• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Beyonders (Marvel) vs the DC Comics Cosmic hierarchy

After killing LT and the rest of marvel cosmic.

The Beyonders trys to test Hypertime by killing all of the cosmology of DC.

But every evil and good cosmic beings and gods won't let them.

Who wins?

We had to use quite a lot of guesswork for several of the Presence's lower manifestations power levels, and metaverse level is a very wide category. However, beating a 16-dimensional entity should land them comfortably above Michael and Lucifer, and likely Mandrakk as well.

Maybe Yahweh pre-merger, if we scale him from Michael and Lucifer.

Antvasima said:
Maybe Yahweh pre-merger, if we scale him from Michael and Lucifer.
Would they also beat Great Evil Breast (Pre-Marger) and The Brothers Yin and Yang as well?

The Yin-Yang brothers are from Marvel and DC, but were only stated to be able to vaporise galaxies and were squashed like bugs by the Tribunal post-retcon. Given that the Beyonders killed the Tribunal, I doubt that the Yin-Yang brothers could pose a problem.

I don't know exactly how strong the Great Evil Beast is scaled to Yahweh?

Difficult to say, to be honest. It has been stated to The Great Evil Beast has curbstomped other entities such as Spectre with great ease, and was going to heaven to demand answers from The Presence in the Silver City. However, it met the Swamp Thing, who taught it the necessity of both light and dark.

When the Great Evil Beast extended its hand, "God" extended his, and the two merged together. It is unknown exactly which aspect of the Presence fused with the GEB (or perhaps it was the Presence itself).

That is the last we see of the GEB, so it's hard to qualify his standing in relation to Yahweh.

Well, I think that the Great Evil Beast returned in the Lucifer series, but I haven't read these issues myself.

You mean the current (New 52) series?

Because the GEB never appeared in the Vertigo series of Lucifer. However, the GEB is in continuity with the Lucifer series, since in the Sandman, we see that Lucifer has formed an alliance with Azazel and Beelzebub. This triumvate was initially formed as a deterrent against the GEB.

Really? I thought that this image that is currently used for the GEB was taken from the Lucifer series. In that case, where does it come from?

Btw: AfaIk there is no New 52 series with Lucifer in the main role.

No, it's certainly not from Lucifer. I'm fairly certain it's from Swamp Thing, but I can't remember which book and issue.

EDIT: Just checked. Here you go. The only appearances of the GEB have been in Swamp Thing.

EDIT #2: The Wikipedia link. American Gothic story line of the Swamp Thing.

Hmm. That does throw the rationale for the GEB's current ratings up into the air, as it was mistakenly powerscaled from Yahweh. Perhaps we should place it as "Unknown. Presumably either Hyperverse Level or Hyperverse Level+" or just "Unknown" instead then? On the other hand, defeating the Spectre with one finger is not particularly impressive, and would only require Low Hyperverse level power even if the Spectre was at its strongest, so maybe it should stay where it is after all?

Like I said, there is a lot of ambiguity surrounding the GEB. Some interpret the hand as the Presence's, others interpret it to be the Yahweh's (aka "God's"). There's absolutely no way of knowing for sure.

Another massive ambiguity is the handshake itself. Some take it to be a symbolic union, the amalgation of Light and Dark (Yin and Yang). Others interpret is as God being unable to directly beat it in combat (i.e. only way for God to beat it was to fuse with it). Personally, I believe the former, but again there's nothing to disprove the second interpretation.

Lastly, is the controversial origin story. The GEB is said to be the amalgation of the darkness that pre-dated creation. It is again unknown if this refer's to creations of the lower aspects of the Presence (i.e. Yahweh's creations), or if it precedes the Presence's creations. If so, it must be beyond dimensions, presumably a part of the Primal Monitor.

The GEB has also stated to be the Primordial shadow, the absence of God's light (here). Again, it is unknown if God refers to Yahweh or the Primal monitor, or the Presence itself. I sincerely do not know which Tier this character belongs to. He should be listed as Unknown Tier for the time being, and then changed later after a community discussion regarding its stats.

Okay. I will change the statistics to "Unknown".

That would be the best course of action at the moment, yes.

Back