• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have plenty of additions I want to add to characters from The Amazing World of Gumball.

Gumball Watterson
The power rankings for Gumball only address one of Gumball's portrayals. It addresses the wacky cartoonish portrayal. Gumball has another consistent portrayal of being a weak loser middle school student. This is a portrayal that shows that The Amazing World of Gumball has realistic elements along with its zaniness. Other people and Gumball himself describe him as frail, and Gumball wasn't able to overpower Teri who is as weak as paper. I think Gumball should vary from below average human level to his small building level portrayal, just for the sake of fully representing his character on the VS Battles Wiki.

Speaking of his small building level portrayal, I think a good supporting feat to include in Gumball's profile is that he was unfazed by being thrown out of a window at the top floor of his school into a car.

Darwin Watterson
Darwin should be multi-city block level via allergic reaction sneezing. Darwin's sneezing was way stronger than the other members of his family, one sneeze was able to destroy many houses, and another sneeze was able to push the entire neighborhood further into the ground. Darwin's sneezing might even be way stronger in fact, but it would need to be calculated. Darwin accidentally sneezed the Banana family from California (where Elmore is located) to China, across the North Pacific Ocean. Of course, Darwin's sneezing doesn't scale to anyone, since it's stronger than the characters around him, and even overwhelms himself.

Ocho Tootmorsel
I'm surprised that Ocho's profile currently completely ignores the Konami Code for some reason. Not only him knowing about this make him fourth wall aware, this also grants him many abilities that aren't listed right now because the Konami Code isn't acknowledged. This should be added the Ocho's profile: "Using the Konami Code: limited Reality Warping (Cheats at real life using this technique which gives him an advantage depending on the situation he's in), Creation (Got a snack from a vending machine by making a block appear with money inside it), Statistics Amplification (Won a race by turning faster and stronger than usual), Spatial Manipulation/Data Manipulation (When Gumball tried using the Konami Code, he didn't know how to use the power, and accidentally made reality around him glitch)".

Alan Keane
I explained what I want changed in a different thread, but it was barely acknowledged, so I figured I should merge this proposition with a thread about more popular characters in order to increase its chances of being seen. Anyway, I often like to spiffy up profiles, and I spiffied Alan's profile so much that I pretty much remade the entire page, so I need to know if the changes are good or not. To be honest, the original profile did a vague job at representing Alan's character, and pretty much was only created to note the abilities he gets when he loses faith in the world. The revision is currently on a blog post of mine, and is ready to be checked.

Pretty sure we removed 10-C Gumball due to it being a massive downplay. He may be inconsistent, but he’s has been shown more times to do superhuman feats.

Darwin’s sneeze appears to break KE rules since there was literally zero damage done to the ground when the Banana family landed.

Everything else is fine.

actuallyI think about it a bit, the whole series is nonsense and does not respect anything, any logic or physics, with the first I am fine, the second I am also fine although it is better to calculate darwin's sneezes (although of course about the bananas being flown to china i don't know how much you need for that)

i dont think multi-city block can be assumed, you should get darwins various sneeze feats calced, everything else im fine with though
I was estimating, so yeah it would be better for them to all be calculated.
Pretty sure we removed 10-C Gumball due to it being a massive downplay. He may be inconsistent, but he’s has been shown more times to do superhuman feats.

Darwin’s sneeze appears to break KE rules since there was literally zero damage done to the ground when the Banana family landed.

Everything else is fine.
If Gumball was formerly 10-C exclusively, then of course it was downplay, since that ignores his wacky cartoonish portrayal, but now his profile ignores his realistic loser portrayal. I was thinking both can be listed, like how the power of Timmy Turner is currently listed. This one isn't very important to me so it doesn't matter if it doesn't get accepted.
I don't see what you mean in the list of rules for these kinds of feats, but you're good at calculations so you're probably right. However, a "higher" rank is still deserved for Darwin's sneezing with the evidence I showed, so I'll add that instead.

Ehhhh, I'm not on board with 10-C Gumball. I understand Gumball is incredibly lazy and easily gets beaten up by a majority of the characters a lot, but it doesn't flow right with me. I guess it's because I was the one who removed 10-C SpongeBob for various reasons, I dunno.

Also, are you sure Darwin's sneeze wouldn't scale to anybody else? Gumball tanked Darwin's most powerful sneeze with no injuries

Last edited:
Ehhhh, I'm not on board with 10-C Gumball. I understand Gumball is incredibly lazy and easily gets beaten up by a majority of the characters a lot, but it doesn't flow right with me. I guess it's because I was the one who removed 10-C SpongeBob for various reasons, I dunno.

Also, are you sure Darwin's sneeze wouldn't scale to anybody else? Gumball tanked Darwin's most powerful sneeze with no injuries
I don't look at Spongebob revisions but I'm pretty sure they were only tier 10 at one point because of prejudice based on their size right? I don't mind Gumball not having this additional rank listed since it's not very important, but I was thinking it would be in the same manner as how Timmy Turner currently has his power ranked. He varies from his weakling portrayal to one that has a feat getting him to a higher tier.
Gumball clearly got overpowered by the sneeze so I'm iffy about scaling him to it. If he were comparable to the sneeze I don't think it would stretch his whole body followed by him gasping after it was over. It's safer to consider Darwin's sneezing stronger than the normal power most characters have due to the other occurrences where the sneezing was a very dangerous conflict.

Everything is fine except Gumball's AP thing. When serious, he's fully capable of fighting Rob in close quarters combat. Feats lower than human level are usually gag feats and shouldn't be taken as his usual strength level.

