• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Idk what you're saying here, but if this works like a video game, then it definitely is reloading.
This is not s video game, is meant to be a cartoon show.
Gooseworx was not making this comment in regards to worldbuilding anyway, and trying to use this to make Caine create infintiely (he cant) is too much of a stretch.
is not even a stretch, because he created that thing fot Zooble

Ah, yeah but where is the statements saying that he didn't create them?
That is asking for proof of a negative, like asking us to prove that there aren't purple-polka-dotted insects in real life, or to prove that there's a small teapot orbiting the sun.

We literally have the kind of fallacy you just used as 1 of the kinds on our fallacies page:

3. Burden of proof fallacy

This is when someone attempts to make someone else prove a claim when the burden of proof is really on them to prove it. The burden of proof is always on the positive claim, and the person who makes the claim.

Example:

"Goku is faster than light speed because you can't prove he's not!"

In this case, the person in the example makes a claim (Goku is FTL), and without providing evidence for it himself, he asks his opponent to prove him wrong. In reality, the person who made that claim would be the one required to prove it.

Outdated example aside, you can see the issue.
The burden of proof is for you to to prove he DID create them, not for others to prove he didn't, as that he did create is the positive claim, & thus the one which requires evidence.
This is not s video game, is meant to be a cartoon show.
It is meant to imitate a video game! You know that!
IIRC, it's stated to be modeled on old computer video games aesthetically.
The intro shows us at the title screen before the camera moves into the world, at which point the graphical fidelity/quality increases, as though entering a video game; It's less pixelated because the audience is now truly in what was depicted, rather than just viewing a simulation of that world via computer.

& in the intro, we see a brightly lit monitor, after a zoom out from the Void, indicating that the series depicts something running on a computer. Like a video game.
We also see & hear reloading during the part of the intro with the spinning ring of floating objects. That wouldn't happen in-universe if this was something prerecorded like a film.
is not even a stretch, because he created that thing fot Zooble
Just because someone creates something that can spawn an infinite amount of times doesn't mean they created an infinite mass.

If there's a 5 kg bag that can you can shake for gold coins & you can do that infinite time, the bag doesn't weigh infinite mass, nor do we say there are an infinite quantity of coins present. At best, you could make a countably infinite amount of coins, but that requires infinite time.

The same is true of a bag of any other weight, including unspecified, & this is analogous to the Zooble Box.

That is asking for proof of a negative, like asking us to prove that there aren't purple-polka-dotted insects in real life, or to prove that there's a small teapot orbiting the sun.

We literally have the kind of fallacy you just used as 1 of the kinds on our fallacies page:

3. Burden of proof fallacy

This is when someone attempts to make someone else prove a claim when the burden of proof is really on them to prove it. The burden of proof is always on the positive claim, and the person who makes the claim.

Example:

"Goku is faster than light speed because you can't prove he's not!"

In this case, the person in the example makes a claim (Goku is FTL), and without providing evidence for it himself, he asks his opponent to prove him wrong. In reality, the person who made that claim would be the one required to prove it.

Outdated example aside, you can see the issue.
The burden of proof is for you to to prove he DID create them, not for others to prove he didn't, as that he did create is the positive claim, & thus the one which requires evidence.
1.he says himself he made this adventures, who else would be?Bubble???
It is meant to imitate a video game! You know that!
IIRC, it's stated to be modeled on old computer video games aesthetically.
The intro shows us at the title screen before the camera moves into the world, at which point the graphical fidelity/quality increases, as though entering a video game; It's less pixelated because the audience is now truly in what was depicted, rather than just viewing a simulation of that world via computer.

& in the intro, we see a brightly lit monitor, after a zoom out from the Void, indicating that the series depicts something running on a computer. Like a video game.
We also see & hear reloading during the part of the intro with the spinning ring of floating objects. That wouldn't happen in-universe if this was something prerecorded like a film.
Ah fair point
Just because someone creates something that can spawn an infinite amount of times doesn't mean they created an infinite mass.

If there's a 5 kg bag that can you can shake for gold coins & you can do that infinite time, the bag doesn't weigh infinite mass, nor do we say there are an infinite quantity of coins present. At best, you could make a countably infinite amount of coins, but that requires infinite time.

The same is true of a bag of any other weight, including unspecified, & this is analogous to the Zooble Box.
it never says it spawns them, it has them already by default

1.he says himself he made this adventures, who else would be?Bubble???
Now you're taking my words out of context. Quoting myself for context:
The concern is the words.
What was meant by the creator of the show when they said "has no end".
& such phrasing doesn't only apply to armies, its also used for other things. It's reasonable GW was using it in the same way here. "No matter how many parts Zooble pulls out, new ones will appear in their place.".

