• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Answer Lies in the Heat of the Oven - Ryu vs Peppino (8-0-0)

d2a.gif

057.gif

Fight takes place 5m apart atop Pizza Tower
SFIV Ryu and Base Peppino are being used.
Speed Equal

Ryu from Streets (Above 448 megajoules): 8 (SamanPatou, Knifeman, MaidRips, Atorimachi, Stillwinston, Gohan, Tony, Mario)
"I always Hate-a Dis Part. OOOAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!" (440.9 megajoules normally, 881.8 megajoules with Mach Run and Body Slam):

Fight Theme

Last edited:
I feel like Ryu has got almost everything covered, being able to either counter all Peppino does or do it better.

• Hand to hand: No need to explain
  • Acrobatics: He has better options and is used to fight characters who pull off the same maneuver and in more impressive manners.
  • Peppino's attacks based on throws and chomps are hardly countered by the massive LS advantage and by Ryu also having experience against characters using such tactics and in better ways.
  • The charge is powerful but not by a devastating amount and Ryu should either be able to easily deal with it (since it's just a ram) or stop it with LS
  • Ryu's got better ranged options and he frequently trains with Dhalsim, who stretch his limbs much more
  • Ryu's heat-based attacks surpass Peppino's resistance.
  • Peppino's rage power puts him to 8-C, but still within a 3x multiplier, while Ryu's makes him High 7-A.
Peppino's elasticity, regeneration and most of all stamina could be problematic (or rather annoying), but he still takes damage nonetheless.
Peppino's got attack reflection, but Ryu's a master of parrier and projectiles. Coupled with such ability being rather common in the verse, I don't see it being too difficult to circumvent.

The location doesn't really favor neither of them, but Ryu's used to fight in weird places, and it being a tower could give him the chance to yeet Peppino away in case he needs it.

You don't have to apogolize, I wasn't pressuring you in the slightest, I only wanted to say that there's no need to wait for grace anymore.

Back