• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of Destruction vs The Goddess of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making The assumption that Beerus will all the the more faulty.

If Matt or Repp wish to close this, fine

Being objective, versatility plays against Lightning basically as she may go for something that doesn't oneshot whilst Beerus has literally one go-to combat applicable hax which he has no qualms about using. That's about it.

Also again, no rules exist about voting a character for whatever reasons being forbidden, as long as they aren't debunked.

It's plain and simple.

Gargoyle One said:
Making The assumption that Beerus will all the the more faulty.
If Matt or Repp wish to close this, fine
Because he totally didn't use it first thing against Zamasu, that Ghost and Arale, in character, who shouldn't even be a match for him and he used it anyways, amirite?

I never said he didn't...

I'm saying that if it's a matter of who uses their hax first, then why I are people automatically voting Beerus when it's clear both will start with their best stuff?

Repp has a point. Savior Light's go-to moves are Lightning and Time manipulation throughout FF XIII LR. I'm voting for her due to Time manipulation to slow Beerus down greatly on top of the massive array of buffs and debuffs and if needed she can summon Odin for the instant death blow.

How is it an assumption when he's shown to use it when he's serious.

Missed my point by a mile.

Unite My Rice said:
What's the conclusion here?
It was previously decided that Beerus would hakai first as that's in-character and his only go-to hax and Lightning has several and might not use time stop instantly. Until Repp came and swung some votes from Beerus' favor to Inconclusive.

Because Lightning has a bunch of stuff that may not oneshot whilst Beerus has one go-to that can and will oneshot. So he wins in more scenarios.

The complete conlusion :^)
So why is the thread still going?

Guess Lightning has privileges in threads to keep them going when the vote count is clearly against her.

Dunno, ask the people who didn't close the thread or conclude it

I want to point out Lightning has nevered stopped time in battle, she can slow time in fights but that's it. Chronostasis is a mechanic made to stop the in game timer and Overclock was meant to slow it during battles.

Even if Lightning can freeze time she's never used it in battle so unless she's bloodlusted she isn't using it in this fight.

Overclock she will used but I'm unsure if it's in character for Lightning to start out with it. While I'm also unsure if Beerus would start with a Hakai since we've never seen him truly fight seriously.

If Lightning doesn't finish Beerus off quickly then he might just Hakai her when he starts losing. I assume Lightning is above baseline Low 2-C?

I not sure on who to vote for.

She's around Beerus in power, being she's superior to Low 2Cs who are superior to Low 2Cs, as is Beerus

@Poinciana He has used Hakai in character from the get-go on people who he had nothing to do with and even those who should be fodder to him.

Not seeing why he would not use it here first chance he gets.

Poinciana1971 said:
I want to point out Lightning has nevered stopped time in battle, she can slow time in fights but that's it. Chronostasis is a mechanic made to stop the in game timer and Overclock was meant to slow it during battles.
Even if Lightning can freeze time she's never used it in battle so unless she's bloodlusted she isn't using it in this fight.

Overclock she will used but I'm unsure if it's in character for Lightning to start out with it. While I'm also unsure if Beerus would start with a Hakai since we've never seen him truly fight seriously.

If Lightning doesn't finish Beerus off quickly then he might just Hakai her when he starts losing. I assume Lightning is above baseline Low 2-C?

I not sure on who to vote for.
Beerus has shown to actually get the job done with his hakai on 2 occasions and that too against fodders, so it's completely in his character

@Poin

Like I said before, Lightning's on a deadline. She has no reason not to abuse Overclock to finish her foes as fast as possible.

What Lightning would use in character is very iffy since Lightning never uses her abilities in cutscenes everything is left up to the player.

So saying Lightning starts with time slow is wrong since that's what you would start with not what Lightning would start with.

Lightning is by default a ravanger which is a attack mage so she would most likely start with projectile magic like Ruin, Fire, Lightning, Water/Ice, and more.

She might use her stronger stuff only when she's in trouble but her stats are higher then Beerus so she'll be pushing him back in terms of combat so she won't feel threaten by him by that much.

Beerus realizing he's losing would most likely Hakai her which she isn't surviving.

I vote for Beerus since I think he's more likely to use his for sure kill move.

That's kind of an assumption that goes against what she's shown to use, then. She may just as well use whatever else and get Hakai'd.

As I said, versatility plays against her here.

A bunch of her stuff will not oneshot and then she gets Hakai, done.

Match is basically "Whatever Lightning uses vs Hakai".

She has the advantage on time, stalemates on Insta-Kill and disadvantage on most of her other stuff (actually I think there's a fair chance she loses on insta-kill too as she needs to summon Odin for Zantetsuken while Beerus just needs to go "Blahdie"). If she goes with Time Manip, she'll still need to finish him off fast after that lest he still gets a chance to pull the one Hakai he needs and she ends up erased anyways.

Repp, what did you vote for? Lightning or Inconclusive? I asked because it's unclear.

Lightning for sure.

@Fate

That's a faulty assumption when she regularly abuses time manipulation to give herself more time to stop the apocalypse.

Not really when she has a bunch of other stuff she may use and Poinciana also pointed that above.

Saying she'll always go for Time here based on "She's on a Time limit!" seems more faulty to me.

Either way I'm not trying to disprove any Lightning voters.

I'm defending my own points here as the way people adressed them were kind of sarcastic, frankly speaking.

Like "They're ignoring everything Lightning has and voting Beerus!11 Because DB character! The reasons for Beerus winning are not valid! Debunked!" levels of condescending.

Lightning uses her abilites sparingly there is no reason why Lightning would you use her limit time saving moves against what she would assume to be a random enemy.

Lightning in character cares about saving the world so unless Beerus gives her a really hard time then she'll most likely not use anything to big at first.

Lightning wouldn't see Beerus as a big threat till as she most likely has a edge in stats and when Beerus realizes he's losing he'll Hakai.

I think it's far more likely for Beerus to his Hakai before Lightning uses her Time powers.

If that is the vote count, this is concluded as the Grace Period is done as well from what I can see, it just wasn't added. Beerus won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back