We don't know for certain that they're inside of it - Nothing has officially confirmed that to be canon, IIRC. We've only seen a headset with no one present.
In theory, if it is extremely advanced technology, they could be simulations of the human mind, copied from the original humans.
Or the minds could be "external" in that they're from a different program Caine can't access.

You say "bigger than it seems", but I've seen shots where the circus seems quite tall, & I doubt that carousel tower was more than a few dozen Pomnis tall.
In theory it could fit in the circus.

Though, I will agree the circus has nonlinear (Is that the word?) structures, like with the exit door. Adventures are connected to by portals, etc.

Caine also gets rid of NPCs that enter the circus because he has difficulty telling NPCs from humans. Reasonably, he wouldn't want to have too much present to keep track of at one time.

The point was we don't know if he made:

A. A box that has a currently infinite quantity of already present Zooble Parts in it.
B. A box that can create Zooble Parts an infinite number of times.

With Caine not wanting to lose track of the humans, hence his delete NPCs on sight stance, he'd probably choose B.
Plus, the case of B aligns with how "has no end" is generally used.
Ah fair point
Thank you very much.
it never says it spawns them, it has them already by default
It never says it doesn't spawn them, either.
& we've only seen a single shot of the box, glowing & rotating.
Logically, Zooble would reach in the box, take 1 or more part(s) out & never find an end to the supply of parts to pick from, because it creates more whenever it runs out.
If there was an actual infinite quantity already present, it'd overflow & flood the circus &/or the box would have infinite mass, among other issues.

We haven't seen proof of either of that there's an already presently infinite supply or that it resupplies whenever parts are taken out, because we haven't seen the box being taken out.

Now you're taking my words out of context. Quoting myself for context:
The concern is the words.
What was meant by the creator of the show when they said "has no end".
& such phrasing doesn't only apply to armies, its also used for other things. It's reasonable GW was using it in the same way here. "No matter how many parts Zooble pulls out, new ones will appear in their place.".

We don't know for certain that they're inside of it - Nothing has officially confirmed that to be canon, IIRC. We've only seen a headset with no one present.
In theory, if it is extremely advanced technology, they could be simulations of the human mind, copied from the original humans.
Or the minds could be "external" in that they're from a different program Caine can't access.

You say "bigger than it seems", but I've seen shots where the circus seems quite tall, & I doubt that carousel tower was more than a few dozen Pomnis tall.
In theory it could fit in the circus.

Though, I will agree the circus has nonlinear (Is that the word?) structures, like with the exit door. Adventures are connected to by portals, etc.

Caine also gets rid of NPCs that enter the circus because he has difficulty telling NPCs from humans. Reasonably, he wouldn't want to have too much present to keep track of at one time.

The point was we don't know if he made:

A. A box that has a currently infinite quantity of already present Zooble Parts in it.
B. A box that can create Zooble Parts an infinite number of times.

With Caine not wanting to lose track of the humans, hence his delete NPCs on sight stance, he'd probably choose B.
Plus, the case of B aligns with how "has no end" is generally used.
The example with Npc is different Because NPC can very much act like real players, and Caine would not be able to tell the difference between real or not real player.
Thank you very much.

It never says it doesn't spawn them, either.
& we've only seen a single shot of the box, glowing & rotating.
Logically, Zooble would reach in the box, take 1 or more part(s) out & never find an end to the supply of parts to pick from, because it creates more whenever it runs out.
If there was an actual infinite quantity already present, it'd overflow & flood the circus &/or the box would have infinite mass, among other issues
We haven't seen proof of either of that there's an already presently infinite supply or that it resupplies whenever parts are taken out, because we haven't seen the box being taken out.
I still i am believing that Caine should get something for creating the box

The example with Npc is different Because NPC can very much act like real players, and Caine would not be able to tell the difference between real or not real player.

I still i am believing that Caine should get something for creating the box
I think that I understand how you feel, but I don't think we have enough evidence to claim it's a "creating infinite mass" feat.
There's not enough evidence, & I'd say our standards require more.

We haven't seen the box in the same shot as anyone, we haven't seen it being moved, the only info about its quantity of parts is a brief statement by the creator on social media, & we only know that Zooble has used it a lot.
I don't think there's enough information to use it as justification for a rating yet.

I think that I understand how you feel, but I don't think we have enough evidence to claim it's a "creating infinite mass" feat.
There's not enough evidence, & I'd say our standards require more.

We haven't seen the box in the same shot as anyone, we haven't seen it being moved, the only info about its quantity of parts is a brief statement by the creator on social media, & we only know that Zooble has used it a lot.
I don't think there's enough information to use it as justification for a rating yet.
Mierda

Back