• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

StorytellingDemonKing

God Universes
He/Him
The Asterisk War
Volume 10 CRT

Part 1 - AP and Speed Upgrades
Massively Hypersonic+ Combat and Reaction Speed

In earlier volumes, we got introduced to a character named Cecily Wong. She is from the Jie Long Seventh Institute and is known for her lightning speed and thunderous and lightning attacks:

This is important because Julis can react to her lightning attacks, and also dodges them:

And as the fight continued, Cecily ramped up the number of attacks. While it was more difficult to dodge, it was still possible. So, more proof of Lightning speed:

So, Julis, and anyone who scales to her in The Gryps will be upgraded to Massively Hypersonic+ Combat Speed and Reactions.

Speed’s relation to AP/Durability, and Upgrades to City level (7-B)

Next, I will talk about upgrades to the City level. However, we also have to understand how Prana works in the verse. This quote is from Volume 7:

Basically, speed is far more difficult to increase. So, if someone becomes 2x faster, they should be at least 2x stronger. (Only exception I could see happening is if a character specifically increases speed over AP/Durability, but that doesn’t happen for further arguments)

In Volume 10 we get this quote about Julis:

Julis had grown far stronger and now she can keep up with lightning-fast opponents, even though she couldn’t a year ago. Currently, The Pheonix Julis scales to Mach 23.3236152. If she can keep up with lightning attacks, and lightning-fast opponents, it also means she became fast enough to keep up with Mach 1282.798834 speeds. (Currently accepted lightning speed)

So, since AP/Durability is easier to increase compared to speed, it also means she became at least 54.999999914x stronger.

Because of this, Julis, and anyone who scales to her, should be upgraded to 7-B or 23.232840804 Megatons of TNT.

Damn, Julis carries this verse in terms of AP fr fr.

Part 2- Ability, Skill and other justification additions
Alright, next we can move on to general additions for the characters.

Kirin Toudou

Kirin gained the power of Clairvoyance with sheer skill. She can basically know what the opponent will do based on their mana/prana or generally energy, so this should be added:
Clairvoyance (Kirin can look into the "vein of life", or also known as clairvoyance[4] - the ability to read one's intentions, only discernable through their "energy." Xinglou describes it as mind reading, as opposed to Pan-Doras precognition.

Claudia Enfield

Claudia's intelligence should be expanded upon:
Claudia can make out the location of where the Jie Long twins were located at. While it isn’t on par with Ayato’s shiki state, she could still fight them off through illusion.

Julis Riessfield

Julis continues to create powerful techniques/special attacks, so let’s add them:
Grevillea: Julis creates 10 meter tall pillars of fire throughout the battlefield that can collide with other powerful attacks, such as Cecily’s lightning.
Epiphyllum: A trap Julis can lay down. It creates a huge orchard-shaped flower over her, and her teammates, heads to protect from flying opponents or generally attacks coming from the above, keeping them at bay.

Ayato Amagiri

Bro went full power, and now has even more techniques. Let's go!

First, he has a new section for the Amagiri Shinmei Style, known as Hidden Techniques, so that will be added. They include:

Crescent Carnage: Ayato launches himself at the opponent and performs a slice with a rounded arc that would cut through his opponent.

Also, another master technique:
Hornet Charge: After gouging his timing, Ayato twists his body and unleashes a powerful attack - or rather repeated thrusts, that can wear down shields, until they finally shatter.

Swordsmanship techniques weren't all that were revealed. More Grappling Style Techniques:
Grindstone Pommel: Ayato moves in on his opponent, diving forward with a diagonal slash from top to bottom, and slams the weapons hilt into their gut. The, using his free hand, he strikes his opponent's chin.

Ernest Fairclough

Finally, it's turn for the addition of the best character, Ernest.

Here is his Sandbox:

To summarize his changes:
  • Added 2nd quote under his image​
  • Upgraded to 7-B, and added more justifications to his AP and Speed​
  • Split his "Powers and Abilities" section into 2 (For himself, and when he uses Lei-Glems)​
  • Added more justification for his Stamina section (and increased it to Superhuman)​
  • Added a secondary Lux for his Standard Equipment section​
  • Massively overhauled his intelligence section and added more information​
  • Added new abilities and resistances​
So yeah, good amount of changes and additions.

Other Character Sandboxes

Here are other character Sandbox for you to go over, and maybe even compare to current profiles for the accepted changes:

Last edited:
Curious on Enest’s Reactive Evolution… When it said he became as powerful as full power Ayatollah, is it purely statistics? If so, then it would just be Accelerated Development as according to the Reactive Evolution page
Oh, yeah accelerated development also works. He was being at first push back with Ayatos raw speed and power and then he started fighting on equal footing.

Julis had grown far stronger and now she can keep up with lightning-fast opponents, even though she couldn’t a year ago. Currently, The Pheonix Julis scales to Mach 23.3236152. If she can keep up with lightning attacks, and lightning-fast opponents, it also means she became fast enough to keep up with Mach 1282.798834 speeds. (Currently accepted lightning speed)

So, since AP/Durability is easier to increase compared to speed, it also means she became at least 54.999999914x stronger.

Because of this, Julis, and anyone who scales to her, should be upgraded to 7-B or 23.232840804 Megatons of TNT.

I'm not sure we do it like this. Is there an actual multiplier? Because we don't add multipliers just because someone got better. Obviously if I go from subsonic to lightspeed, I got multiple times faster but unless it's a stated multiplier, we don't apply it like that to my knowledge but I could easily be wrong so if more staff/knowledgeable users think it's ok then I guess it's fine.

Other than that, everything else seems fine.

I'm not sure we do it like this. Is there an actual multiplier? Because we don't add multipliers just because someone got better. Obviously if I go from subsonic to lightspeed, I got multiple times faster but unless it's a stated multiplier, we don't apply it like that to my knowledge but I could easily be wrong so if more staff/knowledgeable users think it's ok then I guess it's fine.

Other than that, everything else seems fine.
I don't remember much but IIRC you can add multipliers from 1 statistic (such as speed) to other (such as ap in this case)if there is good reasoning. And I think I have provided sufficient evidence. And, I remember there being said something about simply being better at combat not working as a multiplier, but that's not really the case here so it should be fine. Julis did get many times faster after all, not just vaguely more dangerous as a fighter.

Since 48 hours have passed, and 2 staff members have agreed, and I've taken care of the small things pointed out earlier, I will start applying the changes.

Back