• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Discord can turn Thanos into an inanimate object before he can complete the finger snap so yeah Discord.

Discord, although he likes to snap to do things, can actually just do them through thought. If this is MCU thanos, we already know that his physical body when not using the gauntlet is susceptible to damage, and that he has to make a physical motion to use the gauntlet, whether it be a snap or closed-fist. It's a battle of hax, ultimately, but Discord can hax before Thanos can hax, and either erase him from existence, or BFR. If it was comic thanos it'd be a different story, but movie thanos simply doesn't have the resistance to stop Discord from erasing him before he can use the gauntlet.

TL;DR Even match, but Discord wins on a technicality.

A Stoned Orc said:
Okay, so, can someone show me more than one instance of Discord leading a fight by instantly stripping his opponent of all powers and items?
If you can't, then you can't say he leads with it. If it isn't instantaneous, then this fight is inconclusive, because Thanos can Snap before the gauntlet ever gets removed.

If Discord lead with that because he knew beforehand his foes had magical powers and items, then explain to me why Discord would lead with that against someone he doesn't know.

Lastly, and perhaps more potently, has Discord ever Power Null'd something that wasn't magic, and isn't it true that the only time he actually Power Null'd someone is when he removed an alicorn's horn, thus nulling her ability to use magic?
Also, just read this: Discord can sense magical "disturbances" and anomalies. I think a gauntlet teeming to the brim with cosmic energy would definitely set him off enough to urge him to be cautious in his approach and not let Thanos use it. Also, the above argument that a thought and a snap are the same thing is completely wrong. A thought can occur in as little as 0.1 seconds. Not only would moving your hand to snap take longer than this, but it also includes the time to think to do so anyways, so ANY additional action needed would make something take longer than a thought.

Having Thanos as one of Discord's wins looks nice (Even if it was a hilariously weaker version). Now someone unlock Thanos's profile.

I would request it here, but I'll be truthfully honest. Half the time, none of the administration adds in any of the threads and matchups. I can understand them being busy but there just needs to be a better system altogether.

Also, whoever added it to Discord's profile, I had to edit it quite a bit because it didn't fit with the format of how we add matches to profiles.

EMagoIorSouI said:
I would request it here, but I'll be truthfully honest. Half the time, none of the administration adds in any of the threads and matchups. I can understand them being busy but there just needs to be a better system altogether.
Yeah, it kinda bothers me

Discord's striking strength is unknown so it's not like he can oneshot Thanos. Both users will rely on hax so it's one of those matchups for whoever hits first wins.

Enough said. Closing this.

Back