• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The 1-A Saint Seiya Upgrade

This is the problem, it does not provide anything about the Underworld, it only indicates that the Underworld is a different dimension and that the 8th sense is needed to see in that world, because this sense allows the Saints to see in other dimensions such as the Underworld.
Yes this important context

because its saying to reach this domain you need to leave the notion of space and time, and elevate your senses to a higher plane and leave a "thin membrane."

Thats pretty important cosmological context which is backed up by other canons.

How many underworlds does the series have, are there parallel versions of Hades and his underworld or is there just one

Yes this important context

because its saying to reach this domain you need to leave the notion of space and time, and elevate your senses to a higher plane and leave a "thin membrane."

No, it never describes that in the story. Everything about the 8th Sense is described on a mental plane, the consciousness of man and how it expands at the moment of reaching enlightenment or the 8th Sense. Asmita only raised his consciousness to reach the same level of consciousness as Ilias. It is never mentioned that the Underworld is a higher plane and is only described as a mental plane at that time, the plane of man's consciousness and how he raises his consciousness to reach enlightenment or the 8th sense.

Last edited:
How many underworlds does the series have, are there parallel versions of Hades and his underworld or is there just one
I believe there is only 1 Hades for all of existence there is many statements and such that support this along with balanant special in verse mechanics that make it where their can only be 1

But I will say there is Hades Underworld which is designed in created in such a way to interfere with the concept of Reincarnation. He steals souls before they can reach that system

Buhddas was explored very little and only got 1 mentioning not much else is known about it.

There is however multiple underworld gods but hades is the only one with known worlds.

Thoguh Lancelot rejections this notion. so your going to get very wild and varied answers here.

Meh, I will check saint seiya discussion thread for the agurment. Based on how the cosmology is, it is very possible that there are multiple versions. I will look at the agurment from the discussion thread tomorrow.

Let just drop the cosmology based on the scans you have provided. Based on how the series run, it seems there is no present, only future and past

This part could work for the concept you want to apply to the Underworld, but you need to confirm the Japanese scan to see if it is correct, if the translation is correct (which is quite likely, because it is an official translation), then you could use that image as an example.

But the description of The Lost Canvas has nothing to do with a higher plane of existence.

Meh, I will check saint seiya discussion thread for the agurment. Based on how the cosmology is, it is very possible that there are multiple versions. I will look at the agurment from the discussion thread tomorrow.
to give you a brief summary

1.) Zeus says he is independent of worlds, time, and history (or maybe it was dimensions?) something like that. He also says he fought many other versions of Seiya in other worlds.

2.) Hades Underworls is directly stated to be connected to other Worlds

3.) Athena is a Hive Mind, Hades also does thsi too. Its just Athena left her true body where as Hades didn't.

4.) 2 of the same beings cannot co-exist in the same timeline. They will seek to destroy each other if they are. we had 3 athenas exist in the same timeline at one point and 2 of them met with each other. 2 of them are twins iirc born in the same tiimeline.

I had more to say but got distracted and forgot x D

Let just drop the cosmology based on the scans you have provided. Based on how the series run, it seems there is no present, only future and past
GR says there is an infinite number of worlds based upon the snapshot of the present moment. At least thats how the sentence sounds to me.

hBsT8Lp.png

"Has he become an Ashura, who fights eternally to save an infinite number of presents!"

Other translations say something like this

"Has he become an Ashura who fights eternally to save infinite presents!?"

that is a new chpater btw (well new-ish)

im waiting for more chapters to drop before immediately assume that thought

This part could work for the concept you want to apply to the Underworld, but you need to confirm the Japanese scan to see if it is correct, if the translation is correct (which is quite likely, because it is an official translation), then you could use that image as an example.

But the description of The Lost Canvas has nothing to do with a higher plane of existence.
more so heavyily implied if your asking about direct statements

but i have been trying to get my hands on the raws

everything else is irrelevant..

Saying it contributes nothing to cosmological structure is blatant headcanon as you always twist context. Me and many other users have called you out on purposely lying and manipulating context. You always end up contradicting yourself too saying you believe X-Thing then you change it later to a Y-thing often in the same thread even. I find you very suspicious. I am not going to lie about that or sugar coat it.

You also have the tendency to edit your comments long after they been debated. Adding in new things that is several post up so no one can see it then claim. "YOU DIDN"T SEE ANSWER THIS THOUGH!"

the headcanon and purpose decontexualization its getting annoying at this point.
The plane of souls has nothing to do with the Underworld, it is simply the ability to interact with a soul. Asmita and Sisyphus are not in the Underworld at that time and are only in the world of humans, where Asmita is talking to the soul of Ilias (in the tomb where the body of Ilias is resting after his death), who left the cycle of life and death because he reached the 8th Sense.

