• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Flood Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay now time to discuss on what the intelligence of the Flood will be. I seriously doubt we came to a agreement of it being ******** when it comes to the Floodcursors. ******** without a Gravemind seems to be fine as they can still retain the knowledge of those they have infected, but with a Gravemind, I think that it should be higher than that

Key Minds definitely have ridiculous intelligence. They could rival the most powerful Forerunner AI in processing power, were master strategists & tacticians, could co-ordinate Flood forces and offensives throughout the galaxy.

I also heard they can pilot vehicles rather clumsily when it comes to combat forms, but when it comes to a grave mind, well you get the picture.

• Infection Froms - Below Average Human or Average Human
  • Combat Forms - Gifted (In combat)
  • Ancient Flood Key Minds - Genius to Supergenius (Depending on bio-mass size)

I think The Gravemind has a combined total of 100,000,000,000 years of experience, gonna need to find the quote.

Here it is:

"The Gravemind tells us something impossible to understand— that most of what has been gathered comes from before there were stars. We do not believe in such a time, but the Mind insists … The life-patterns and living wisdom of a hundred billion years."

@Ever The quote was already mentioned here. Kept in mind this came from the Floodcursors Gravemind when they were at their peak during the Forerunner-Flood War.

Cool, the Flood have a page on the wikia. I'm a fan, and I might be able to answer a few things.

Infection forms are generally weak, but they're dangerous in that if allowed to make direct contact with human/other sentient thing with a central nervous system, they will hack into it and hijack it, instantly killing the host and taking over their body. This applies to nearly everybody, Gen 1 MJORNR soldiers being the exception (their CNS is so scrambled that even the flood can't properly hack into it.

Otherwise, they're really weak. Basically ANYTHING will kill it. In a cutscene in Halo 2, you can see Brutes crushing the things with their hands/feet.

Ghostly Owns said:
Otherwise, they're really weak. Basically ANYTHING will kill it. In a cutscene in Halo 2, you can see Brutes crushing the things with their hands/feet.
I'd like to point out - Brutes are as strong or stronger than Spartans in Mjolnir armour.

I have a problem with the latter two.

The Flood combat forms are mostly mindless berserkers unless directed by a Gravemind (as seen in Halo 3). And for the Key Mind, we needn't put "depending on bio-mass size" or something since Key Minds are, by definition, planet sized Graveminds.

How about this?

Intelligence: Below average | Below average by themselves (they have an "attack anything that moves" mentality and are mere berserkers but can pull off brilliant tactics/strategies when directed by a Gravemind) | Supergenius (Their thinking capacity and processing power rival the most powerful AI of the Forerunners, a civilization millions of years more advanced than 26th Century humanity. They possess great strategic acumen and can oversee entire Flood controlled fleets across the galaxy. Used Precursor Neural Physics constructs to manipulate the laws of physics on a galactic scale)

Seperate the intelligence of the Gravemind and Keymind. They make a very clear distinction between the two; think of the Gravemind as something like a leader, making the decisions and thinking for itself and the entire group.

The Keymind is basically the Flood using an entire ecosystem for raw computing power. Yeah, they beat the Gravemind in terms of raw intelligence, but that's just it - the Gravemind uses that intelligence to make decisions.

So basically the Gravemind is like an AI, and the Keyminds are a supercomputer each that the AI uses for processing power.

Also, there's only one Gravemind per group of Flood; 2 or more are only possible when groups are seperated and/or unaware of each other.

With Keyminds, they each take up a ecosystem+, and the Gravemind can have as many as it wants, given that it has the planets/ecosystems needed for conversion.

Oh yeah, add a few more weaknesses for the flood.

Infection forms can be killed off easily via energy shields. Also, their main hax is the ability to tap into and take over their prey's CNS; anything without it (hunters, ayy lmao) are immune to the hax and they are more or less rendered useless.

All the cannonfodder (basically anything not gravemind / keymind) are mindless if seperated from the Gravemind (they regress back to a feral, kill everything not flood, mindstate).

The Flood can degrade over time (an infection form can lose the ability to kill their host).

The Flood as a whole need food to keep going (replenish numbers, etc) or else they begin to die out, so non-organic enemies (hello setinels and prometheans) are highly effective against them.

It's also noted that due to their composition (space zombies), energy-based weaponry (ranging from flamethrowers to setinel lasers) can burn em down easily. Stuff like shotguns / rocket launchers are also effective due to high damage output, but Sniper Rifles and the like are ineffective (the high piercing power is wasted due to the Flood having no vital organs).

The exception is a combat form - the infection form in the chest is like a head in that if killed, the body goes back to being a corpse until another infection form uses it again.

Now, somebody recompile this into a more efficient, compressed form.

Good stuff. I have no intention of doing the editing myself; I'm kinda shitty with making cohesive additions, just see my last 2 comments above.

Another call for someone to rewrite what I said earlier into something more understandable pls.

I have made the changes requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back