• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tharja: With prep key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Shown in her Support Conversations, she has quite a few abilities that can be done with prep (Henry has some very impressive abilities in his supports, but I'll definitely focus on that when his profile is made, he has some impressive hax for FE)

Of course, according to her supports with Ricken, her curses don't always work (and according to Henry's supports with Sully, he cannot curse someone with higher willpower, but I don't know if this rule applies to all curses) and that she needs to know the true name of her opponent to cast a curse on someone according to her supports with Gregor

Frederick Supports: Can become Invisible to a person

Virion Supports: Possible Mind Control (Although it didn't work on Virion at all)

Stahl Supports: Can force people to tell the truth or "die in a horribly painful manner" and Divinatio via Crystal Ball

Vaike Supports; Transmutation, Love Potion

Kellam Supports: Transmutation, Can also check on what someone is doing as long as she has the proper information, Invisibility, Possibly Literal Good Luck Charm

Donnel Supports: Can cure a cold by cursing the sickness itself

Lon'qu Supports: Memory Manipulation (Can erase memories, but she needs to know about them), possible Biological Manipulation (Supposedly has turned people inside out)

Ricken Supports: Possible Empathic Manipulation (Taught Ricken a happiness curse), likely far more curses not shown

Gaius Supports: Can increase someone's mood and stamina, love spells

Gregor Supports: Can channel the dead, possibly able to silence someone

Nowi Supports: Divination, this time saying how to do it, and that she cannot find dead people with it

Libra Supports: Can curse the Soul, Can read the "darkness" within someone which also allows curses to be performed easier

Henry Supports: Same Truth Curse as with Stahl, Can remove curses from herself (as long as it's weaker than her own magic), possible Biological Manipulation (threatened to turn Henry's tongue into knots), claims she can also deflect curses, Transmutation (Threatened to turn flowers into sticks)

Noire's Support with Father: Can give people a cold, can make people cry uncontrollably by cursing their eyes

Damn, don't know how I missed this. I'd actually meant to bring this up along with Henry's supports a while ago, but you know, laziness. Anyway, yeah I agree with adding all this to her abilities but not sure if it needs a separate key or just a note saying it requires prep. Henry's also got an impressive amount of prep requiring abilities as well, including summoning, and should probably be able to do everything (curse related) Tharja can via a couple statements somewhere.

wow, I didn't think this would ever get noticed

well, if you can find these statements, I'll add Henry's abilities into the OP

For Henry,

Summoning (or Necromancy?): In his support with Robin, Henry offers to "summon an army of Risen" to fight on their behalf. Doing so requires him to draw a symbol on the ground ahead of time.

Sleep Manipulation: Via a curse, Henry is able to put his target (Lissa) to sleep. It requires a sacrifice, and is implied to be "The nonlethal version" of the spell.

Death Inducement: Cursed Sully with a fatal spell when the weaker ones wouldn't work. Also knows a curse that will instantly kill the target should they suffer a mortal wound (Maribelle Support). This one seemingly requires no prep as well.

Transmutation: In his support with Miriel, claims to be able to turn Robin into a toad. Also worth mentioning that earlier in the support, he was able to kill a snake by using an unknown curse that required no prep time.

Time Manipulation: In his support with Sumia, Henry fixes the dishes she broke by rewinding time on them. It's only temporary though, as the objects are bound by the fate that already transpired, causing the damage to be reverted later. Henry also implies he can use it on people. This one also requires no prep.

Body Swap: Later in Sumia's support, he switches bodies with her. Requires prep.

Can talk to plants/animals: In Maribelle's support, though in every other relevant support, it seems to be reduced to simply being very in tune with nature, so I'll let you decide for yourself. Seems to be able to control crows in any case.

Empathic Manipulation: Claims to be able to make Cordelia's love for Chrom go away in Cordelia's support. Only requires "One little chant".

Illusion Creation: Creates an illusion of a dragon in Nowi's support.

Can reflect and dispel curses: Does so in his previously mentioned support with Tharja, as well as Olivia.

Can force people to bleed: Mentions it in Tharja's support. Not much else to say.

High tolerance for pain: Apparently due to nerve damage. Didn't notice a reasonably deep wound until Olivia pointed it out to him in her support.

Unsure if the hot springs, summer, and harvest events are canon, but there might be some stuff worth looking at in there too.

According to Fates, the Hot Spring and Harvest DLC are canon, they're mentioned in Odin's supports with Laslow and Selena

Also, Henry said the Time spell would force someone into an endless loop ("See, so if something bad happens to someone and you cast it on them... They have to experience that same tragedy over and over again! Nya ha!")

I'm considering a Henry page just for the curses and spells he mentions in his supports Especially the time one

From the DLC,

Power Bestowal for Henry: Henry seems to be able to grant others the ability to use dark magic, though not everyone will be compatible. A side effect is that the recipient will feel a "heavy gloom" and become depressed. If they're incompatible, Henry's magic will be painfully repelled from their body. (Harvest Scramble event with Ricken.)

Tharja stuff:

More Transmutation: During the harvest event, threatens to turn all the men who were talking about her into toads. (Dialogue with Nowi.)

More evidence/confirmation for Empathic Manipulation: Hints at being able to loosen inhibitions during the Hot Spring event, states she can erase Cordelia's jealousy with a curse during the Summer event. Also shows that she has access to talismansmans which cancel out whatever emotion is written on them from the user. (Shown when she uses one on herself during her Summer event with Cordelia, even explaining how it works: "That's how these things work. Whatever you write on them gets canceled out. I was mortified, so I wrote "mortification" and presto- no more embarrasment.")

Possible Telekinesis?: If we take this quote literally I assume that's what it'd be, though admittedly it is pretty vague. "Now, what curse would work best... Maybe one to send them hurtling into the sea to become bloody fish food?" (During the Summer event with Robin.) Not sure about this one tbh but worth mentioning.

Paralysis and Mind control: While talking to Olivia in the Summer event, claims to know a curse that will induce paralysis on a victim, allowing her to control their body at will, eventually taking over their mind as well over time.

So is everyone ok with adding the suggested abilities to Tharja's profile? (And Henry's when he gets a page)

Some of the Henry stuff doesn't sound like it would need prep tho, just something outside of gameplay.

Forgot to mention that I added these yesterday and specified what needed prep

Gonna work on Henry soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back