• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

StorytellingDemonKing

God Universes
He/Him
So, I've been contemplating something about The Asterisk War, and it's weather or not the current character profiles should stay. Now, I reworked Ayato's page and added every single other character, and even I now thing the pages are in a really poor quality.

IMO the biggest issue that I've made, is that the pages really only justify and reference Powers and Abilities section, rarely having scans or references for other statistics. I plan to rework the verse again, and for me it would be easier to simply restart from sratch.

However, the only questionable thing isn't just P&A section, but ratings and scaling is problematic as well. To give a few examples:

• Some of the calcs are inflated or have big mistakes that I didn't spot until recently. (Going through leaps and bounds of increasing the Hydra's size for the High 7-C rating even though there is a simpler and more consistent method, or not dividing the diameter into radius for Julis calc)
  • Ayato only has two keys which shouldn't be the case, there should be more since his main performance is revolved around his seals and limiting them to two keys makes it difficult to follow his weakness, that being the time limit
  • In volume 10 the author ****** over all of the scaling for other characters by quite literally saying Ayato's power never increased due to his growth through training stock pilling in his "full power", which is sealed. I don't want to explain it too deep but the general idea is that the verse has far slower growth and implications of being far weaker than they are rated now with Ayato and a few god-tiers dwarfing everyone else
  • The scaling becomes circular in some instances due to Ardy's and Rimcy's fusion. We scale characters to their full power even though it was barely survived at the time, and yet Ardy-Rimcy fusion is higher than that full power scaling
  • There is no basis for anyone besides Orphelia scaling to Julis High 7-C calc due to her never using it in arena and there being heavy implications it would 1 shot even Ayato. Which is why she never uses it in arena. (Orphelia scales due to just being built differently lol)
  • Using invalid multipliers and not following the standards which guts the 7-B ratings completely
So yeah, those are just a few of potentially many mistakes, and I will try to rectify them by starting from scratch. But why exactly that? Because it's easier for me lol (Haven't read the series in months so idk where to even start from, so just start from the beginning)

Note: The verse page itself will remain since it's, IMO, pretty well made and has a lot of needed information. Just the characters go and I will be making CRT's volume by volume to update/remake the profiles.

Is it really fine to just delete outdated things to work em from scratch? Well.. that sounds useful.

You could have always just gotten the profiles done first but sure if that's fine with the wiki.

I'd be fine with this. I would normally be more skeptical over whether pages were of a low enough quality to justify deleting them and starting from scratch instead of just revising them. However, if the creator of most of the pages for the verse can attest to the fact that it would be the easier option, then I don't have an issue with it.

Back