Everything is fine except Gumball's AP thing. When serious, he's fully capable of fighting Rob in close quarters combat. Feats lower than human level are usually gag feats and shouldn't be taken as his usual strength level.
Thanks! I think the revisions that were agreed on can be implemented now. I won't add the variable 10-C rank for Gumball, but I would still like the page to be (temporarily) unlocked in order add the extra evidence of him being super durable that I mentioned.

I disagree with making me 10-c xD

But i agree with everything else FRA
But does having knowledge of the konami code grant 4th wall awareness?
Granted the verse literally swims in this stuff.
But I dont think this specific argument should be used.

I disagree with making me 10-c xD

But i agree with everything else FRA
But does having knowledge of the konami code grant 4th wall awareness?
Granted the verse literally swims in this stuff.
But I dont think this specific argument should be used.
You're a bit too late, since I just made the edits. I'll answer anyway. Although "the verse literally swims in this stuff", it's often in the sense that the characters are fourth wall aware. It's not Undertale where doing something like saving and loading is a canonical aspect within the game and its world. With The Amazing World of Gumball, it's often in reference to the real world in contrast to the world of the characters.

You're a bit too late, since I just made the edits. I'll answer anyway. Although "the verse literally swims in this stuff", it's often in the sense that the characters are fourth wall aware. It's not Undertale where doing something like saving and loading is a canonical aspect within the game and its world. With The Amazing World of Gumball, it's often in reference to the real world in contrast to the world of the characters.
Yeah that works

Hello.

As I already mentioned elsewhere, this does not seem like Ocho legitimately knows that he is a fictional character by addressing the audience.

It seems very suspicious to me, as the relevant Konami games could just exist within the verse. It seems much safer to strictly consider it as reality warping.

Hello.

As I already mentioned elsewhere, this does not seem like Ocho legitimately knows that he is a fictional character by addressing the audience.

It seems very suspicious to me, as the relevant Konami games could just exist within the verse. It seems much safer to strictly consider it as reality warping.

I'll put my answer here, also as mentioned elsewhere. Ocho's fourth wall awareness stems from how he knows how to use cheat codes in his world as if it was a video game. Even assuming that the Konami Code exists as fiction within The Amazing World of Gumball, the way Ocho used the cheat code has it portrayed as beyond The Amazing World of Gumball, so Ocho using it should mean that he discovered that his world is fictional. Like how Ocho used the cheat code, if humans in real life tested if the Konami Code works in real life or not, and it actually ended up working for some reason, then they'd deduce that life is a simulation similar to the fiction that they discovered the cheat code from, making them fourth wall aware.

Okay. I suppose that it is probably fine then, but the reasoning preferably needs to be better explained in a footnote in the Ocho profile page.

Okay. I suppose that it is probably fine then, but the reasoning preferably needs to be better explained in a footnote in the Ocho profile page.
When you first messaged me about the justification for Ocho's fourth wall awareness, I did realize that the description I put was very vague, so I did update it. Just now I reworded it again, because it's good to be more specific. How does it look?
(https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ocho_Tootmorsel?diff=next&oldid=7547599)

It isn't good enough. The way you word it does just make it sound like standard reality warping, and I do not have any good specific suggestions for improvements.

It isn't good enough. The way you word it does just make it sound like standard reality warping, and I do not have any good specific suggestions for improvements.
I'm surprised that what I wrote still isn't enough when the reality warping itself has to do with treating the reality as a video game (which is fiction), which I wrote in the update to the description. I'm especially surprised since Ocho says the inputs "A, B" despite not having a controller with him, making this even more clear. If I added that to the profile as well, would it be enough to pass as clear fourth wall awareness?

You need to prove that he knows that he explicitly knows that he is fictional and does not simply randomly use a quirk of his setting, and speculating that he is living in a computer game when he is really a cartoon character doesn't count.

@Damage3245

Would you be willing to help out here please?

You need to prove that he knows that he explicitly knows that he is fictional and does not simply randomly use a quirk of his setting, and speculating that he is living in a computer game when he is really a cartoon character doesn't count.
It hasn't been deliberately clarified that Ocho is fourth wall aware, but I thought my justification was good proof. I'm not sure what you mean by Ocho using a quirk of his setting. If you mean that this is something that has to do with the way The Amazing World of Gumball works rather than how Ocho works, I'm pretty sure Ocho's knowledge of how to use cheat codes in real life is special to him since he is the character in the series with many video game attributes special to him. The only other character that used the cheat code was Gumball, and that's because he saw Ocho do it, and Gumball couldn't even use it properly despite doing the correct inputs.

The point is that it has to be explicitly specified that he is aware or we are using guesswork, and that is unacceptable.

My apologies, but that part of this revision has been officially rejected, and you need to remove it.

The point is that it has to be explicitly specified that he is aware or we are using guesswork, and that is unacceptable.

My apologies, but that part of this revision has been officially rejected, and you need to remove it.
In between my last message and this one, I have found that the idea of Ocho having fourth wall awareness is even more questionable than I thought before. However, for good measure, before I skip straight to removing it, how about a compromise? Downgrading the fourth wall awareness to "likely" the case rather than definitely the case and adding a point against it its explanation? (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ocho_Tootmorsel?diff=7552262&oldid=7551172.) I don't mind outright removing though, if I really need to.

I don't think that the evidence is good enough for that. Maybe "Possibly Fourth Wall Awareness", but it still seems too unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back