• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boxer: Some additions

I want to make few additions.

Vector Manip and Acrobatics:​

Ryu should have Acrobatics, his entire fighting style is about his flexibility to the point he can make impossible dodges and redirect attacks without any loss in speed and energy.

So on his profile alongside Limited Vector Manipulation (already accepted) he should have Acrobatics.

Characters like Yu and Siha have been shown to being able to replicate Ryu's techniques meaning their level of flexibility is comparable to him with Yu being able to replicate said moves even in bad situations and Siha being able to replicate them on a "lower level"; so, with a scaling chain like this Yu>Ryu>Siha, they all should have Acrobatics and Limited Vector Manip for the reasons I listed above.

To add consistency Yu showed to be capable of dodge sudden attacks even while he is moving forward at max speed.

How techniques work in the verse:​

Technique in The Boxer is treated as multiplier, it's said to multiply the physical stats of the athlete (which is something that happens IRL too).

Some examples are Yu that by using his monster stance he could speed blitz and KO Jean and Aaron who by using technique could make his punch disappear.

So I believe everyone should have an higher rating in both Ap and Attack Speed with technique.

Feats involving technique would scale to technique.

Feats not involving them would scale to the base stats of the characters, with technique upscaling from there.

NOTE: Durability logically scales to the AP they tank which is the AP caused by technique; Reaction speed of the characters won't scale to technique they dodge because they don't dodge them using reaction but using Analytical Prediction, Yu is an exception as he sees the world in slow motion allowing him to react to said punches so his reaction scales higher than technique; I also believe Jean should have the same thing as Yu since he could reach the same "realm" as Yu; Fabrizio with steroids should also scale in reaction to technique as the steroids allowed him to see incoming punches.

I'll make a list of the most important feats we use to scale the characters explaining if they fall under technique or not.

NOTE: Yu specifically should have his monster stance as another "higher" over his normal technique as it's presented as his "ultimate technique" that makes him push back Aaron even tho he couldn't make him flinch with any other attack and speed blitz characters like Jean who can see and dodge his other techniques.

I also believe everyone should take Statistic Amplification as by using techniques they can increase their AP and Attack Speed mid-fight.

Now I'll rephrase everyone justifications' to match this new additions:

Yu first key:

Attack Potency:
At least Street level, possibly Streel level+ (Casually beat down Ryu Baeksan who could fight off a professional Super Middleweight boxer,[8] the same boxer implying Ryu may have won the fight had it been outside a boxing ring.[8] Broke every single bone in Ryu Baeksan's body,[9] which would require at least this much energy, though this was done through multiple hits), higher with technique.

Speed: Subsonic (Comparable with Ryu who can appear as a blur against professional boxer), higher Attack Speed with technique (Could blitz Ryu), higher reaction speed (His perception of people moving is shown to be in slow motion)[1]

Yu second key:

Attack Potency:
At least Street level+ (Superior to Post-Time Skip Ryu who performed this), Wall level with technique (Comparable to Jean Pierre who was able to punch a hole into a punching bag,[15] which would take this much energy.), even higher with Monster Stance (Was capable of KO Jean with a single hit)

Speed: At least Subsonic, higher Attack Speed with technique (Can punch faster than a human can react. Faster than Jean Pierre, who could move this fast[16]), even higher with Monster Stance (Was being seemingly matched by Jean Pierre with some of his punches at first, however Jean couldn't react to his movement the moment Yu used his stance)[17], higher reaction speed

Yu third key

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Santorino Fabrizio using steroids, who was capable of tearing through multiple punching bags was stated to have no chance against Yu regardless of what tricks he used[19]), higher with steroids (Considerably stronger than before), higher with technique, even higher with Monster Stance.

Speed: At least Subsonic, higher with steroids (Much faster then before), higher Attack Speed with technique, even higher with Monster Stance, higher reaction speed

Yu fourth key:

Attack Potency: At least Wall level, At least Small Building level, likely higher with technique (Effortlessly took down multiple cruiserweight boxers in one hit, including Viktor Grigoryevich, who[20] fought[20] and[20] beat[20] a[20] grizzly bear, a Wild Boar, a charging Ox, a Kangaroo, and a Gorilla. This same Viktor Grigoryevich was capable of releasing this much energy), even higher with Monster Stance

Speed: At least Hypersonic (Faster than J who performed this), higher Attack Speed with technique, even higher with Monster Stance, higher reaction speed

NOTE: I'll make a small note for the fourth key as he suddenly jumps to small building with techniques, Yu was able to One Shot Viktor who has the Small Building feat tho he did that only by using a specific technique he saw Ryu do years ago, when we talk about his physical stats we see that Yu shouldn't match heavyweights boxers with his body alone so he uses his techniques (and dodging ability) to compensate.

