• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Entity (Bird Box) Revision

Note: I am going by what is on the profile.

Powers/Abilities
Perception Manipulation (The Creature can imitate the voices of those who are deceased and hallucinates others by forcing the unaffected survivors to take off their blindfolds or open their eyes as when the Creature imitated the voice of Tom who is deceased to convince Malorie to take off her Blindfold) - Pretty sure that is Vocal Mimicry and Illusion Creation

Intangibility - Guessing this is correct.

Invisibility (The Creature has never been shown or what it appears to be) - that was a film choice that it wasn't scene, not that it was invisible. People clearly see it.

Empathic Manipulation (Jessica became sad and emotional when she became sad when she looked at the Creature. It is also stated by Malorie that, "She got so sad, and she was never sad". It can manipulate ones' greatest loss or deepest sadness) - Seems fine

Fear Manipulation (The creature manipulates ones' worst fears) - Seems fine.

Death Manipulation (Under any circumstances shall you not look at the creature before it could cause you to perish) - This isn't death manipulation. The reason not to look at it is it will either control the person who saw it, or cause them to kill themselves

Hacking (The Government has stated to avoid Social Media before communications where cut offline by the Creature. Even then when starring at the Creature through any forms of device, you would be affected regardless of the digital images and the pixel heat) - More likely Technological Manipulation

Mind Manipulation (It is thought that the Infected Survivors who haven't committed suicide and looked at the creature were manifested by the creature to force the unaffected survivorsto force their eyes ope) - Seems fine.

Speed: SuperHuman (It's presence is shown near harsh Winds and Shadows), Unknow likely far higher (It caused mass suicides across the Globe within days) - Wouldn't the first reasoning just be the entity using Air Manipulation and Shadow Manipulation? None of what is said in the "Superhuman" explination is Superhuman.

Okay, so having watched it, i dont think theyre intangible, they were stopped by things like walls and doors and they were detected by an car's collision indicator. Non-corporeal maybe but definitely not intangible.

I have not. I am just going by what I research and how evidence was potrayed on the profile. So I am just going on what I have read and by what the profile says. I do vaguely remember that what you are saying is the case. Also, doesn't in have shapeshifting or something? I could be wrong.

Lets see, going down this list:

• Perception manip is fine but vocal mimicry should be added as well
  • Intangibility i already explained isnt correct
  • Invisibility needs to be removed yes, people constantly see it and one of the characters (Who im not naming for sake of spoilers) makes multiple drawings of it
  • Empathic manip is fine
  • Fear manip is fine
  • Death manip definitely needs to go
  • Yes its tech manip not hacking, its also implied to have interfered with radio and cell phone signals to prevent people from communicating
  • Mind manip is fine
  • Air manip and Shadow manip yes but there is a scene where it is visibly running after the main characters and gaining on them, so probably peak or superhuman speed should be fine
Its also implied that there is more than one entity, which is driven home in one of the last scenes in the movie, which is likely how they killed so many people so fast

Someone should make this thing race the plants from The Happening to see who kills humanity first

WeeklyBattles said:
Someone should make this thing race the plants from The Happening to see who kills humanity first
Been working on that on and off for awhile but never got anywhere, at least at the current moment. Will probably finish this week now that I remebered it lol

Also I do disagree with the speed, for the air blast just symbolizes the entity's presence iirc. Also why would the woman, forgot her name, be able to run at peak speed? From the clip she doesn't seem to be moving very fast, at best athletic, but again haven't watched it yet.

Yes and the entities were actively chasing her and you see them doing so, id give you a clip but i dont want to spoil it if youre gonna watch the movie. Plus these things were able to kill the majority of humanity in at best a few days, theyd need at least superhuman speed to be able to move across the planet like that

I've seen it, there's a lot wrong with that profile.

Also I'd prefer to rename the profile to "Demons (Bird Box)" as there's more than one of them and that's really the only name they are given.

I don't remember light manipulation (unless we're talking about how the creates seem to glow sometimes?) and madness type 3 is ok.

But it's more than just an issue of powers, the entire page needs to be reworked because of bad English.

I'm willing to do English revisions

But, I haven't watched this movie so... I'll just leave the third paragraph to be fixed by someone who knows what they're talking about

At the moment yes, im applying a revision for panty and stocking with garterbelt, i can add this when im done

Did we say non-corpreal was a yay or neigh? Also didn't mess with the summery much, DMUA said they would work on it above, unless they haven't already.

Back