• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of Destruction vs The Goddess of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I brought that up and most seem to think that in-character, Beerus would likely hakai first as that's his go-to hax and he has shown to get the job done with it instantly. And Lightning's first instinct for time-stop seems far less likely.

@AKM

I disagree. Savior Lightning is on a time limit and she has to conserve every second she can. Of course she's going to finish the battle as fast as possible and utilizing time stop against a powerful opponent would be a given.

Then I might change my vote to inconclusive as well.

Beerus for reasons above, anyway grace period ended long ago.

lol he probably got confused when Aizen said "Goku vs Star" as there is another thread for Goku vs Star currently

>When everyone votes before someone who actually has an inkling of knowledge of Final Fantasy shows up.

Still think this is inconclusive at worst for Lightning.

Reppuzan said:
>When everyone votes before someone who actually has an inkling of knowledge of Final Fantasy shows up.
I honestly thought about letting you know about this match but I honestly thought you didn't care.

Cal actually voted for - "Lightning for Reppu's reasons. Below"

Reppuzan said:

TBF Repp the thread was left alone for two days in grace period for someone to come and make an argument for FF. but hey better late than never right? :D

@Aizen

When you're up to 4:00 freaking a.m. doing homework for Pre-Med classes, I think I had a good reason to not notice this thread.

@Repp I think you're confusing me with Gargoyle... I said "someone" not you specifically m8. I doubt everyone with an "inkling of knowledge of final fantasy" has the same hell hole of a schedule you have.

EDIT: and again.. better late than never. Since Lightning fights with a sense of urgency in this form I'll switch my vote to inconclusive as her using time stop is much more likely

What the ****, why I put Goku for reasons above, well beerus for reasons above.

@Therefir

So the fact that it's in character for Lightning to time freeze Beerus and insta-kill him has no bearing on your judgment?

I might be go inconclusive, but Beerus have many votes anyway.

Reppuzan said:
@Therefir

So the fact that it's in character for Lightning to time freeze Beerus and insta-kill him has no bearing on your judgment?
Beerus can sense killing intent, and has limited precognition. I'm pretty sure it's in character for him to hakai right off the bat since lightning will try to kill him.

@Glassman

Cute. He reads the future, begins to say Hakai, gets time frozen around him and cut to pieces.

Lightning doesn't have time to waste.

Also, where the heck does Precognition come from?

Last I checked he only had vague dreams of the future.

Reppuzan said:
@Glassman

Cute. He reads the future, begins to say Hakai, gets time frozen around him and cut to pieces.

Lightning doesn't have time to waste.
So apparently sensing that someone is going to kill you isn't going to let you know that you should kill her first huh? Also doesn't her time abilities require some charge time.

@Glassman

If they're equal in speed, Time Stop is going to get off first, especially when it doesn't require any speaking.

Not at all.

@John

Your reasoning is faulty.

@Glass

Game mechanics since there's no explicit reason as to why this is the case. Besides, she can just time stop, walk up behind him, and chop his head off.

Beerus also has no counter for having time slowed to a snail's pace and getting his head chopped off through Overclock.

I agree with Repuzzan. People are just saying "Beerus for reasons above" while completely ignoring all of Lightning's powers.

Lightning wins via Time Stop, Instant Death, Resurrection, and both Buffing her own Stats while simultaneously Debuffing all of Beerus' Stats.

Reppuzan you can make the call.

If the reasons for Beerus winning are faulty, then you can close if you wish.

I am changing my vote to Inconclusive as there is no real way of knowing who will go first with speed equalized.

Reppuzan said:
@Glass

Game mechanics since there's no explicit reason as to why this is the case.
Really? It says in the description that she can't interact with any being while this is used.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Lightning wins via Time Stop, Instant Death, Resurrection, and both Buffing her own Stats while simultaneously Debuffing all of Beerus' Stats.
To be fair, Hakai should negate resurrection.

Matthew Schroeder said:
That's because it isn't a new power for her Low 2-C Tier, she already had it before.
There's no "all previous abilities" on her power and abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back