Aaron:

Nothing changes, he already has this "higher with techniques".

Viktor:

Attack Potency: Small Building level (His punches can carry this much force), higher with Russian Hook

Speed: At least Subsonic (Can punch faster than a machine gun can eject its shells), higher Attack Speed with Russian Hook

Fabrizio:

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Even without a full dosage of steroids, he was capable of casually tearing through multiple punching bags, and doped his body further for his match against Yu[8]), higher with technique | At least Wall level (Fought his way to becoming Middleweight World Champion after his defeat, making him at least as strong as he was when he took steroids), higher with technique

Speed: At least Subsonic (Should be comparable to Yu), higher Attack Speed with techniques, higher reaction speed (steroids allowed him to see incoming punches) | At least Subsonic, higher Attack Speed with technique

Yuto:

Attack Potency:
At least Street level+, At least Wall level with technique (Should be superior to Jean Pierre), higher with Evolution (Should be comparable to his durability)

Speed: At least Subsonic, higher Attack Speed with technique (Should be comparable to Jean Pierre), higher with Evolution (Almost tagged Yu a few times)

Jean:

Attack Potency: At least Street level+ (As the previous Lightweight World Champion he should be at least superior to a beginning of the series Yu who was capable of effortlessly[6] beating down Ryu Baeksan[6] and is also superior to Post-Timeskip Ryu who did this, who would have been capable of defeating a professional Super Middleweight Boxer had their fight not been in a boxing ring[7]), higher with technique | At least Street level+, Wall level with technique (Punched a hole into a large sand bag[8] which would require this much energy)

Speed: At least Subsonic, higher Attack Speed with technique (Should at least be superior to a beginning of the series Yu who blitzed[9] Ryu Baeksan) | Subsonic, higher Attack Speed with technique (Was capable of moving this fast), higher reaction speed (Entered Yu's "realm" that allows him to percieve the world in slow motion)

Siha:

Attack Potency: Street level+ (Easily capable of defeating many professional boxers, some in a single attack.[2] Scales above Post-Timeskip Ryu Baeksan, who could defeat hordes of people even while injured and drugged[4] and did this, Possibly superior to beginning of series Yu in terms of physical strength), higher with technique

Speed: Subsonic (Scales fairly above many professional boxers, and Post-Timeskip Ryu), higher Attack Speed with technique

Ryu:

Attack Potency: At least Street level, possibly Streel level+, higher with technique (Would have won his fight against Cheol, who is ranked 3rd in super middleweight, if the fight didn't take place inside the ring, he can toy with athletes fighters even if they are above his weight class) | Streel level+ (Performed this feat), higher with technique

Speed: Subsonic (3rd ranked boxer in Super Middleweight stated that Ryu is quick, Ryu can also appear as a blur, could blitz Jay, was able to create various after images after becoming serious)
,higher Attack Speed with technique | Subsonic (Should be at least as fast as before even though his leg's injury doesn't allow him to constantly move as freely as he used to, could blitz a gangster while being drugged), higher Attack Speed with technique

NOTE: I forgot to say it but striking strength also take "higher with techniques" for obvious reasons.

Yu third key should lose Rage Power with steroids and have it replaced with Statistic Amplification, it doesn't make sense that with steroids he gets stronger because he is angry.

Yu and Jean should also lose his Enhanced Senses and add Perception Manipulation as the state they are in passively boost their perceptions of time.

Last edited:
I'll reply more properly later but for now
nobody should have vector manipulation
"Vector Manipulation is a subtype of applied Mathematics Manipulation. It is the power to manipulate the properties of objects described via vectors by modifying these vectors directly."

Unless someone has straight up fully supernatural powers that aren't Yu's slow mo then nobody should have this kind of stuff.

Additionally I disagree with Jean not scaling to his technique, because it isn't a technique but rather a state into which he got himself. He even says he needs to preserve "this feeling" when he enters the training hall next day to punch the hole in the sandbag. He entered a state of mind in which he is comparable to Yu's base in terms of reaction speed and such.

Additionally I'd like more evidence that the techniques weren't dodged with speed but Analytical prediction.

nobody should have vector manipulation
"Vector Manipulation is a subtype of applied Mathematics Manipulation. It is the power to manipulate the properties of objects described via vectors by modifying these vectors directly."

