• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Funky 13th Friday Night (Boyfriend vs Jason Voorhees [2017 game]) 3|0

So how’s BF get past Type 7 immortality? He does have way better LS so maybe he could tear Jason apart or grab him. We don’t know how he fights though.

Boyfriend is still a stonewall just like he was before the upgrade. His AP is 434 KJ but his durability is 7 MJ so Jason will have a lot of trouble harming him on top of him having Immortality Type 2.

Think BF wins since he’s so much tougher and faster. Most of Jason’s stuff needs some sort of equipment too which he’ll have to get while fighting unless he teleports away. The only way Jason can really win is trapping BF or hitting him with piercing damage but I think Boyfriend could handle that with his implied combat skill and street smarts.

Voting Boyfriend.

Oh I forgot to mention lol BF only has to kill Jason once
I don't think it matters if Jason can crawl his way out of hell or not because we have no idea how long it'll take him to do that so it counts as incap even if he doesn't stay dead.
Think BF wins since he’s so much tougher and faster. Most of Jason’s stuff needs some sort of equipment too which he’ll have to get while fighting unless he teleports away. The only way Jason can really win is trapping BF or hitting him with piercing damage but I think Boyfriend could handle that with his implied combat skill and street smarts.

Voting Boyfriend.
I didn't even notice that speed isn't equalized. Subsonic reactions will let BF easily dodge Jason's attacks assuming he isn't caught off guard but he seems to be faster in other speed categories so BF won't be able to catch him if he decides to run for example. Jason isn't an idiot so once he sees that his normal strikes are doing practically no damage to BF while the latter can overpower and potentially wound him heavily, he'll likely retreat and think of other ways to kill him which he actually has a lot surprisingly. While BF does have Immortality Type 2, he doesn't have resistance to either high heat or electricity which can somewhat bypass his durability. Jason can set up traps to stun BF then set him on fire or electrocute him. He can also sneak up on BF with his stealth and invisibility which negates the reaction speed difference, hit him, and then just run. His profile doesn't directly mention it but Jason does have ranged attacks in the form of throwing knives. Another wincon that's a bit unlikely but still feasible is for him to drown BF if he can somehow get the latter into water.

I don't think it matters if Jason can crawl his way out of hell or not because we have no idea how long it'll take him to do that so it counts as incap even if he doesn't stay dead.

I didn't even notice that speed isn't equalized. Subsonic reactions will let BF easily dodge Jason's attacks assuming he isn't caught off guard but he seems to be faster in other speed categories so BF won't be able to catch him if he decides to run for example. Jason isn't an idiot so once he sees that his normal strikes are doing practically no damage to BF while the latter can overpower and potentially wound him heavily, he'll likely retreat and think of other ways to kill him which he actually has a lot surprisingly. While BF does have Immortality Type 2, he doesn't have resistance to either high heat or electricity which can somewhat bypass his durability. Jason can set up traps to stun BF then set him on fire or electrocute him. He can also sneak up on BF with his stealth and invisibility which negates the reaction speed difference, hit him, and then just run. His profile doesn't directly mention it but Jason does have ranged attacks in the form of throwing knives. Another wincon that's a bit unlikely but still feasible is for him to drown BF if he can somehow get the latter into water.
Then Boyfriend just needs to take him out then it’s unknown whether he’ll be back on time.

Boyfriend should be able to get things like weapons and flare guns since this takes place at Camp Crystallake. He should think to arm himself if Jason is escaping from him. Also I’m not sure how in character it is for Jason to retreat. And all those win cons you mention for Jason have him grabbing a target which BF can easily shake off with Class K so he’ll have to really catch him by surprise to have a shot of killing him. I’m not even sure if a bear trap will hold BF with his strength and pain tolerance.

Then Boyfriend just needs to take him out then it’s unknown whether he’ll be back on time.

Boyfriend should be able to get things like weapons and flare guns since this takes place at Camp Crystallake. He should think to arm himself if Jason is escaping from him. Also I’m not sure how in character it is for Jason to retreat. And all those win cons you mention for Jason have him grabbing a target which BF can easily shake off with Class K so he’ll have to really catch him by surprise to have a shot of killing him. I’m not even sure if a bear trap will hold BF with his strength and pain tolerance.
I don't know, he's stated to be dumb, only really scared of lightning, idk if he would arm himself. Also he's stronger and faster though so yeah. Just checking this isn't a stomp right? I want this to get to 7 votes to it's a Notable match

Good luck hitting Jason with those weapons because he won't make it easy and Boyfriend doesn't even use weapons in character nor is he skilled with them. The only reason we never see him retreat is because the campers don't pose a long term threat to him most of the time. He definitely doesn't need to grab Boyfriend to pour gasoline on him or kick him into an electric box. Jason have much higher pain tolerance and the bear traps can still keep him in place for a bit.

