• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We need another vote to do so. The winning character needs to be ahead by 7 votes to have it unanimously added, otherwise, grace period.

Let's be clear on some things.

1. We got rid of uniamous voting a little while ago. You have to wait 24 hours grace, NO MATTER WHAT NOW. Even if the Vote Count is something like 22-0, you still have to wait.

2. It has been pointed out, multiple times, that this is a Speed Blitz. That makes the match unfair and turns this into a form of Stomp.

There is too much of a disparity between Thanos' and Superman's speeds to be considered fair. Speed needs to be equalized.

Gotta love how C2 gives such an elaborate reasoning that no one reads it and just votes FRA without reading him saying it was a stomp

Its not spite. Its using them on who would win in a REAL fight, with no restrictions.

Oh dear God.

bcae8205-2bec-43c2-af79-254dbede5bbc.gif

well supes resists like all of thanos's hax and since they can still fight and if remember correctly thanos can only levitate

soooo i may still vote superman

also reset all the other votes

Hmm I think Supes can take this. If memory serves he has an edge in AP and resists a good portion of Thanos' hax (Supes also has fought many people like Thanos in the past)

I'd say Thanos will take this with mid to high diffculty.

There's some canceling out here between the two.

AP/Dura: Really, I don't see either holding a distinct advantage. Superman has the AP/Dura advantage over the likes of Thor and Silver Surfer though not by that much, IIRC. At the same time, Thanos is also superior to both the aforementioned characters. As such, the two will be duking it out for quite some time.

Hax: Superman doesn't really have hax to speak of. Thanos actually has a fair bit of hax but Superman resists almost all of it. The one ability Thanos has that Superman has no counter or resistance for is the Life Manipulation, which Thanos could use to just rob Superman of his lifeforce and basically kill him right then and there. However, Thanos doesn't know that he needs to do that and it isn't something that he does right away. So, Thanos does have a way to just up and win but it will probably take some time before he ever even tries that.

Experience: Thanos has been around causing problems in the universe for thousands of years. This includes wiping and subjugating entire populaitons by himself. He's also fought against numerous heroes and villians over the years. However, Superman has done much the same (except the whole genocide and enslaving thing.) So, really, I don't see anything that puts them above the other.

Stamina: Superman's stamina is basically unlimited under a yellow sun and Thanos' is so high that the thought of either one of them tiring the either out is...laughable.

Intelligence: In raw intelligence, Thanos beats Superman but that's doesn't mean all that much. Superman is used to dealing with geniuses like Luthor and Darksied, and Thanos doesn't have prep or anything to try and set something up. Not too mention that Superman isn't an idiot and is rather intelligent himself so...

Practical Options: Here is where I think Thanos has a definite edge on Superman. At the end of the day, all Superman can really do is punch, burn or freeze Thanos when it comes to offensive moves. Defense-wise, Superman resists most of Thanos' hax but has no special defenses. All he can do is evade or physically block attacks like most other beings.

On the other hand, Thanos can blast Superman various energy attacks (which he can emit from his hands, his eyes, or in an omni-directional release of power.), trap Superman in a block of pure force, and use his energy attacks to deflect other energy attacks. Thanos also has access to various forcefields to throw up to defend himself and teleportation technology to move himself around, giving him greater mobility.

Overall, I think that Thanos can win this but Superman will work him over and it won't be easy.

Back