Unless someone has straight up fully supernatural powers that aren't Yu's slow mo then nobody should have this kind of stuff.
To be honest I'm not sure myself but it was accepted when I added Ryu's profile, I'll hear staff on this but if it gets removed then it's just acrobatics, if it doesn't get removed they all (yu, ryu and siha) should have it.
Additionally I disagree with Jean not scaling to his technique, because it isn't a technique but rather a state into which he got himself. He even says he needs to preserve "this feeling" when he enters the training hall next day to punch the hole in the sandbag. He entered a state of mind in which he is comparable to Yu's base in terms of reaction speed and such.
I assume you mean "Jean base speed doesn't scale to his techniques".

I'll try to explain further that state, because it only boost your perception speed and your technique.

K explains that state as giving you two things:

It even explains this state as why the perfection of technique is possible, from this alone we know that being in this state improves you techniques which as I explained are a multiplier, if a random thrown punch is 10 m/s then a well executed jab is 20 m/s (I used random numbers), once you are in this state tho you are capable of feeling even the smallest part of your body, when Jean reached this state, due to being in a life or death situation, he was able to feel his entire body to the smallest detail, now returning at the "perfection of technique" part, the author describes the perfection of technique as a scenario when every single part of your body moves perfectly with the perfect timing, so how does this state work? Since you can feel every single part of your body and you are able to control them then you are able to pull out a technique where everything is in perfect sync which is something you can't do if you don't have this deep feeling of your body; so since technique is a multiplier the better you perform it the higher the multiplier is therefore being in a state that allows you to reach the perfection of technique indeed boost your technique multiplier, that's exactly what happens in Jean feat, first he thought he would have died meaning he wouldn't have pulled the feat out without entering that state, tho after entering it he is able to blitz the dude with what I presume is a jab or a straight, what happened? we have entire panels of showing him starting to feel even the tiniest part of his body (scans above) which allowed him to improve his technique and increasing his technique multiplier.

If we make Jean's normal speed to that feat it means that state actively boost your stats and you will treat it as a super sayian multiplier but the context around this state it's way different and is explained in detail.

Another small detail is that what Jean does in that feat is similar to Yu's monster stance, they both are a blitz worth dash (Jean does it even from 10 m lol), so you can even say Jean's feat is a "mini monster stance" and we consider yu's one as technique so jean should follow a similar logic; when jean faces Yu's monster stance for the first time he even says "thank to the new me I know I'll die if I go in" implying he already experienced it, their stance is even similar, at this point I wonder if it should be added as an even "higher" to his other techniques.
Additionally I'd like more evidence that the techniques weren't dodged with speed but Analytical prediction.
Other than a statement that says it's impossible to react to a boxer punch and people reacting to them only in specific situations where their reaction speed is boosted?

The only people who have feats in reacting to punches are Yu and Fabrizio (for Jean isn't directly shown iirc but he is capable to), Yu because of his slow motion perception and Fabrizio thanks his steroids that boosted his perception/reaction speed.

Why would even a boxer bother to learn Analytical prediction if he just can react to the punches after they are thrown? In the moment I can effectively react to your punches there is now way for you to hit me since I would just keep seeing them after they are thrown (when they are at the highest speeds), and we have boxers like Siha who bother to info an the opponent to AnPr them after.

Anyway the fact you can't react to attack it's also an IRL concept of martial arts, punches fly at 10-14 m/s with kicks almost reaching subsonic speeds, you will never see someone reacting to an attack when it reaches it max speed, either they dodge by earlier movement or just aim dodge.

If you are curious you can watch this too.

Last edited:
I would give passive perception manip for Yu because of his slow motion thing

Something like Enhanced Senses and passive Perception Manipulation (Can piercieve the world in slow motion)

There's no enhanced senses that fits Yu's senses

Bro just went right into the thread after his "I want to make few additions.".

Also, I disagree with Vector Manipulation as well, it is literally manipulating directing of a mathematical vector, like force fields or acceleration applied, or it can include manipulation of magnitudes of such vectors as well.

The technique part and the rest seems fine though.

Something like Enhanced Senses and passive Perception Manipulation (Can piercieve the world in slow motion)

Isn't perception manipulation manipulating perception of your opponents and not yourself?

Isn't perception manipulation manipulating perception of your opponents and not yourself?
It also includes that yes

You can amplify your perception to see your opponents in slow motion, Like Sonic who can do that with "time break"

In Yu's case, It would be passive since it's active all the time

then just nuke Enhanced Senses and put Perception Manipulation, I'll add it

I really don't think there is a point to adding technique amps to every profile in the verse; it's redundant, as every Boxer not Aaron or Kasim is constantly using their techniques as their normal way of fighting. We only see raw no-skill fighting a few times.

