• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I find it weird how Soldier Boy's explosions have absolutely eviscerated every supe they are aimed at, and Maeve just somehow tanks a full-power explosion from SB at point-blank with what is essentially no damage. It's also supposed to burn away the compound V in your body, so how did she manage to survive it anyhow? Pretty sure it's just bad writing to get Maeve out of the way for Season 4, but to keep her alive.

I find it weird how Soldier Boy's explosions have absolutely eviscerated every supe they are aimed at, and Maeve just somehow tanks a full-power explosion from SB at point-blank with what is essentially no damage. It's also supposed to burn away the compound V in your body, so how did she manage to survive it anyhow? Pretty sure it's just bad writing to get Maeve out of the way for Season 4, but to keep her alive.
Kimiko survived a blast as well, the other supes at Herogasm also survived, only losing their power. Maeve surviving that though just seems like bad writing, that shit caused a massive explosion and then there was also the fall that she'd have to survive

my boy noir can't catch a W, in the comics he is wasted as a homelander clone but at least kills homelander, here he is one shooted by him and doesn't get to fight soldier boy again

y'all think he will come back? I thought A-train died to the heart attack snd yet he is still alive, think noir could've been rescued aftee the fight?

I think we’re just supposed to accept that the power null doesn’t immediately happen when SB’s energy makes contact. Kimiko certainly didn’t have 10-B durability when she got put through several concrete walls

Would’ve been great if they elaborated on this, though.

Last edited:
Well yeah.

The metaphor is that it burns the V out of the people. Not that the beam instantly incinerates the V out of them. Although the rate of degeneration or dissolution of Compound V in a supe would have to be fast, as Kimiko didn't really heal, but it isn't fast enough that a supe would be instantly depowered at the point of impact.

As for Noir, I believe we might still see him next season.

my boy noir can't catch a W, in the comics he is wasted as a homelander clone but at least kills homelander, here he is one shooted by him and doesn't get to fight soldier boy again

y'all think he will come back? I thought A-train died to the heart attack snd yet he is still alive, think noir could've been rescued aftee the fight?
I mean, Homelander would've had to go back to get his mask. Either he knows Noir is alive and lied to Soldier Boy, which is unlikely, and the other members of the seven, which is also unlikely given how he acted as though Noir's death meant something, or Noir is gonna come back as a zombie ala Lamplighter in the comics

Same. I'm on full copium right now. Like how the **** could the writers completely throw away the buildup like that? It doesn't make any sense unless they have him come back and do some serious shit. A gut punch is nothing compared to what Soldier Boy did.

But still, this means his durability is wack in comparison to a lot of other heroes. Homelander one-shot him, so a lot of the hype for him is pretty much gone. Even if he returns, we know he can't do shit to Homelander.
Yeah, his durability has always been wack considering he can be pierced by simple pistol bullets. He kinda has the same problem as Kimiko where despite they superstrength, their durability especially piercing durability is super low.

Even Starlight can tank bullets to the skin yet Noir can't despite being physically stronger.

I think we’re just supposed to accept that the power null doesn’t immediately happen when SB’s energy makes contact. Kimiko certainly didn’t have 10-B durability when she got put through several concrete walls

Would’ve been great if they elaborated on this, though.
That should really be calced, especially Noir and Starlight's feats were downgraded and invalidated a long time ago.

Let's say the blast fragmented 2 x 2 metres of reinforced concrete. Assuming the wall's around a foot thick gets over 0.002288 tons of TNT, which is almost Wall level+.

It's probably a bit lower, and Kimiko's durability might not entirely scale, but I'd argue the Stormfront and Noir fight proves that she's a glass cannon to some extent.

Last edited:
I might do some calcs on the low-tiers when I have the time. They’re in dire need of revising as a whole.

