• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The DBZ Speeds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
Alexcar3000 said:
Well, only for the stats on early arcs if someone wants to make a Vs...also the actual God Tiers speed were calced based on travel speed, and if we know the differences in early DBZ with combat speed and travel speed, we may get an idea of how fast the God Tiers actually fight.
Don't avoid the question... I'll deal with the Relativistic thing later...
For now yes the MHS statement... again you do know that's not just for combat speed as it never implied that. It was just speed is general which is usually travel speed...

Now it get contradicted later on with the snakeway feat. And the Relativistic feat won't help here. Combat speed doesn't effect travel speed...
I agree with you if it's about travel speed, we never got good feats until super, but now is good to considered based on God Tier's calcs, which were based on travel speed, and if we know that combat speed >>> travel speed, then the actual combat speed of the God Tiers might be considerably faster, the difference between Hypersonic and Relativistic is huuuge, with this, we may have an idea of how fast the God Tiers fight.

Alright I'll ask one final question...

Do ya consider the "Faster than Lightning" statement to be only for combat speed...

IIRC DB characters use huge amounts of Ki in "bursts" to make themselves much stronger and faster while not staying at that level over long periods of time (because that would waste Ki). That's way their combat speed >>> their travel speed and why their power "jumped" early on while the villains underestimated them.

Do ya consider the "Faster than Lightning" statement to be only for combat speed...
Yeah, I doubt they surpassed Mach 10 in travel speed by even the sayian saga lol

It's heavily implied to be just combat speed, so yes i agree, and if we include the filler, Goku was dodging it, not outrunning it so, yeah, either way, it's combat speed.

LordXcano said:
IIRC DB characters use huge amounts of Ki in "bursts" to make themselves much stronger and faster while not staying at that level over long periods of time (because that would waste Ki). That's way their combat speed >>> their travel speed and why their power "jumped" early on while the villains underestimated them.
Yep, that's how it is.

Alright then... an upgrade might be due then...

I won't say their traveling speed as I'll need to look that up again...

But it'll probably go like this...

For Frieza 100% and SSJ Goku...

Speed: FTL+ Combat speed, reactions and short burst speed...

or

Speed: MFTL Combat speed, reactions and short burst speed...

Alright then... an upgrade might be due then...
I won't say their traveling speed as I'll need to look that up again...

But it'll probably go like this...

For Frieza 100% and SSJ Goku...

Speed: FTL+ Combat speed, reactions and short burst speed...

or

Speed: MFTL Combat speed, reactions and short burst speed...
I would go with FTL+ or FTL, I don't actually think they were that high...

FTL+ is using the timeframe of 17.84 seconds
And MFTL is for using the timeframe of 4 seconds from the anime...
Personally, the 17.84 seconds sounds more realistic, however, I'm not a big fan of the anime adaptations so there may be some bias

SomebodyStupid said:
Personally, the 17.84 seconds sounds more realistic, however, I'm not a big fan of the anime adaptations so there may be some bias
Well, the 17.84 seconds thing was about something about some rocks when he killed the moon, in the manga that was all in one panel, so the manga might be even faster than the 4 secs in the anime lol

SomebodyStupid said:
As I said above, the timeframe of 17.84 was improvised since there was no other way to get a timeframe from the manga. The point Living Tribunal1 brought up that the debris used to get a timeframe may have come from Gohan is just anothe nail in the coffin. With Kai, the timeframe is given right to anyone who can count time.

I'll go make two new threads to see how many admins and regular users agree with using...

For now this thread has been concluded...

Okay. It's become awfully long anyway, to the point that my computer is taking longer than usual to load it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back