This would be the same as giving Goku a tier 10 rating without Ki because he gets hurt by rocks but a tier 5 one with enhanced by Ki. He's always enhanced by Ki so there's literally no point. The only person who needs this is Aaron, and he already has it.

Neutral on the other shit.

I really don't think there is a point to adding technique amps to every profile in the verse; it's redundant, as every Boxer not Aaron or Kasim is constantly using their techniques as their normal way of fighting. We only see raw no-skill fighting a few times.

This would be the same as giving Goku a tier 10 rating without Ki because he gets hurt by rocks but a tier 5 one with enhanced by Ki. He's always enhanced by Ki so there's literally no point. The only person who needs this is Aaron, and he already has it.
The problem is that technique only scales the Attack Speed and nothing else so even if you don't want to add it the ratings should be something like this anyway:

Speed: X travel speed and reaction, higher Attack Speed.

If we consider the currents profiles anyone should be able to react and run at the same speed they punch as the speeds aren't separated, even tho they can't react to them and assuming they can run at those speeds without feats or reasons is also wrong; so I believe it's a change that should be done in a way or another as the speeds need to be separated.

Arceus makes sense regarding Vector Manipulation, but the rest look alright.

I’m…pretty sure you need more staff input than one vote. This isn’t exactly a “minor change” considering it’s affecting what seems to be every character in the verse, and is a pretty significant revamp to scaling by adding a dinsction between technique and non-techniques.

Anyway

I disagree with listing fighters who don’t get an explicit amp from their techniques as “higher” with techniques. Throwing a proper punch resulting in more damage being done is literally just how punching works irl. Techniques are meant to optimize the amount of force/momentum transmitted through your body as you strike. That’s why boxing teaches specific stances, methods of striking, etc.

I’m fine with the likes of Yu, and Aaron getting it, sure. But the rest are just following real-world physics. Granting them statistic amplification for it is silly, since literally every martial artist ever would also gain statistic amplification from that.

Last edited:
I’m…pretty sure you need more staff input than one vote. This isn’t exactly a “minor change” considering it’s affecting what seems to be every character in the verse, and is a pretty significant revamp to scaling by adding a dinsction between technique and non-techniques.
mmm... I thought it was, I apologize then, I'll reverse the edits.

I disagree with listing fighters who don’t get an explicit amp from their techniques as “higher” with techniques. Throwing a proper punch resulting in more damage being done is literally just how punching works irl. Techniques are meant to optimize the amount of force or momentum transmitted through your body as you strike. That’s why boxing teaches specific stances, methods of striking, etc.

I’m fine with the likes of Yu, and Aaron getting it, sure. But the rest are just following real-world physics. Granting them statistic amplification for it is silly, since literally every martial artist ever would also gain statistic amplification from that.
mmm... yeah I know it is how it works IRL too but in fiction this concept isn't always implemented in the serie so in most verses this "multiplier" isn't even a thing... In the boxer it is.

Also as I replied above even if you don't want to list this way they need their speeds separated anyway as reaction doesn't scale to how fast they punch (something like "Speed: Superhuman Travel speed and reaction, Subsonic combat speed/attack speed); as they are for now they can react to their own punches which i outright impossible as "human reaction can't outmatch a boxer punch", in a way or another the speed rating have to change.

EDIT: the statement also refers to everyone so even using it only to few characters is wrong

Completely unrelated but why is Ryu's profile named Ryu Baek

His name is Ryu Baeksan
not sure, when I made it I'm pretty sure I read "Ryu baek" somewhere but now I checked again and you are correct apparently;

can I change it myself or I have to ask staff to do it?

Thanks for noticing

mmm... yeah I know it is how it works IRL too but in fiction this concept isn't always implemented in the serie so in most verses this "multiplier" isn't even a thing... In the boxer it is.
Just because its not called into attention in most verses doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's just that most verses don't call attention to the mechanics of throwing a punch, unlike The Boxer. We assume a fictional universe follows the same general laws of physics that ours does, unless explicitly shown otherwise.

as reaction doesn't scale to how fast they punch (something like "Speed: Superhuman Travel speed and reaction, Subsonic combat speed/attack speed); as they are for now they can react to their own punches which i outright impossible as "human reaction can't outmatch a boxer punch", in a way or another the speed rating have to change.
I mean I'm fine if their attack speed is separated from their standard movement speed. I don't have any strong qualms against that. I just don't like listing them as "Higher via techniques" when not warranted.

EDIT: the statement also refers to everyone so even using it only to few characters is wrong
No one would get a Statistic Amplification from that statement alone. Yu explicitly has a "Monster State" that boosts his attack speed and power, which is separate from what any other boxer is shown to do in the series.

