might be accepted in the future and they also get 4-B and even 4-A tier without using the multipliers and lowballs the clones to normal human durability. However, I don't agree with them at the moment for my own reasons.

the multipliers importance to the plot of the story

The multipliers are not integral to the story but integral to many major fights in the story and it has clear rules as it is one of the major reasons why Mori is "weaker" this season.

It also goes along with Mori calling Satan the strongest opponent he has ever fought which would include Supreme God Tathagata (another God Tier) because Satan in phase 3 took numerous hits from 250,000x Mori without needing to regenerate and later does the same with Mujin Park who is the current God Tier.

Last edited:
A : we don't know Mori's base strength on which he applied the 250000x multiplier
B : we don't know the durability of individual Satan clones
C : There are two statements pointing towards Satan's clones spreading out throughout the universe. Three of them affecting things at a Universal scale, if you count the "shut down the universe for a moment" thing. Besides, Mujin's "the universe was revealed for a moment" is probably referencing the fact that blowing up the Satan clones lit up the Universe. Especially considering that you can see all the star-like points in the background

Also, as far as I am aware, the author only makes the Universal statements for the literal God Tiers of the verse. I mean I'd be much more inclined to buy your argument that it's all hyperbole if you can point out instances where it's just randomly thrown around for anyone.

Last edited:
So the 250,000 multiplier gets 4-B God Tiers.

For lower multipliers, like things much less than times 100, evidence can take the form of a clear increase in combat strength against priorly equal or superior opponents.

Mori vs Satan shows that

such as feats displaying power of a similar magnitude as the value the multiplier points to

2 feats are THE God Tiers of the verse one-shotting quintillions of clones who range from High 4-C > to unknowingly weaker in durability depending on the range from Satan. Sadly can't be calc'd properly because calc stacking.

These feats also have calcs that might be accepted in the future and they also get 4-B and even 4-A tier without using the multipliers and lowballs the clones to normal human durability. However, I don't agree with them at the moment for my own reasons.

the multipliers importance to the plot of the story

The multipliers are not integral to the story but integral to many major fights in the story and it has clear rules as it is one of the major reasons why Mori is "weaker" this season.

It also goes along with Mori calling Satan the strongest opponent he has ever fought which would include Supreme God Tathagata (another God Tier) because Satan in phase 3 took numerous hits from 250,000x Mori without needing to regenerate and later does the same with Mujin Park who is the current God Tier.
None of that actually counts as proof for a 250000x multiplier. Especially if you disregard the very calcs that would result in a higher Tier

None of that actually counts as proof for a 250000x multiplier. Especially if you disregard the very calcs that would result in a higher Tier
Actually, it does but let's say it doesn't.

Mori states that when he is at 190,000x that a star would collapse/would not handle it. Let's assume that Mori at 190,000x is lowballed to be base Low 4-C at 190,000x (Reminder: he scales above this even in base).

Mori 190,000x = 7.505 Tenatons. 7.505 Tenatons X 60000 (250,000x - 190,000 = 60000) = 450300 Tenatons = 18.7625 Foe which would put Mori at in his 250,000x Solar System Level without using the current tiering or scaling and only Mori's statement and the multipliers.

Here's where Mori would be by scaling to other characters if you're curious.

Base Mori 21.88 Tenatons. 21.88 Tenatons x 250,000 = Mori 250,000x: 5470000 Tenatons = 227.916666667 Foe or still Solar System Level

The multipliers consistently put him at 4-B, with and without ANY other calculations/scaling/feats to other characters while a calc using 2 questionable statements get him to 4-A.

I am much more comfortable keeping the tiering like this over using one statement that contradicts visuals and another statement that requires assumption as to what it means to get universal range clones and also isn't back by visuals just to get 4-A God Tiers.

I'm done making my case for this here, I'll wait for the CRT if I'm available by then. I'm interested to see how long this change will last if it gets accepted.

Back