• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

It does, but then again you can't force anyone to like anything.

The main problem with the lore i believe is the fact that it's somewhat hidden behind the simple main story and bethesda's let's say special way of storytelling.

I mean some of the npc dialoge is soooooooooo bad, it's like they skip 10-20 lines of dialoge between the character just to advance the plot without having to listen to npc's talking for more than 30 seconds.

eh true. but this verse doesnt really focus on npc dialouge/gameplay/etc. the lore is the main focus for people who stay in the ES Community as that is the best and most interesting thing to discuss/enjoy about the game

Gwynbleiddd said:
The main problem with the lore i believe is the fact that it's somewhat hidden behind the simple main story and bethesda's let's say special way of storytelling.
Isn't it canon that most of the lore we get of TES is just the views the characters have in-universe, thus justifying their contradictions?

Gwynbleiddd said:
I agree, but lack of good storytelling is a major flaw.
Which ES games have you played?
morrowind got me interested, though i did play daggerfall once at my friends house, i didnt feel like finishing oblivion

but ive done skyrim like 12 times just to search for stuff like books for lore LOL

skyrim greatly improves from the last game. I agree oblivion wasnt that good in npc dialouge

The verse gets plenty of attention. It's probably the most popular RPG series in the world. It might not get all that much attention on battleboards but that shouldn't be suprising, the verse is not well suited for cross fictional battles.

While I really love Skyrim, I can't call myself a fan. At least, not until I've played the other games, lol.

Started playing TES Daggerfall and Arena. So far, it's been... Alright?

Back