Last edited:
I’d argue that one is low-tier, since Starlight was barely hurt.

checking the fight, soldier boy legit reacted to starlight's attack by bringing his shield up after she shot, so that's 2 lightspeed-related feats? Unless starlight's attacks are that plasma thingy death battle claimed, but probably still outliers

Time for some musing;

*In retrospect I agree Black Noir got done dirty moreso the fact Homelander pretty much mentality deconstructed him before the gut punch and just left him to bleed out with his intestines (I don't care how well Vought pays, being a cleaner for them is probably one of the worst jobs in the world). Also BN is indeed a glass cannon, I get piercing damage is a minor form of durability negation but it's still... ugh!

*Queen Maeve once again is the MVP of a season finale. She really underestimated herself saying she'll probably last a couple seconds against HL and even when HL was initially reluctant to fight her when he decided to get serious she was still able to visibly injure him and make him bleed (All this proves my previous assertion that if QM was at Herogasm, HL would've been a L).

*As predicted Soilder Boy got jumped. It took three supes (one of which received a massive amp), the world's most powerful nerve agent and a little luck to eventually stop him but he is still alive which may become a major plot point in season 4.

*A-Train and The Deep were pretty much filler arcs this season unfortunately with both of them losing someone close to them. A-Train has pretty much been disowned by his REAL family while still working with people who hate him (he can't go on like this for much longer imo). The Deep pretty much got used by his wife and now the world knows about his fishy fetishes, now he's only around to be used by HL again (similar to A-Train I highly doubt The Deep can go on like this for much longer).

*As for The Boys themselves; MM got his moment against SB, Kimiko has essentially embrace who she truly is, against all odds Frenchie has survived S3 despite the numerous death flags, Hughie has repair his relationship with Starlight who in turn has a unlocked a new power up and Billy has officially the biggest death flag of them all in S4 (unless he takes OG V he's a goner but let's be honest he would prefer death than becoming a permanent supe).

Misc:

*Ryan is getting corrupted by his father...
*We have a vice-president who will blow our minds away.
*The general public are gradually becoming desensitized to murder and violence.
*There's only three members of the seven left.
*Time to migrate to either Mexico or Canada methinks.

And lastly an intresting supporting feat for HLs enhanced senses, is him being able to hear Grace using her touch screen while her phone was in her pocket several meters away while he was talking to Ryan.

Overall I'll give this season a 8/10 not as great as S2 but still very enjoyable nevertheless (despite the pacing issues in the finale).

Last edited:
Just finished it, ****** hell man i am still recovering from noirs death
Like i am both sad and mad at the same time.
He had to have been a clone or something
Why did they do all this build up?

Also seeing maeve keeping up with HL was so satisfying

Was kinda hoping Hughie would teleport Soldier Boy.

It's a shame that Homelander hasn't used his flight to his advantage. Like dragging Soldier Boy to space.

Homelander the inflated balloon...I remember Maeve saying something like she could only last a few seconds against him. Wasn't Kimiko immediately affected by Soldier Boy's attack? Not sure how Maeve survive the fall if the same happened to her.

Hughie still has that vial of Temp-V leftover. My guess if that it'll be used some time in the future (Not by Hughie though, maybe Frenchie)

If he is actually dead though it would definitely be “subversive”. Pretty much the whole time he was voughts lap dog, but he survived. He may have been beaten by solider boy, but when he didn’t rebel he survived. Though the second he tries to stand up for himself he almost dies. And we see this again when he stands up against SB when he comes back, he is “killed” again.

Neat.

Now I wonder if Maeve would scale to this? I mean she was practically hugging SB when he detonated, so idk

The explosion comes from his stomach, she was literally hugging him, she definitely should scale unless i'm remembering it wrong and she was hugging his back on something

Last edited:
Maeve definitely scales to it.

Also while the depowerment does happen almost instantly, Kimiko did not become a bloodstain on the wall but was instead blown through it so we can assume its not exactly instantaneous.

Also it kinda shows that Homelander would also have survived a blast albeit he would now be depowered. But his body would still be intact.

Fair, but I think Butcher had to put in a bit more effort and it barely scratched SB.
Well the most starlight did was just stun sb for a second or two with her super charged attack and considering her powers are light based it's probably a bad idea to say that it was all because of the ap remember sb was entirely unharmed

Back