• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

XitSign

He/Him
Who doesn't like a good Christmas Special AND Sequel? Peppersalt's a cool guy and does spam matches for VERY amusing and interesting character choices, so I wanted to give Lizardy another round through the PAD-verse, this time against a character with far fewer abilities to see if she can get the runback on the verse, or if she's getting coal for Christmas this year!
...I'm...slightly late to getting the profile done and posting this. We're going to call any and all Christmas matches I make 'in season' until spring, okay? Cool.

After patching herself up from her loss to Homura, Lizardy has stayed in the Puzzle and Dragons universe to at least enjoy the festivities of the Holy Night Festival, and see the monsters, Dragonoids, and humans come together for Christmas cheer...But seems she hasn't realized that even during a time for celebration, battle is still part of the holiday activities: A Christmas Tree springs to life in the center of the 'dungeon' wanting a fight during this season of giving!

---

Setsuna Tokage VS Festival Sage Treant, Speed is Equalized, Tokage is High 8-C and Festival Sage Treant is 8-C, fight starts at 10 meters and takes place in the Holy Night Festival for that festive spirit! Background Music is the Christmas Boss Battle theme because it's my favorite holiday of the year.

The Detachable Hero Gets the Gift Of Victory: 7

The Tree Puts Lizardy On The Naughty List: 0

Santa Breaks It Up: 0

Last edited:
Alright, usual questions

How good is this thing's AoE? Always remember that you need to take out a large portion of her separated parts to beat her and her dodge feats look something like this

Very good, like all PAD characters: The Mass Attack can hit big areas of the battlefield and target large groups of foes all at once time. Unlike Twin-Prong it doesn't target though, it just nukes a large area to engulf as many foes as possible, which may make it the harder variation to dodge since you don't have as many places to dodge to.

Plus, for the Mass Attack to even work, it needs at least 5 Orbs, which means some amount of Damage Boost is in effect every time its used.

Which is very important because Lizardy actually has about a 7.0625x AP advantage on this one. Festival Sage Treant passively boosts it's HP, which has been treated as DEF in the games, but no passive boost to Attack, so they'll need to be Damage Boosting as much as possible to even do any damage. Effectively Treant is down about 3.5x disadvantage on taking hits, 7x disadvantage on dishing them out.

Which is very important because Lizardy actually has about a 7.0625x AP advantage on this one. Festival Sage Treant passively boosts it's HP, which has been treated as DEF in the games, but no passive boost to Attack, so they'll need to be Damage Boosting as much as possible to even do any damage. Effectively Treant is down about 3.5x disadvantage on taking hits, 7x disadvantage on dishing them out.
Hmm, interesting. And how good is the Treant at dodging? Because Lizardy herself has managed to tag extremely mobile opponents

Hmm, interesting. And how good is the Treant at dodging? Because Lizardy herself has managed to tag extremely mobile opponents
Unknown honestly. They are for sure mobile (despite the pot) based on context clues, but they haven't shown up in any of the animations to give better context on what they'd be like avoiding incoming attacks.

They also lack any defensive abilities that aren't the normal for PAD characters, so they can heal off damage and make forcefields to block attacks using the Orbs in the air, but that's it.

So dodging is probably at an average level due to featlessness but Treant being at least combat competent, and the use of Forcefields and Healing will be more common and somewhat spammable due to the plentiful nature of Orbs

I do, I accounted for the lower scaling this time from the start. The difference is that Homura had an offensive passive boost, Treant doesn't, only defensive passive boosting.

And it is true, Lizardy still holds the effective 3.5-ish AP advantage, which is a sizeable one. In Treant's defense though Healing and Forcefields, much like offensive power, can be combo'd for greater potency, almost like a defensive 'Damage Boost', so while Treant's most basic forcefields won't hold up well, combo'd Forcefields will be harder to break and combo'd healing will heal more damage off than normal. With the bonus on Treant's side being that with how Orbs work, their forcefields/healing and their Mass Attack Damage boosting will be going off at the same time, Treant doesn't have to pick and choose as long as they have the Orbs to play ball.

There is also Treant's Power Null which is...Weak. They can only Power Null one target at a time (while other forms can multi-target, weird that this stronger form has a weaker hax). If they get it off early, it MIGHT disable Lizardy's quirk since a Bind's power null stops both active and passive abilities. However since it's already only a single target, and Lizardy's gimmick is breaking up into pieces, this ability becomes pretty unreliable pretty fast. It basically only has value as THE first move, and hitting Lizardy with it before she does anything.

Lizardy has a sizeable AP advantage, a bigger defensive advantage, mobility advantage, and almost certainly skill and intelligence considering Treant's just 'A fighter' that's otherwise featless

Treant has more defensive options with healing and forcefields, AOE's, and a unique Damage Boosting mechanic that will make attacks, healing, and forcefields stronger than normal to try to catch up, and probably a more 'mindless' battle strategy (nuke, heal, shield, repeat.), and if they're lucky, EXTREMELY lucky, a power null that might put Lizardy into a bad position.

Stamina...is weird. Lizard's regeneration is impressive, possibly more impressive than Treant's healing can hope to be even with boosting, but the tax on her stamina is much greater than what Orb manipulating has shown. Plus their ranges at their close are both non factors.

There is also Treant's Power Null which is...Weak. They can only Power Null one target at a time (while other forms can multi-target, weird that this stronger form has a weaker hax). If they get it off early, it MIGHT disable Lizardy's quirk since a Bind's power null stops both active and passive abilities. However since it's already only a single target, and Lizardy's gimmick is breaking up into pieces, this ability becomes pretty unreliable pretty fast. It basically only has value as THE first move, and hitting Lizardy with it before she does anything.

Lizardy has a sizeable AP advantage, a bigger defensive advantage, mobility advantage, and almost certainly skill and intelligence considering Treant's just 'A fighter' that's otherwise featless

Treant has more defensive options with healing and forcefields, AOE's, and a unique Damage Boosting mechanic that will make attacks, healing, and forcefields stronger than normal to try to catch up, and probably a more 'mindless' battle strategy (nuke, heal, shield, repeat.), and if they're lucky, EXTREMELY lucky, a power null that might put Lizardy into a bad position.

Stamina...is weird. Lizard's regeneration is impressive, possibly more impressive than Treant's healing can hope to be even with boosting, but the tax on her stamina is much greater than what Orb manipulating has shown. Plus their ranges at their close are both non factors.
Seeing how many disadvantages the treant has over here, I think I can safely vote for Lizardy because of this

Seeing how many disadvantages the treant has over here, I think I can safely vote for Lizardy because of this
One for Lizardy being gifted the win.

...Does she still get put on the Naughty List for beating up a Christmas Tree though?

Eh, it's just one tree
Fair...Santa still gives you presents even if you wipe out hordes of them

...They are a PAD mook, would it be more interesting to have more than one? Or is the fight 'fair' enough as it is. They can attack in hordes after all.

Lizardy's getting another notable victory for (late) Christmas is seems, counted

I keep forgetting that's a thing, but that is technically true.

I agree, so final vote I suppose

Back