• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Black Swordsman vs the Perfect Swordsman

"Okay, I think it was around here somewhere..."

Kirito comes to a stop on a relatively flat patch of ground surrounded by green hills. He once again scans the letter he had received the previous morning, trying to determine if he followed the directions correctly.

Whoever wrote this is hopelessly old-fashioned. I can barely even make out this handwriting

"Excuse me..."

A quiet voice sounded behind Kirito, making him jump slightly. He turned and saw a strange individual standing a few meters away, having apparently arrived while he was reading. The newcomer stared listlessly into his eyes for a moment before continuing.

"Are you the Black Swordsman, Kirito? The one who received my letter of challenge?"

"Yes... And you're Sabi Hakuhei, I assume?"

The newcomer nodded slowly.

"Well, Kirito? Do you accept my challenge?"

"I don't see why not."

The white-haired figure immediately swept into a combat stance, unsheathing a strangely transparent sword in a movement so fluid that it looked inhuman.

"In that case... I'll make you fall for me, Black Swordsman."

Kirito drew his own swords in response, unable to keep himself from quietly mumbling:

"... So... cool..."

Sabi
Sabol
8-B keys and Standard Battle Assumptions, with the exception that they both have knowledge of the fact that their opponent is a skilled swordsman

Speed Equalized

Sabi matched Shichika, who has a similar technique in Hachiretsu, and could attack Kirito from afar with Sokuchiken and shockwaves.

While it isn't exactly clear, he seems to resort to shockwaves pretty quickly.

A lot. Incarnation is probability manip and reality warp. but it only activates if hes forced or losing a fight tho

Hmmm. If we assume that Kirito was able to force him to use Bakushukuchi (which he only uses on worthy opponents) then I don't think he'd have the chance. Iris is a speed-amping technique that lets someone go from being blitzed to feinting with afterimages, and Bakushukuchi is superior to that.

So if Kirito fights evenly with him initially, then Sabi starts amping, but if Sabi gets the upper hand first, Kirito could resort to Incarnation.

To elaborate on incarnation:

You know how at the end of Aincrad, Kirito didn't die when killed?

Basically, incarnation is just forcing a will onto reality to achieve ends such as that

So, if the fight really revs Kirito up, things will naturally bend in his favor. Nothing game breaking on it's own, but it's something worth noting.

As per the fight itse-

Notices that Sabi is on the same level of AP as An Incarnation of the Radius which he could barely damage or generally do anything to without extreme backup from his party

okay but why though

I mean, if him holding back is >something that absolutely floors Kirito, it's going to end very very poorly

I mean, does Kirito have a reason to get hyper willed up within the first few seconds of the match

Back