• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Testing something. Seeing if it works or not. Also, Happy Halloween, everybody! (Jason Voorhees VS The Thing)

Well before we start we have to ask an important question: Can the Thing take over plant cells?

Given everything we know of, I don't think it can. You have some post-movie comics and games where the Thing is shown to be near plants but not taking them over. So its presumably limited to matter with protein in it like animals.

With that assumption out of the way lets go over it

Lifting Strength
The issue here is that the Thing in very few cases has just a single bodies worth or matter to work from. So a lot of its more impressive showings like lifting a bulldozer aren't usable in this match up. We know a humanoid Thing can drag couches easily, lift humans easily and bend metal bars

Jason can flip cars and lift boilers, along with replicating basically everything else a single body Thing has done. So he's stronger by a good amount

Attack Power

This basically boils down to how you clarify things. Since the current Thing profile is honestly lacking some of its better showings. But its high ends for a human body is smashing through a wall/door, smashing out of ice and sending people flying away.

Jason can fragment doors, bust down metal doors, slice small trees in half. His only real comparable feat to the Thing is this feat but it is questionable about if he truly did that alone or not, unlike the Thing where we see it just ram through a wall.

Overall I'd say that Jason is strong enough to deal damage to the Thing but he's overall weaker

Durability

To make a long section short, Jason's boiler showing is better than most of what the Thing can output, while the Thing doesn't have anything that suggests it can no sell Jason's attack.

Now this isn't to say the Thing is unable to hurt Jason, just that it cannot one shot him or beat him easily.

Biological Absorption

This is the big factor that most people would see in a Thing match. If it touches you, well, you're likely dead in the first place since very few 9-Bs have any degree of biological manipulation resistance.

But I said most and Jason is one of those 9-Bs. Jason's body is noted as being inorganic and future 2455 technology has extreme trouble even detecting if Jason is considered just a mammal.

What this means is that the Thing does not auto win. It means that if it attempts to absorb Jason it does nothing since it cannot imitate inorganic material. Jason could also maybe fight it off with his healing factor, but all the feats that involve that are either non-canon or belong to the much better Jason X. As such this means that Thing has a critical weakness; any damage cannot be recuperated through absorption.

Possession/Resurrections

They're a non-factor. I know the Jason profile lists them but its not a combat applicable thing. It takes to long for them to kick in to really matter for a fight unless you're allowing for a multiple day long countdown.

Actually killing the Thing

The issue is that Jason lacks fire damage and unlike Jason X doesn't have a way to consistently target things on a small level. This means the only real way Jason can win is if he somehow light himself on fire.

Actually killing Jason

Jason can regenerate and heal from things like eye trauma or torso trauma given enough time. Now Jason's regeneration isn't Wolverine or whatever. Its not like he can heal from being reduced to half a torso super quickly, but it does mean that non-critical damage inflicted on him can be recovered. So if the Creeper doesn't win fast, Jason will only return to his original strength while it will get steadily worse as time goes on.

As a note the Thing cannot hide from EoS Zombie Jason. He would be able to sense its electrical impulses and will to live.

Conclusion

I'm not 100% sure who actually wins this, since it is a NYC and the threat of exploding cars could always be a factor. But unless its F13's NYC with its toxic acidic waste factory I'm not sure how Jason kills the Thing. The Thing can absorb him of course, but I don't know if he can legitimately kill it on the cellular level.

Either Jason wins but sheer accident or the Thing does enough initial damage to Jason that the smaller chunks can eventually overwhelm him. Since if Jason is left alone he can just regenerate all the damage he gets hit with.

I wanna say Jason wins. But its a shaky win and a win that would take literal days for it to be completed.

It means that if it attempts to absorb Jason it does nothing since it cannot imitate inorganic material.
Another important thing to note is that it cannot assimilate something that is already dead and will ignore it, so even if it could take over plants Jason is still undead and that would prevent the Thing from taking him over.

Jason essentially has the biggest counter to this.

Wait, the 2011 movie is canon? That sucks.
Hmm, leaning towards Jason, since he counters the whole assimilation stuff and he can sense it quite easily.

I think this is more a incap, both could have ways to definitely kill the other but the chances that those happen is relatively small and more or less equally probable that either side pull them.

Back