• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Metal Sonic 3.0 should take this since he's got Chaos Control while the avatar doesn't so he should be able to Time Stop spam

Genericstickman said:
Metal Sonic 3.0 should take this since he's got Chaos Control while the avatar doesn't so he should be able to Time Stop spam
Question about this. Does Metal Sonic's Chaos Control need a Chaos Emerald, since literally every single application of Chaos Control throughout the entire Sonic franchise requires the use of a Chaos Emerald? Because, if not, then this argument is null and void, especially since Eggman Nega has no real easy way to get a Chaos Emerald for Metal to use.

Upon research, Shadow appears to be a some kind of grey area in regards to Chaos Control. On one hand, it's claimed by the canon of the series, as well as one of the directors of the game during an interview, that Shadow cannot use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald. But, in Sonic Battle, Shadow was supposedly able to use Chaos Control without the use of any Chaos Emeralds, with dialogue in the game suggesting it has something to do with his memory of Maria.

Whatever the case, it'd probably be appropriate to assume the former for Metal Sonic.

Starter Pack said:
Upon research, Shadow appears to be a some kind of grey area in regards to Chaos Control. On one hand, it's claimed by the canon of the series, as well as one of the directors of the game during an interview, that Shadow cannot use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald. But, in Sonic Battle, Shadow was supposedly able to use Chaos Control without the use of any Chaos Emeralds, with dialogue in the game suggesting it has something to do with his memory of Maria.

Whatever the case, it'd probably be appropriate to assume the former for Metal Sonic.
If the feats contradict the statements then the feats hold the water. There's also Black Doom stating that "the Chaos Emeralds amplify the space-time powers of Chaos Control." Not enable, amplify. So Shadow can use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald, the Emeralds only make it more potent.

Basically for Shadow's Chaos Control applications.

What requires Chaos Emeralds:

-Dimensional travel

-Time travel

Can be done without Chaos Emeralds:

-Time stop

-Teleportation

-Spatial manipulation

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
If the feats contradict the statements then the feats hold the water. There's also Black Doom stating that "the Chaos Emeralds amplify the space-time powers of Chaos Control." Not enable, amplify. So Shadow can use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald, the Emeralds only make it more potent.
Not to be rude, but can I get a direct quote on that? Because from what I'm seeing from multiple places, Black Doom is saying that the Chaos Emeralds are amplifying his Chaos Control, meaning him specifically. And considering the fact that both he and Shadow share the same genes, it would make sense that both of them has similar capabilities of using Chaos Control without the Chaos Emeralds. I'd just like to see the direct quote of Black Doom talking about the amplification of the Chaos Control to confirm this.

"The Emeralds amplify the space-time control powers of Chaos Control."

Okay, fair enough. I suppose it may be possible for Metal Sonic to utilize Chaos Control in this way, especially after copying it from Shadow, since Black Doom specifically described them in this way. So, I'll rescind my argument for Metal needing a Chaos Emerald.

Back