I don't know, he's stated to be dumb, only really scared of lightning, idk if he would arm himself. Also he's stronger and faster though so yeah. Just checking this isn't a stomp right? I want this to get to 7 votes to it's a Notable match
Yeah but so are the campers in the game and Boyfriend is implied to at least somewhat know how to use a gun. If there’s one nearby and he really wants to beat up Jason, I think he’d use one.
Good luck hitting Jason with those weapons because he won't make it easy and Boyfriend doesn't even use weapons in character nor is he skilled with them. The only reason we never see him retreat is because the campers don't pose a long term threat to him most of the time. He definitely doesn't need to grab Boyfriend to pour gasoline on him or kick him into an electric box. Jason have much higher pain tolerance and the bear traps can still keep him in place for a bit.
I mean he does in the game when he’s just walking into your stuff. One of Jason’s main things is how slowly and imposingly he approaches you when he’s not teleporting. Boyfriend knows how to treat self inflicted gun wounds which likely means he’s at least handled a gun before. He should be able to pop Jason with the flare gun and take the moment to tear him apart with LS. I just find it weird to think of Jason running from anyone, especially what’s basically a normal person with some superhuman strength. And those win cons depend on Boyfriend being lured to a place where Jason has advantage, not being able to react when Jason attacks or traps him, and not enduring long enough to get away from the thing hurting him. Maybe he’d not get the threat with gasoline but if he’s being electrocuted he should definitely try to get away with his resilient immortality.

It seems unlikely Jason does all this when all the clips shown have him getting physically upfront with his victims. His only chance is using some weapon without BF reacting or somehow knocking him into something which instantly kills him before he fights back.

Thing is though, Boyfriend's is pretty good at using terrain and such to his advantage, and can be very violent, being able to absolutely **** up those on his level.

Yeah but so are the campers in the game and Boyfriend is implied to at least somewhat know how to use a gun. If there’s one nearby and he really wants to beat up Jason, I think he’d use one.
The campers are normal ass people who can escape from an undead killer with supernatural powers and they can formulate a whole complicated plan that involves stealing the sweater of Jason's mother to kill him. How does that make them dumb? Also, any scans to support your claims? I have literally never seen BF touch a gun.
I mean he does in the game when he’s just walking into your stuff. One of Jason’s main things is how slowly and imposingly he approaches you when he’s not teleporting. Boyfriend knows how to treat self inflicted gun wounds which likely means he’s at least handled a gun before. He should be able to pop Jason with the flare gun and take the moment to tear him apart with LS. I just find it weird to think of Jason running from anyone, especially what’s basically a normal person with some superhuman strength. And those win cons depend on Boyfriend being lured to a place where Jason has advantage, not being able to react when Jason attacks or traps him, and not enduring long enough to get away from the thing hurting him. Maybe he’d not get the threat with gasoline but if he’s being electrocuted he should definitely try to get away with his resilient immortality.

It seems unlikely Jason does all this when all the clips shown have him getting physically upfront with his victims. His only chance is using some weapon without BF reacting or somehow knocking him into something which instantly kills him before he fights back.
Because those stuff normally don't pose any threat to him, rather just slow him down and mildly annoy him? He's only as slow and imposing as he wants to. He won't be slow against an opponent who can potentially take his life. So if a random doctor can treat a gunshot wound, that must mean he also knows how to properly handle a firearm, right? What's with that leap of logic? BF knows what to do when he gets shot so now he can suddenly use a gun, something we have never seen him do before? Oh, and nothing about him is normal (he's a 7 feet tall blue haired guy who can only say "beep boop"). Jason can just attack him from afar with throwing knives and BF will give chase because he's stupid and sees that Jason's attacks aren't hurting him much, then he steps onto a bear trap hidden in the grass. Of course he would try to get away but nothing stops Jason from just running away and luring him into different types of traps one after the other.

Again, because his victims can't inflict any permanent harm on him under normal circumstances. That's why their goal is to just escape instead of trying to kill him because they literally can't.
About the commercial:
1. Is it even canon? I saw that you made a thread to include content from it and other users agreed that it is canon but it's currently unaccepted by any staff members.
2. The fighting is good I guess. He dodged and withstood an attack from DD. The wooden plank to the crotch is cool but I don't think it means BF scales to DD because he hit him in a weakspot. If a regular untrained 10 year old kid kicked Mike Tyson in the balls, he would be in pain as well.

About the developer comment, the guy who asked is a normal human AND a Reddit user. Of course BF who has Superhuman Physical Characteristics can beat the crap out of him.

Oh, and I'm placing my bet on the Camp Crystal Lake Slasher by the way in case it wasn't obvious already.

Back