• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Courier (Fallout) VS Voldemort (HPverse)

Lord...

Speed equalization still won't give Voldemort good enough reactions to swat away bullets, but I don't think Courier has an answer to any of Voldy's good hax. Courier has better range and more weapons, but Voldy has more versatility.

I'll stay undecided for now. Seems likely to go either way.

People always forget that Voldemort can do a lot more that just shoot "energy beams" and scream :D

Going for Voldemort via Flight, Teleportation, Fiendfire and Legilimency. Interesting would be what environment they fight in and how far the distance is.

We always assume SBA unless specified (it's why they are called this way to begin with)

corrier for faster way to kill and being more likely to dodge + voldi rarely resulting to any of the abilities mentioned meosos

I'll admit that my initial response to this was back when I hadn't read the novels in a while, so I wasn't as familiar with Voldemort's tactics as I am now. That much is my bad.

Mind reading is something he does in combat, and like I said in that other thread which shall not be spoken of, the way Legilimency users make use of it is effectively pseudo-precognition. He'll know when Courier is about to shoot the moment the latter even thinks about shooting, and will take measures against that immediately.

Which, yeah. He has plenty of things he can do. He can teleport before dude can aim (he's used teleportation in combat before), transfigure his guns into snakes (tranfiguring an opponent's items is also something he did in combat), TK him off his feet, summon a massive column of Fiendfyre that will chase him down endlessly and prevent him from shooting, mind control him, fool him with an illusion, nonverbally pull up a shield made of silver to serve as a defense against the bullets before they're even fired...

After further consideration, I'm definitely picking Voldy in this fight. He takes this quite handily.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I'll admit that my initial response to this was back when I hadn't read the novels in a while, so I wasn't as familiar with Voldemort's tactics as I am now. That much is my bad.
Mind reading is something he does in combat, and like I said in that other thread which shall not be spoken of, the way Legilimency users make use of it is effectively pseudo-precognition. He'll know when Courier is about to shoot the moment the latter even thinks about shooting, and will take measures against that immediately.

Which, yeah. He has plenty of things he can do. He can teleport before dude can aim (he's used teleportation in combat before), transfigure his guns into snakes (tranfiguring an opponent's items is also something he did in combat), TK him off his feet, summon a massive column of Fiendfyre that will chase him down endlessly and prevent him from shooting, mind control him, fool him with an illusion, nonverbally pull up a shield made of silver to serve as a defense against the bullets before they're even fired...

After further consideration, I'm definitely picking Voldy in this fight. He takes this quite handily.
he only used it against harry and for intimidation of allais, no?

Wrong.

He used transfiguration, teleportation, TK, Fiendfyre and numerous other spells in his duel against Dumbledore in Order of the Phoenix, and used many different spells in his duel against McGonagall, Shacklebolt and [some other third person whose name I'm blanking on right now] in the final book. Dumbledore's trouble in the OotP duel actually came from the fact that Tom was abusing teleportation and making use of numerous spells for combat. Legilimency is something he uses constantly, and both he and Snape (a much less capable but otherwise skilled Legilimens) have used mind reading to keep ahead of their opponents in battle. Only reason it doesn't work against Dumbledore is because the latter is exceptionally skilled in Occlumency.

The entire reason Snape was forced to teach Harry Occlumency in the first place is because Dumbledore knew that Voldemort would abuse Legilimency against him, and wanted the Chosen One to be prepared so that he wouldn't get mentally decimated in a fight.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Wrong.
He used transfiguration, teleportation, TK, Fiendfyre and numerous other spells in his duel against Dumbledore in Order of the Phoenix, and used many different spells in his duel against McGonagall, Shacklebolt and [some other third person whose name I'm blanking on right now] in the final book. Dumbledore's trouble in the OotP duel actually came from the fact that Tom was abusing teleportation and making use of numeorous spells for combat. Legilimency is something he uses constantly, and both he and Snape (a much less capable but otherwise skilled Legilimens) have used mind reading to keep ahead of their opponents in battle. Only reason the latter doesn't work against Dumbledore is because the latter is exceptionally skilled in Occlumency.

The entire reason Snape is forced to teach Harry Occlumency in the first place is because Dumbledore knows that Voldemort will abuse Legilimency against him, and wanted the Chosen One to be prepared so that he wouldn't get mentally decimated in a fight.
yeah , youre right

Back