This has nothing to do with the planes of existence as a higher dimension.
more so heavyily implied if your asking about direct statements

but i have been trying to get my hands on the raws
The problem is that you need to check the translation to see what it says in the Japanese scan, so you don't have problems with this, because it's not the first time that a translation is wrong in this franchise.

Last edited:
GR says there is an infinite number of worlds based upon the snapshot of the present moment. At least thats how the sentence sounds to me.

hBsT8Lp.png

"Has he become an Ashura, who fights eternally to save an infinite number of presents!"

Perfect, this was the missing stuff. There are Infinite number of universes(present) each has multiple future and past. From the scan you gave me above. A character said that multiple future and parallel worlds can be connected to a universe. The present is just regular universe. Based on the scans above. A universe(present) will exist with past, future and also other parallel worlds. That would form a Multiverse, so there are Infinite Multiverses likely existing parallel to each other, each having multiple future and past with parallel world. This is what I made out of it

Everything above should be contained inside the Marco cosmo. This should be enough for low 1-C hypertime

In this scene they are describing the macrocosm as a universe.
They did that to Chronos too... in fact they literally called him 'A Universe" int he same panel as "MacroCosmo"....

Shura's statement also says "many existing worlds in a Universe" (sloppily summarized)

basically the samething..

Shura's statement also says "many existing worlds in a Universe" (sloppily summarized
For me, I took it as connected
They did that to Chronos too... in fact they literally called him 'A Universe" int he same panel as "MacroCosmo
Interesting turn of events, so Chronos might not be as powerful as we treats him. From my explanation above Chronos embodies both past and future. He can send characters. But there are Infinite present. I have no idea if Chronos embodies those along with past or future or he just embodies a Multiverse. That means he might not actually exist in some stories or timeline

Would be helpful, will check it tomorrow. It's already past midnight where I am
alright get some rest lol

here is all the information we have on this Chronos for right now

until more convincing evidence comes along he shouldn't be confused with the Titan King Cronos.

They did that to Chronos too... in fact they literally called him 'A Universe" int he same panel as "MacroCosmo"....

Shura's statement also says "many existing worlds in a Universe" (sloppily summarized)

basically the samething..
The description in that specific scene treats the macrocosmo as a universe.

Shura's description only indicates the size of the multiverse, because he never uses the word macrocosm in that scene to describe the multiverse.

Last edited:
He doesn't need too...

Not everything has to have specific word used...

But his statement still says "exist in a universe."

I believe Okada maintains the notion the different manga may be different universes, hence why his reluctance to say “multiverse” a lot of the time.

he builds up “his universe” hence all the stuff about these G timelines being “in the universe”.

the other universes in the multiverse he describes are the other manga.

that’s my personal interpretation of the scans, however, Okada’s intent is almost never accurately communicated by his words 😅

He doesn't need too...

Not everything has to have specific word used...

But his statement still says "exist in a universe."
The problem is that we need them to use the specific word to give it that meaning in the story, because the way Athena describes the word macrocosmo in Next Dimension just to name the universe, that's why she says she can see all the nebulae of the macrocosmo.

Your being far to overly specific.

When we have a good description of what it is. So it can be described to us without the need to use the word

until more convincing evidence comes along he shouldn't be confused with the Titan King Cronos.

A detail in this, the version of Hypermyth that is used as described in the Wiki is the 2001 version, not the old version, even I think we should not use information from any version (because it is not canon), but until we update the canon of the franchise, the only version allowed is this.
LkuO7ac.jpg

Your being far to overly specific.

When we have a good description of what it is. So it can be described to us without the need to use the word
The problem is that the word (macrocosmo) is never used in that context in the franchise.

Last edited:
The problem is that we need them to use the specific word to give it that meaning in the story, because the way Athena describes the word macrocosmo in Next Dimension just to name the universe, that's why she says she can see all the nebulae of the macrocosmo.
Usually words have different meanings depending on context.

applying 1 definition across 7 manga when the words are used in different contexts but applying the same definition is just wrong…

Usually words have different meanings depending on context.

applying 1 definition across 7 manga when the words are used in different contexts but applying the same definition is just wrong…
Yes, like the word world which in one context can mean universe, but in another context it can just mean planet, even in this franchise the word is used in both contexts as universe and planet.

hBsT8Lp.png

Perhaps it’s leading up to christmas

Shaka and Shijama feat can be interpreted as a low 1-C feat. The did create a whole ass dimension that holds the destruction and creation of countless universes. 👀

Back