• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Flood Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
The Flood page needs some fixes and since the page is locked I will put the changes that have to be done... all evidence is supported in-game and in the lore, you can even check out on the wikia in case

Link to the profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Flood

1) It doesn't have the proper keys: Which should be: Base | With Star Rods | Floodcursors

2) Their speed varies from Sub Human (Infection form, The Gravemind which can't move) to Superhuman+ since most Combat Forms can keep up with Master Chief who can run at 117 kilometers per hour. For the third key they would be higher by an unknown amount

3) Lifting Strength should vary from Sub Human to Superhuman

4) Striking Strength should be Class GJ since an Infection Form can easily one hit kill Master Chief if he has no shield and the Combat Forms can easily destroy his shields and murder him in a few blows

5) Their Stamina should be Superhuman, they can survive from centuries with no food

6) Intelligence should be ******** since with no Gravemind they attack with no coordination, with a Gravemind they are still ******** since they need it to coordinate attacks. The only Flood with intelligence is the Gravemind

I agree with this. Another thing that should be noted is that they can absorb any information from whoever they take over.

I wouldn't said ******** intelligence when it comes to the Floodcursors as they were beating the Forerunners due to gaining memories from all of their hosts they have infected and use their own technology plus Precursor Technology against them by just one Gravemind, they were shown doing so in the canon Halo novel series. Heck I bet there should be a respect thread for the Flood as well. Other than that, I have no problem with this.

Edit: Also the humans have help from the Separatist Covenant lead by Thel, the Arbiter from Halo 2 to contain the Flood.

1. I agree with this. Better put one their specifically for "combat forms"

2. John-117 and Sangheili can run at speeds of 70 km/hr normally and 108 km/hr at most. The Flood combat forms can keep up with John and Sangheili in movement speed and barely react to them in close combat.

So something like this for combat forms would make sense:

Superhuman running speed (Can keep up with Spartans and Sangheili who can run at speeds of 70 km/hr or more) with Subsonic reflexes (Can barely keep up with Spartans and Sangheili in close combat)

3. I agree with this.

4. Striking strength can be:

Class MJ to Class GJ depending on the form (Weakest combat forms are weaker than typical Sangheili warriors while the strongest can be stronger than Spartans in full Mjolnir armour)

5. They can survive long with no food, they can carry on with limbs blasted off, can carry on with even holes in torsos, etc.

I think that Soldier Blue seems to make sense.

While going at it, I noticed this is referring to the Precursors from that respect thread:

"An awful, awesome mash-up of Forerunners and other creatures , gathered from across the ecumene, more confused and even more disgusting, if that was possible, in its awkward, slopping bulk and nightmarish organization—somehow physically younger, but conveying all the ancient knowledge and power of the Primordial. This was new. This was still very, very old."

and this one:

The Gravemind tells us something impossible to understand— that most of what has been gathered comes from before there were stars. We do not believe in such a time, but the Mind insists … The life-patterns and living wisdom of a hundred billion years.

Bear, Greg (2013-03-19). Halo: Silentium (Forerunner) (p. 322). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

Also one more:

"The Precursors lived in many shapes, flesh and spirit, primitive and advanced, spacefaring and locked to their worlds … Evolved over and over again, died away, were reborn, explored, and seeded many galaxies … This I was told. I understand little."

Bear, Greg (2013-03-19). Halo: Silentium (Forerunner) (p. 321). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition."

Note this is for the Precursors as well.

That is all I got, but the Floodcursors with a very knowledgeable Gravemind to be at least Extraordinary Genius, likely higher consider how it said over 100 billions years of knowledge which this will change the Precursors intelligence as well.

Maybe add the intelligence rating for something along the lines of "Once sufficient biomass has been reached"?

The Key Mind is a step up from the Gravemind. I don't know if I recall this correctly but I think these were essentially planet sized Graveminds who could telepathically (or via Precursor neural physics constructs more likely) direct Flood combat operations across lightyears. Plus their intelligence and processing power was such that they could rival the most powerful Forerunner AI. They could also manipulate the Forerunner Star Roads and eff shit up on a pretty big scale.

Perhaps we could include a separate key for them?

@Soldier Blue We also need to change the age of the Precursors to over ninety or hundred billion years as I do feel rather odd that "A few billions year at least" isn't something that will go well with the Precursors. This will also go for the page we have for the Gravemind as well.

Still a Gravemind nonetheless, but you can add a separate key for them as I don't mind.

So how will the Key look?

Tier: 10-A individually | 9-B to 8-C individually | 4-B to 3-C

Attack Potency:
Athlete level (Infection forms are just about powerful enough to overpower and possess a trained human soldier) | Wall level to Building level (Flood combat forms range from small humanoid forms which are weaker than typical Sangheili warriors or Spartans to much larger Pure Forms which can be much stronger than Sangheili warriors or Spartans) | Solar System level to Galaxy level (Key Minds were planetary Flood masses which could manipulate Precursor Star Roads and other Neural Physics constructs. This allowed them to rip apart entire planetary systems and to an extent manipulate reality and the laws of physics on a galactic scale)

Speed: Normal Human (A trained human soldier can outrun one) | SuperHuman running speeds (can keep up with Sangheili and Spartans who can run at speeds of 70 km/hr or more) with Subsonic reflexes (can barely keep up with Sangheili and Spartans in close combat) | Massively FTL+ travel via Slipspace, possibly Immeasurable (Can attack from Slipspace)

Range: Melee range | Extended human melee range due to tentacles and modified limbs, dozens to hundreds of metres with weapons | Galactic via Precursor Star Roads and other Neural Physics Constructs

Key: Infection Forms | Combat Forms | Ancient Flood Key Minds

I think it'll be appropriate to add an image of the Gravemind too.

Lol even though I do show proof that the Precursors did continued to survive in a sense through the Flood and the fact they have lived over ninety billions of years at least.

Well I gonna need the Precursor page profile unlocked so I can change the age of the Precursors and only the age as evidence has been shown.

@Starkiller

When you edit the Precursor profile, also be sure to change one more thing:

I mentioned that the Forerunner-Precursor war occured hundreds of millions of years ago. This is wrong. Be sure to change it to ten million years ago.

I have made said changes according to Soldier Blue's earlier post

@Soldier Blue Sure thing, but it is remain locked for the moment.

@Antvas Can you also unlock the Precursors page? I need to change the age and the summary a bit.

I have fixed it. Tell me here when you are done editing.

Well Ant just adminlocked it earlier as well, but it has to be unlocked again in that case. @Antva My bad you should unlock the Flood page again until @Soldier done some much needed adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back