• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, we currently have on Butcher's profile a calculation for Butcher withstanding a shockwave from a supe, but some of the math was off and I was intended to fix it, but Dalesean got to it first, and said calc got accepted, resulting in 17.8 Kilojoules or baseline Wall level Durability (and AP) for Butcher and the rest of The Boys.

We also have my calc for Hughie and Frenchie withstanding an explosion, but I think the calc is wrong. Like, the math is right and accepted, but I think my mistake was that Frenchie and Hughie gets pushed by the shockwave, not actually making contact with the full blunt of the explosion. Still, maybe being 15-16 meters away from an explosion and getting hit by the shockwave and getting up like nothing several seconds later is hella impressive (imo lol), so at least (assuming a proper number cannot be given) this work as a fine support feat.

While having 9-B 'normal' humans is always funny, is just baseline 9-B, and it wouldn't be the first time of a live action show. Specially since The Boys take casual attacks from supes all the time, like Hughie and M.M. taking casual hits from the shapeshifter who then casually killed other humans (and they didn't have any reason to hold back against Hughie and MM), or Butcher getting slammed against a wooden desk, breaking it to pieces and other examples that can be seen in Butcher's profile.

So, in summary, our main cast (Butcher, Frenchie, MM and Hughie('s durability)) should get upgraded to Wall level, as well as other characters that could scale (several supes can either fight on par with or overpower The Boys, like Translucent, Ezekiel, Splinter, etc).

Agree: 6 (@ByArrow, @Dalesean027, @CharlesZaGreat, @Suigetsuhyugs, @Ghengiroo115, @Cropfist)

Disagree:

Neutral:

EDIT: Ok, so Psychomaster35 accepted a redo I made for the explosion feat, and the results was 133.435 KiloJoules or Wall level.
So, now I was gonna edit this thread so that discusion is more akin to:
  • Option 1: Accept both feats/calcs, the mentioned characters scale to 133.435 KiloJoules
  • Option 2: Accept the shockwave calc, but add the explosion one as a possibly/likelyt statistics, so the mentioned characters scale to 17.8 KiloJoules, possibly/likely 133.435 KiloJoules
  • Option 3: Accept the shockwave calc, and reject the explosion one as an outlier, so the mentioned characters scale to 17.8 KiloJoules
Agree to Option 1: @Ghengiroo115, @Dalesean027

Agree to Option 2:

Agree to Option 3:

Last edited:
This is fine and you don't need to be in the fireball itself to get ISL, the shockwave is just as much as part of the explosion so the frenchie and Hughie feat is fine.

These upgrades work

This is fine and you don't need to be in the fireball itself to get ISL, the shockwave is just as much as part of the explosion so the frenchie and Hughie feat is fine.
yeah, but the calc is for the fireball, not the assumed shockwave, and also but Hughie and Frenchie get pushed away, which idk if my calc captured correctly (maybe I can make a low end using the distance they have at the end, since then they would have said distance from the explosion)
These upgrades work
Thanks for your input

I won't disagree but it is obvious that is mostly just plot armour, you see supers just casually snapping a neck with one hand or even make an hand go through a person's chest easily but everytime they go after the human of the boys they try to slowly suffocate them or slap them across the room like they are not even trying to kill them.

I never agreed with Butcher vs Translucent getting thrown out, so I can back this.
I mean, Butcher still wouldn't scale to Translucent (the latter, tanked a car hitting him, and is fully bulletproof, might even upscale from Annie and Vicky with how durable he is). That one truly is pure BS lmao. But thanks for your input.
I won't disagree but it is obvious that is mostly just plot armour, you see supers just casually snapping a neck with one hand or even make an hand go through a person's chest easily but everytime they go after the human of the boys they try to slowly suffocate them or slap them across the room like they are not even trying to kill them.
Oh yeah, 100%, it was just an example (though I think some feats are still valid, like, sure Noir II was way too casual, but Butcher still got thrown hard enough to break the desk. Or while Kenji used a casual telekinetic push, the boys still got slammed hard enough to break stuff)

I don’t see an issue with using both. I mean I was fine with the Hughie feat when it was over twice as high, and nothing else has changed right?
Based.
And no, just a lower result, which I think illustrates that even if you nerf I bit to account for factors difficult to include in the calc, it's still an impressive Wall level feat.

Back