• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

That's my uncle!: Kenshiro vs Kasumi Kenshiro

They say Kenshiro is the greatest practitioner of Hokuto no Ken, but the previous successors weren't there to test that theory.
Both using their second keys. Fight takes place in Shanghai, circa 1991. SBA otherwise.

Uncle:
Nephew :
Incon?: 1

Last edited:
Kasumi has the better skill feats, Ken has a fuckton of statements placing him above Kasumi, while Kasumi was recently stated to have been "the strongest man of Hokuto".

There's not enough data to go off of, but I personally think they are either equal via Ken being a reincarnation of Kasumi or Kasumi is stronger due to having better feats and statements

sudden twellas cameo.
metalgearsolid-videogames.gif

Kasumi has the better skill feats, Ken has a fuckton of statements placing him above Kasumi, while Kasumi was recently stated to have been "the strongest man of Hokuto".

There's not enough data to go off of, but I personally think they are either equal via Ken being a reincarnation of Kasumi or Kasumi is stronger due to having better feats and statements
Count'd
(Cuz it sure sounds like an incon)

Last edited:
The problem is that Ken has about 6 statements to put him above Kasumi, from guides and the series, but they were made before Souten no Ken was released.
On the other hand, if you go and compare Kasumi and Ken on some things, Kasumi is just better, for instance: fighting against people with shifted tsubos, Ken almost got killed, Kasumi found a counter immediately; fighting against chi/life drain, Ken almost died, Kasumi found a counter in 2 seconds, add to this the fact that Kasumi is stated to be "the strongest man of Hokuto" in REGENESIS and I think it's pretty clear that they are about to retcon Kasumi into being comparable if not better than Ken

The problem is that Ken has about 6 statements to put him above Kasumi, from guides and the series, but they were made before Souten no Ken was released.
On the other hand, if you go and compare Kasumi and Ken on some things, Kasumi is just better, for instance: fighting against people with shifted tsubos, Ken almost got killed, Kasumi found a counter immediately; fighting against chi/life drain, Ken almost died, Kasumi found a counter in 2 seconds, add to this the fact that Kasumi is stated to be "the strongest man of Hokuto" in REGENESIS and I think it's pretty clear that they are about to retcon Kasumi into being comparable if not better than Ken
That's fair and this matchup might be outdated very shortly, but I wanted to try and get input from the community before that retcon becomes concrete

That's fair and this matchup might be outdated very shortly, but I wanted to try and get input from the community before that retcon becomes concrete
Kasumi is heavily implied to have reincarnated multiple times throughout history, for example you can clearly three brothers also heavily implied to be the previous incarnations of Ken, Raoh and Toki on a ship at one point in the Souten no Ken manga.

Back