• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Voldemort vs The Courier 0-6-0

Figured I might just try this and see how it goes
  • Speed is equalised
  • Both are about 6 metres apart
  • Voldemort's 8-A is restricted, both are allowed the 8-C stuff
  • SBA otherwise
No Nose: 0

Big Iron: 6

Incon: 0

Last edited:
I’m kinda leaning towards “avada kedavra”.

But I’m not sure if the courier just randomly blurting something would stop Voldemort and give him enough time to talk his way out of this fight.

With his luck he has just randomly yelled ice cream at a security drone and it gave up and walked away, so I’m not sure if he could do something similar here or not.

Voldemort is quite arrogant so he might do some posturing, AK is something he'll open with though but Courier could dodge it considering even normal witches and wizards are capable of that.

I’m pretty sure in the books avada kedavra was stated to be undodgable, and only the movie version got dodged.

But I did forget the courier is a muggle, so Voldemort would be extra arrogant here.

The courier definitely has time to either frighten Voldemort away with frightening presence, or to convince him to walk away (he’s convinced cold uncaring machines, genocidal maniacs, and completely deranged sociopaths to do more before).

I think its stated AK is unblockable but not undodgable and Protego or barriers did nothing against it.

Moody raised his wand, and Harry felt a sudden thrill of foreboding.

‘Avada Kedavra!’ Moody roared.

There was a flash of blinding green light and a rushing sound, as though a vast, invisible something was soaring through the air – instantaneously the spider rolled over onto its back, unmarked, but unmistakably dead. Several of the girls stifled cries; Ron had thrown himself backwards and almost toppled off his seat as the spider skidded towards him. Moody swept the dead spider off the desk onto the floor.

‘Not nice,’ he said calmly. ‘Not pleasant. And there’s no counter-curse. There’s no blocking it. Only one known person has ever survived it, and he’s sitting right in front of me.’

Harry felt his face redden as Moody’s eyes (both of them) looked into his own.

Goblet of Fire - page 191 - Bloomsbury - chapter 14, The Unforgivable Curses

Fair point for Courier stuff though guess can count that as the vote yeah? Crucio iirc can't be dodged though

Voldemort can probe Courier's mind with Legilimency and read what he's gonna do, plus he can apparate/teleport with a thought. Vol can also do wandless magic iirc so he's not helpless even if disarmed

Last edited:
Voldemort can probe Courier's mind with Legilimency and read what he's gonna do, plus he can apparate/teleport with a thought.
VATS causes time to pretty much stand still for the Courier's perception. By the time Voldemort finishes probing his mind, he would likely already be shooting at him.

From what I gather in this thread, Voldemort is arrogant, so I...somewhat doubt he'd try to approach right away. But even if he does, Courier can also use VATS in tandem with the MANY melee and unarmed weapons in his possession (all of which he is skilled in), so going into melee range isn't that good of an option in the first place.

Voldemort is arrogant yes, but he wouldn't go anywhere near Courier to begin with. Wizards in general in HP always fight at range best they can. On the topic of mind probing he can scale to Snape who can use it so effectively in heated combat it borders on precog and can do so wandlessly and nonverbally. Voldemort can still just think and teleport to dodge attacks even if Courier slows his own time down no?

On the topic of weapons Voldemort can just do gestures and transmute Courier's guns and weapons into useless trinkets or he could be disarmed by accio/disarming charm. I'm not doing voting on my threads just saying Vol's not helpless in this fight here btw

OH! When you said apparate I thought you said approach, lol. Yeah, I agree it would be weird for Voldermort to get within melee range here-

VATS generally let Courier tag characters comparable to him/her before they can move much, but him teleporting could be possible, depending on the weapon. I'm unsure how speed equalized works with projectiles, but it should be noted that Couriors Energy Weapons are FAR faster than his normal projectiles, due to being SOL. Meaning they would be traveling far faster than Voldemort could react.

Voldemort gesturing to disarm him would still put him at a disadvantage though. Since he'd need to complete that gesture before Courier fires, which, again, is unlikely due to VATS significantly boosting his perception time.

I feel like the courier is way more likely to try and talk Voldemort away rather than use vats. Well over half the game is entirely designed around charisma, and the main plot is about convincing people to join your side to either control NV or have someone else control NV. You can just kill everyone, but the game just kinda shrugs when you do that and the story just says everything crumbles apart, good job, it guesses.

Tbf Courier could use just any weapon in that situation so guess that'd be a toss up, vats or SI is a general given though it seems. Vol has other things in his corner like Crucio, which spawns on you and can incap via sheer pain manip and this is another move he's known to use. Though does Courier have cybernetics in him? Not sure if that'd help or not. He could also mindhax with the imperius curse but I don't think he used that in a fight but did use it on governmental officials to control them who would know what he was capable of.

Hmm fair enough, that would tip Voldemort that his opponent is seemingly more powerful I suppose. Courier is prolly still organic enough for AK to work on him though

The courier both has med x to lower how he feels pain, and can continue to fight when most of their bones are broken, after being shot up to hell, and then walk through a desert.

I’m not sure how much the pain would really stop them (if I’m thinking about the correct spell).

Well the effects of Crucio were described as thus

"Voldemort raised his wand, and before Harry could do anything to defend himself, before he could even move, he had been hit again by the Cruciatus curse. The pain was so intense, so all-consuming, that he no longer knew where he was... white-hot knives were piercing every inch of his skin, his head was surely going to burst with pain; he was screaming more loudly than he'd ever screamed in his life — "

I image having most your bones broken, while having to drag your way across a desert scorched from nuclear war, would also be indescribably painful.

At least is should be a high enough pain tolerance for him to not be immediately incapacitated.

Also the courier’s luck can have weapons break or miss. So assuming the courier really gets into a fight.

Voldemort could miss due to luck. The courier is faster so he gets to use his speed amp, so he could vats lock onto Voldemorts weapon. With the starting distance theirs no way he’ll miss (and aiming for the weapon is absolutely something you can do in NV), so he could shoot the wand out of Voldemort’s hand.

However, as far as I’ve been told, Voldemort’s possession is combat applicable. So if the courier actually does kill Voldemort he would actually lose due to possession.

I just find it unlikely for the courier to shoot first and ask questions later when 60 to 70% of the game is the courier asking questions first and then convincing everyone to do pretty much whatever he wants.

I don't understand. What exactly are people FRA'ing?
I image having most your bones broken, while having to drag your way across a desert scorched from nuclear war, would also be indescribably painful...
This post doesn't sound like a vote for either combatant, nor a justification for a vote. There literally isn't a single post that has a vote + a conclusive version for the vote. The original vote was this:
I’ll vote the courier for now yeah.
But he said he'd only vote for now and didn't give any conclusive reasons. Hell, Keeweed seemed to have become more unclear on the match a sthe discussion went on.

Ngl, every single vote should be annulled because the FRA Train has no track.

You can't just convince someone to do whatever you want just because your talking points are really high, doesn't let you override other characters' personality and desires (even if that's how it works that way in your game), it's not a supernatural influence and it only works as well as you can logically argue it can.

More relevantly, SBA prevents people from just being non-supernaturally convinced to leave or give up. I'm of mixed opinions regarding that, but that is the ruling. So.

I definitely think Courier wins the shootout pretty easily, but if Voldemort can just possess them afterwards (which, I dunno about that but my knowledge of HP is limited), they can't do much about that.

Last edited:
Back