• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Archiver tiering CRT 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
It comes from this statement. So basically the world is built upon an "endless" series of chances. (Said chances being important as the world has a universe for each possibility).

adjective: endless

having or seeming to have no end or limit.

Which is the exact same as "infinite", both express the lack of "end" to something. (Infinite being "not finite". Finite being "has an end").

adjective: infinite

limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate.

They are synonymous.

This is because last time i brought this up, "endless" was treated as 2-B. Which is a very wrong, i believe this came because of "endless" being treated as "growing forever without end". However there is a very big difference between endless and endlessly growing which we should consider.

So i would like your opinion on this which would put the number of universes at "endless/infinite". So putting The Archiver at 2-A. Though if that seems a bit iffy i am fine with keeping the 2-B tier too and having 2-A as a possibility. I am fine with either solution.

Treating "endless" as just 2-B is a bit odd to me but I understand one of the issues would be the "having or seeming to have no end or limit." This is why saying infinite is better than endless since something could seem "endless" but just be long as hell.

I fine with possibly 2-A honestly.

Tell me in which chapter (and volume) you received this scan with "endless" thing. I will check the raw material.

Considering, as said on discord, endless universes don't count as 2-A, just something like "At least 2-B", unless the original text said something different, I'm not seeing 2-A

Why don't "Endless Universes" count as 2-A?

I understand that "Endlessly increasing universes" would only be 2-B, and that "Endless" is generally too vague of a term contextually to use (like, say, saying something "stretches on endlessly" doesn't always mean it's infinite in size).

But having an actual statement that there are literally endless universes means that there is no limit to the amount of universes there are; it can't be quantified with a finite number, and is therefore infinite.

I am not against endless being 2-A with proper contexts but I want to see what the raws scans said on the endless statement which DarkLK looks like he will do so I wait for his responses.

Endless does not necessarily mean infinite. It can be literal or hyperbolic to describe a number that's so large that you can't finish counting it, thus making it seem like it has no end to it. 2-A verses should have outright statements of infinite universes, otherwise endless would just be 2-B.

Elizhaa said:
I am not against endless being 2-A with proper contexts but I want to see what the raws scans said on the endless statement which DarkLK looks like he will do so I wait for his responses.
Unfortunately, there was some problem with finding the raws. I will answer when I find something.

Anything can be hyperbolic depending on the context it's used in. The difference between using "infinite" and "endless" or "countless" is that infinite has a definitive value, countless and endless do not.

Doorinmyhouse said:
I agree with 2-A too, how many does this affect other than the Archiver?
Everyone with logic from the archiver. So Ban, Akabane, Witch Queen and Ginji (there is 1 more in total but doesn't have a profile yet).

But that's only for their hax, not AP (except for Ginji Amano's last key).

That doesn't exactly say that they had a single beginning. That is just a graph to say that the universes are based off of people having made different choices.

not sayng they have a single beginnig, but apparantly universes branching off means they have a beginning, which supposedly debunks them from being 2-A. For some reason

That's what i said, what he's saying is that there are different dimensions that are based off of people having made different choices. Not that they branch.

>infinitely folded chances

Yeah, this doesn't sound like the branching at all. From the raw, what I see is that the infinite chances are already there, but folded.

yes, and Paradox says that the number of universes continues to infinity, and then follows up by saying that every paralel timeline are every bit as real as the main timeline.

Paradox never at any point say that the amount of timelines will eventually be infinite or that it increases in time, but that's what people assumed basesd on the fact that the timelines are branching, exactly like Makubex said in GB.

The last was basically about which future they would take. Here is Ginji as Lord of Creation (Archiver properties, he basically becomes capable of controlling the archiver) stating this.

Ok so im back. I asked ShiroyashaGinSa to translate the whole part. And the translation is:

"If the infinite stacking coincidence created this world... And it's fragments one by one will become human..."

So i am unsure. This translation would give a 2-A rating. Where as previously it would have been 2-B. So...idk anymore.

Does "likely 2-B, possibly 2-A" sound fair?

Wouldn't DarkLK's translation be more leaning towards 2-B doe? With "infinitely folded" (could be both, but it does sound like it's saying infinitely increasing, same as how folding a paper continuously increases).

Where as this would be a more clear 2-A.

I mean, it says folded not folding, so I don't see why we should make an unnecessary assumption. And even Shiroyasha's translation says there's infinite coincidences, I really don't see the need to put 2-B there.

Hmm, fair point.

Last thing, how high into 2-A would infinite "conicidences" be? Since they're events rather than possibilities:

infinite stacking coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back