I actually don't think Aaron should have statistic amplification either, you're right about that. But he still gets a higher rating for his AP and Speed because unlike most other fighters there's an explicit distinction between how he usually fights and his technique state.

I mean I'm fine if their attack speed is separated from their standard movement speed. I don't have any strong qualms against that. I just don't like listing them as "Higher via techniques" when not warranted.
Well, It seems we agree on this.

Just to know, how would you word it?

"X speed (travel, reaction, combat), higher Attack Speed", like this or something else?

Also in your opinion, It would be Attack Speed or Combat Speed? I believe Attack Speed since it's Just the Speed of their punches and nothing else but I'm not sure if it falls in combat speed.

not sure, when I made it I'm pretty sure I read "Ryu baek" somewhere but now I checked again and you are correct apparently;

can I change it myself or I have to ask staff to do it?

Thanks for noticing
Thought I had commented already

If you haven't done so, you can ask to have the name changed here without needing a CRT

As for OP, I find myself in agreement with @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch

Thought I had commented already

If you haven't done so, you can ask to have the name changed here without needing a CRT

As for OP, I find myself in agreement with @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch
Thanks for the help, I asked for the name to be changed there.

About the thread, since @The_man_with_the_Midas_touch was fine with separating their speeds just not with "higher via technique":

1) if we won't word the speed as "higher Attack Speed with technique" how should we word it? just "higher Attack Speed" is better? With Attack Speed only feats, as I explained in the OP, to be scaled there and any other feat being scaled to their normal speed?

2) I also believe Yu needs his durability to get downgraded from Small Building as I stated in the Op due to this:
Yu shouldn't match heavyweights boxers with his body alone so he uses his techniques (and dodging ability) to compensate
He is directly stated to not being able ti withstand heavyweight punches so his durability should just be "Wall Level" or "Wall Level, possibly Small Building" at most, either one or the other.

3) I'm fine with not add any "higher" in the AP sections but Yu at bare minimum should have "higher with monster stance" as he could one shot Jean with that attack and he could push back Aaron even tho he couldn't make him flinch with any other attack; as for now he only has an "higher with Monster Stance" in Speed but I believe it also boost his AP and Striking Strength.

Also thanks for checking the CRT.

Last edited:
I also believe Yu needs his durability to get downgraded from Small Building as I stated in the Op due to this:
Dunno how I didn't notice this, but I don't believe this is sufficient reasoning to remove the rating. To withstand the force of his own punches, he would have to have 9-A durability at the very least. We already downscale him from the rating on his profile, so this really isn't necessary.
Him being able to one-shot Jean doesn't really mean anything because we don't know if Jean could even withstand Yu's normal punches, because before Yu entered the stance, neither him or Jean had landed a blow on each other.

Dunno how I didn't notice this, but I don't believe this is sufficient reasoning to remove the rating. To withstand the force of his own punches, he would have to have 9-A durability at the very least. We already downscale him from the rating on his profile, so this really isn't necessary.
I guess downscaling is also fine.
Him being able to one-shot Jean doesn't really mean anything because we don't know if Jean could even withstand Yu's normal punches, because before Yu entered the stance, neither him or Jean had landed a blow on each other.
What about pushing Aaron back?

Just to know, how would you word it?

"X speed (travel, reaction, combat), higher Attack Speed", like this or something else?

Also in your opinion, It would be Attack Speed or Combat Speed? I believe Attack Speed since it's Just the Speed of their punches and nothing else but I'm not sure if it falls in combat speed.
If it's solely the speed of their punches then I'm reasonably sure it would be just attack speed. Assuming it doesn't scale to their reactions.

Don't think it would scale to anyone's reactions bar Yu and... MAYBE Jean? Yu is noted to be the only one capable of reacting to punches without using Analytical Prediction, and Jean reached a similar realm to him, so I think those are the only two with full scaling.

Don't think it would scale to anyone's reactions bar Yu and... MAYBE Jean? Yu is noted to be the only one capable of reacting to punches without using Analytical Prediction, and Jean reached a similar realm to him, so I think those are the only two with full scaling.
They should both have "higher reaction", they see the punches in slow motion so it's indeed higher.

I believe Fabrizio with steroids should also have an "higher reaction", as he stated he could see Yu's punches, he even said "I feel like I could dodge bullets" when took the steroids for the first time, while it is probably hyperbolic it might still indicate a boost in his reaction speed.

yeah, in the OP I already talked about wanting to give both them this.

So unless there is something new I guess we'll just wait for Lephyr to check the reply I wrote above (which I edited based on what we said next) and that should be it if it gets approved.

Back