• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Beast and David Dunn lifting strength and durability update.

If Hobbs and Shaw from 'The Fast and The Furious' are "at least Class 5", then both The Beast and David Dunn should be it too. Lifting strength feats (class 5): David (near-invulnerabiity) feels pain for the first time when The Beast hugs him; The Beast threw David more than 30ft away; David pried off the door of a car, even when the door was deformed and the car was upside down; David moved a van at least 3 feet, by just throwing a 180lbs object (The Beast) at it.

Also, I think their durability is way above "wall level" (at least "small building level"): no pain, no injuries, not even a scratch after a train/car accident; bullets cannot stop them, there are more powerful characters that cannot withstand bullets, but these 2 have WAY MORE durability than attack potency; they cracked a thick pillar by just hitting it and they didn't even feel it; The Beast was being hit in the head and neck with a baton and he barely felt it; David's punches could dent a van but they did no damage to The Beast (only pain), piercing damage resistance is insane, as knives are ineffective against them; they fell from a 3rd-4th floor and resumed their fight like it was nothing.

Thanks for reading.

I agree with it. Their lifting strength should be superior to the Fast and The Furious characters, and David's should be somewhat at least 9-B since he's bulletproof and can survived a huge crashes with no damage. The Beast can scale David too.

They have no 9-A feats. Everything you mentioned can be preformed with 9-B energy. As for the car it's not Class 5. The car itself only weighs about one ton and he flipped it rather than lifted/tossed it.

They already are that though. Unless you mean AP, then no. Neither could get pass the other's durability. So their AP is far lower than their endurance.

They may not reach 9-A level, but they are stronger than The Fast and The Furious characters for sure. Toretto, Hobbs and Shaw are 'Class 5', but David and The Beast aren't? I don't see any character in F&F flipping a car, let alone lifting the weight of 4-5 cars.

I still think that their durability is above Wall Level: 1)It may sound stupid, but I'm sure that if it was a wall inside the crashing train, it would be shattered...and David survived it unscathed. 2)David was able to dent a van (made of metal btw), but his punches couldn't really hurt The Beast...I can think of more than one 9-B character that would be hurt by that. 3)If everyone agrees that their durability is far higher than their AP (which is Wall Level), shouldn't their durability be Small building level per definition? 4)The simple fact that they're bulletproof (bullets are ineffective against them), while many Tier 7-8 characters aren't, should make them Small building level in terms of durability.

I know, but in F&F you find the typical strong, tuff and badass action characters. None of them can lift a car, but they're considered 'Class 5'. On the other hand you have David and The Beast, which are a superhero and supervillain respectively, and are considered the strongest beings in their universe. Are you guys telling me that Toretto can lift more than those two? That's my point.

On Dom Toretto's profile: "can break necks with force". On The Horde's profile: "casually crushed a human body; can crush spines with grip strength, which is superior to twisting necks).

The first one is a Class 5 but the second one is a Class 1?

The Furious characters can scale Hobbs's strength who can breifly pulled or hold a military Helicopter with one arm while holding a chain in Hobbs and Shaw.

Engine weight: 500 lbs (227 kg), being a Class 5, that means he could lift 22 engines. He was struggling with just one. Really?

I saw the movie, and that was just above strongman level of strength. I'm a petrolhead, the car is a Lykan, and the engine is on the back, the front is pretty light like most rear/mid engined sports cars. Sorry but than doesn't even compare to a car flip with 2 policemen inside.

I don't see any character in F&F flipping a car, let alone lifting the weight of 4-5 cars.

Class 5 is 1,000 to 5,000 kilograms. Its lifting one car. Flipping a car does not require Class 5 strength though, just Class 1.

it was a wall inside the crashing train, it would be shattered...and David survived it unscathed.

Depends on the wall really. Even then David's impact area was not shown and his best secondary durability feats are all wall level as well. There's no indication that he's 9-A.

shouldn't their durability be Small building level per definition

Not really. Wall level has a range of 1394.67x from the low end to the high end. They're durability could be multiple times higher than their AP and still be Wall level. There's just no feats or scaling backing such a rating

bulletproof (bullets are ineffective against them), while many Tier 7-8 characters aren't, should make them Small building level in terms of durability.

• You can be bulletproof and still be wall level
  • They have no actual bulletproof feats. Just statements and implications. The Beast for example had his skin penetrated from a shotgun round which caused a notable scar.

Qawsedf234, none of the F&F characters has ever lifted a car, Toretto just held the front part of a rear-engined car, which is actually pretty light. Even in WSM (World Strongest Man) competitions they do the same thing for at least 10 reps...but sure, holding it is more difficult...not even close to Class 5 tho.

In F&F5 there's a fight between Dom and Hobbs, the two broke some plaster and wooden walls during their encounter. In Glass, the fight between David and The Beast clearly shows way more power involved: tables flying, concrete pillars getting cracked, even in their profile it says they "violently shook the room".

The Beast send David flying more than 30ft in the air, there's no single character or feat in F&F that can scale to that. David moved a 2 ton van at least 2 feet by just throwing The Beast at it, and evey time he hit the Beast against it, the van moved. I think it's pretty obvious that the Eastrail 177 characters are more powerful than the F&F ones, but I guess it's just me.

Hobbs have class 5 feat where he pulls or hold the military helicopter in Hobbs and Shaw trailer and movie to prevent the vehicles from falling off the cliff. And The Furious characters scales him too after that. Helicopters are heavier than the cars.

Bichosfera-O said:
Qawsedf234, none of the F&F characters has ever lifted a car, Toretto just held the front part of a rear-engined car, which is actually pretty light. Even in WSM (World Strongest Man) competitions they do the same thing for at least 10 reps...but sure, holding it is more difficult...not even close to Class 5 tho.

In F&F5 there's a fight between Dom and Hobbs, the two broke some plaster and wooden walls during their encounter. In Glass, the fight between David and The Beast clearly shows way more power involved: tables flying, concrete pillars getting cracked, even in their profile it says they "violently shook the room".

The Beast send David flying more than 30ft in the air, there's no single character or feat in F&F that can scale to that. David moved a 2 ton van at least 2 feet by just throwing The Beast at it, and evey time he hit the Beast against it, the van moved. I think it's pretty obvious that the Eastrail 177 characters are more powerful than the F&F ones, but I guess it's just me.
Stop scaling characters from different series.

GojiBoyForever, I think the main objective of this Wikia is to find a universal way of measuring every possible character's capabilities. Comparing two 9-B characters is not that crazy. That's why we see the famous "speed was equalized" so often. If it was a Tier 9 against a Tier 6, now that would be stupid.

I will put it like this: The Beast has a victory against Bane, David has a victory against Jason Vorhees...I don't even remotely think Dom, Hobbs and Shaw are at this level.

I'm done. Thanks for the replies, guys, at least exchanging opinions was fun :)

Back